Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey now! Nobody ever said anything like that! We do not know your preferences. ………
Kidding of course 👍 I’ve got an early Bronco (built July 2021) and knock on aluminum but no issues at all yet.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh man! I've got a '22. I've been brutalized!

Ford Bronco Jeep vs Bronco. We win!* 20230227_191421

Last edited:

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appears that this may prove that very few consumers understand the 6G at all?
Hard to blame the public - Ford has muddied the rollout of the 6G in a multitude of ways- most of us could not even have imagined possible.
I never did care what other consumers think.
In spite Of FMC's shortcomings...The only thing better than the 6G Bronco is the earlier versions.

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never understood CR scoring and I recently re-subscribed for appliance guidance.
Consider subscribing to just the on-line CR service. Then you can get the ratings you need, when you need them (like when you're in an appliance store), and skip the rest. Canceling out the print via their website was ineffective, but when I turned to the masthead, I found a phone number for subscription services, who was very helpful.

On another subject: Their ratings for the Subaru Crosstrek are right-on. My daughter has one, and it's a fantastic, reliable, and easy-to-maintain little buggy. It's on-road handling and acceleration is a delight. She bought stick--I love driving it, as my Bronco is auto.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh man! I've got a '22. I've been brutalized!

Ford Bronco Jeep vs Bronco. We win!* 20230227_191421
The fact that the F250/F350 years don't line up tells you all you need to know about this list's credibility. It's the same truck.

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The fact that the F250/F350 years don't line up tells you all you need to know about this list's credibility. It's the same truck.
There's one thing that needs to be kept in mind. When CR rates a car, there are a whole bunch of variables that THEY choose, but when they do things like the reliability ratings and the "cars to avoid", it is all based on their subscriber's input. So if a year doesn't line up, it just means that people aren't reporting for one of the vehicles. Maybe not enough 350 owners filling out questionnaires.

Here's another example. We all know it's the same rig, but way less '21s to report issues.

Ford Bronco Jeep vs Bronco. We win!* 20230227_200315

OP
OP
Broncodave

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Only consumer's opinions.
Let's clarify this one too. There is Consumer Report's opinions, where they rate cars that they test based on various criteria, and there is the "consumer's" opinion, where CR is taking the info gathered from what their subscribers report to them based on annual questionnaires that are sent out for feedback.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I stopped reading C&R years ago. Their ratings are suspect in many cases. Two examples from this list are the Nissan Murano and Chevy Blazer. Both are rated as better than average reliability which is rather surprising given Nissans well known problems with the Jatco CVTs in the Murano and the 3.6L engine in the Blazer has a pretty poor track record. Not all of these will fail but a high percentage do and it's very expensive. My guess is they are only looking at reliability in the first few years. Neither of the vehicles I mentioned are likely to make it past 100k miles without big issues. You don't have to search very much online to find lots of horror stories with the Nissan CVTs and the Chevy 3.6.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well between MIC issues, 2.7 issues, 7MT issues, tie rod worry mania, and a whole host of other oddball initial quality issues, this isn’t surprising.

The good news is, once you get all these things sorted you have an awesome and beautiful rig.

Jeep owners have been telling CR to pound sand for decades. Just ignore as all people who want rugged off-road do.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well between MIC issues, 2.7 issues, 7MT issues, tie rod worry mania, and a whole host of other oddball initial quality issues, this isn’t surprising.

The good news is, once you get all these things sorted you have an awesome and beautiful rig.

Jeep owners have been telling CR to pound sand for decades. Just ignore as all people who want rugged off-road do.
All these complainers know what they really want is that Highlander, maybe an Explorer for those who’s feelin a little frisky from time to time.

When you buy a vehicle for the purpose of bashing it against rocks for fun, sort of interesting to make an argument about reliability and warranties and such….. :rolleyes:

Or, what is that you say? That’s not actually why you bought it? :cautious: Hmmmmm…….

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
In what kind of twisted-ass universe can you say that a "Mini Cooper Countyman" is (in any way, shape, or form) comparable to a full size Bronco...? They are completely different vehicles, made for completely different usage, and totally different markets.

I don't think the mini cooper has enough off road prowess to even make it to the Bronco Off-Roadeo parking lot that I went to.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think that is it. I've found CR for the most part to be decent, but when it comes to cars there are intangibles that are not measured like the FUN factor. CR doesn't run the Rav 4 through an off-road course against the Jeep or Bronco, they look at the everyday driving characteristics like emergency handling, 0-60 acceleration, etc.
Their list of cars to avoid is oversimplified as well, but I get it. Its easier to say don't buy a Ford Focus between 2013-2018 than to say don't buy a Ford Focus with an automatic transmission between 2013-2018. Also, where is Range Rover/Land Rover on that list?
Sponsored