Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-door Wildtrak Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2 dr is better for taller drivers side to side, B pillar is farther back than 4 dr, your shoulders would probably touch them on a 4 dr.

No transfer case lever to bash, and even though I'm just under 6' I had extra room to move seat back.

I found the seats comfortable, all day during Off Rodeo. Spend the money, a $250 deposit for the day and if you buy a Bronco you get it back. They had some WT there too.

Spent a week on a road trip in a Jeep and it was scary on the hwy, and the top speed we could comfortably drive at was slower than the rest of the group (only Jeep), including a guy pulling a trailer with a minivan!

I think you'll find the independent front suspension much more stable, on the Bronco, but still not a sports car. The stock set up on the WT should be more stable, but still able to soak up the desert at speed so not a sports car, but stable. I was passenger in one at the "Hammers" and the driver hit it pretty hard on a power line road in Johnson's Valley, it was fun!
100% believe you about the minivan!
Sponsored

OP
OP

broncodream

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can address a few of your points.

First off, I'm 6'5" and "big boned." I've never had more room in a driver's seat, and I traded in my Explorer for my OBX. Tons of leg room, tons of head room, and plenty of width. Super comfortable ride.

As far as driving is concerned, I haven't experienced any wandering or wobble, even north of 80 mph. It's a very comfortable ride.
Super helpful thanks.

OP
OP

broncodream

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am 6'3 and i have had no issues with leg room/overall space at all i find it to have more than enough space i think you will be surprised and like it a lot compared to the JL and for the wandering or steering travel i have 6000 miles on my bronco with sasq. package and it tracks straight as can be it is a joy to daily drive anywhere highway or in town mine is a 4 door so i think the 2 door will have some more level of agility on the side to side driving difference but i cant imagine it is enough of a difference to make it more "sketchy" feeling compared to mine daily driving wise.
Very help, much appreciated.

OP
OP

broncodream

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can help here. We will answer these in 9 months. You'll have plenty of time to prepare.

JOke, welcome!
The funny thing is I ordered it 11/21 when I finally cashed in my 'reservation' which come to find out is worthless. It's been ~7 months and I'm sure it'll be at least 5 more.

OP
OP

broncodream

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's a night and day difference. I'm 5'11 but always found the JL interior too cramped and awkward even for my liking. The Bronco is very much like any other midsized SUV in that regard. Whenever I've been in my father in laws JL with him we are always almost touching shoulders it's so narrow. We aren't even close in the bronco. The Sas. Suspension does not have nearly as much body roll in the corners as a ruby. I do find it a bit harsher over small bumps and such, but it handles big bumps much better and feels much tighter in corners. It also doesn't feel like it's trying to steer you off the road and into an Oak tree every time you go over a crack in the road. I have an old TJ myself, and my wife will not drive or even be a passenger in it because of how bad the steering is, but she loves driving the Bronco and has no issues with the way it handles.
Just oak trees?! I find that it's a magnet for oak, cedar, pine, maple .. pretty much any type of tree , ditch, or body of water.

Sponsored
OP
OP

broncodream

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would agree with everyone here - I have a BD 4dr non SAS - and drove for about a month a JK 4dr

The Bronco is far superior in interior comfort and driving manners - i find myself going faster than should and the car behaves great

The MT tires are not ideal, but even with those it behaves better than the Jeep, if it slides you feel under control

Engine is a toss, I have the 2.7 and was surprised how peppy the 2.0 in the Wrangler felt

The main difference against the Bronco, at least in my opinion, is the noise. its LOUD, not around town or up to 50mph or so, but get on the highway and at least my soft-top is loud., cant hear the radio, raise your voice loud. The Wrangler with hardtop was dead quiet in comparison. Have not had the chance to drive a hard top Bronco to compare.

Hope that helps
Any thoughts on replacing the standard MTs?

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now, go to a Jeep forum and ask if anyone has compared a Bronco to a Jeep. The responses will be equally biased.

Wildtrak0210

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi all,

Wondering if any of you have owned or spent significant time behind the wheel of a JL Wrangler. I currently own and daily drive a 21' JLUD Rubicon. Also, I have on order a two door Wildtrack Sasquatch and hoping to get some feedback on the differences from a daily driver/comfort and convivence/highway drive perspective. I've owned the Wrangler for approx. one year and have a love / hate relationship with it. I love it while I'm looking at it or when I'm wheeling it. Otherwise I hate it like poison. Please see my gripe below. I know I bought a compromised vehicle and yes I've driven it ~6K miles so this isn't a knee-jerk thing. I'm hoping that you guys will tell me that the Bronco is just larger and more refined enough to justify the switch.

I'm 6'2" and find:
  • the interior cramped - side to side
  • no leg room - seat doesn't go back far enough - my knee bashes against the transfer case lever a lot
  • seat cushion has zero thigh support

I'm a normal human with a healthy degree of respect for driving safety:
  • I cannot relax at all behind the wheel due to it wandering all over the place
  • don't feel safe with the tires being MTs .. I know I can and will change them .. not safe to me because I've skidded to stops on dry pavement (probably going too fast)
  • Suspension has too much travel on the road - too willowy - leans too much for comfort (I know it isn't a sports car)

I'm sure I'm missing some, but you get the picture. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
I work at a very large used car retailer and drive jeeps all the time, and own a 22 wildtrack. It’s a night and day difference more leg room front and back much better ride, the bronco will actually stay where you point it no need to constantly make steering input corrections assuming you don’t have a 392 powertrain is also night and day difference in the bronco

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had CJs, YJs, TJs and JKs. The seat in my Lux BL is much much better than any of my jeeps and you hit bumps going 60 mph and not think your going to hit the ditch
Exactly this! I’m just missing a YJ out of that line up over the years but compared to those others the Bronco is a dream after spending 15k miles in it so far.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Congrats on your Bronco order😁. The really really really short short short short answer is😳. Owning the Jeep did you a huge favor on appreciating how bad ass the Bronco is😁
And oh here’s my really short video saying why😬

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
4-door bronco is super cramped due to the short doors and the B-pillar jabbing you in the shoulder, 2-door is plenty roomy.

I've had jeeps before, and I every time I think about getting another one I remember that every one I ever had had electrical issues, and the parts were way more expensive than Ford Parts.

Kygolfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agree with what most everyone is saying. My wife has a 2018 JLU sahara. I just got a 2021 Big Bend 4 door. We love the jeep but I always feel cramped and it does wander all over the road. The Bronco drives better than most any vehicle I have ever driven. Has just enough room to not feel cramped. It takes bumps very well , I never had a problem with the wrangler taking bumps but the Bronco takes them exceptionally.

OP
OP

broncodream

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now, go to a Jeep forum and ask if anyone has compared a Bronco to a Jeep. The responses will be equally biased.
Of course. I've found that Jeep people have a serious case of reality distortion. They blindly defend it to the end with no ability to admit reality. If you're not a zealot and you just buy one for a change it's shockingly obvious that the Bronco and almost any other vehicle like this will be more comfortable and much easier to drive on road. I'm glad I had the experience, but am definitely looking forward to moving on. Although the Bronco may be short-lived as well because maybe I'm just not an off-road vehicle kind of guy. Grateful that I have the opportunity to find out.

OP
OP

broncodream

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

4-door bronco is super cramped due to the short doors and the B-pillar jabbing you in the shoulder, 2-door is plenty roomy.

I've had jeeps before, and I every time I think about getting another one I remember that every one I ever had had electrical issues, and the parts were way more expensive than Ford Parts.
Just don't look at it or watch any videos and you'll be fine. It's kind of like Madusa, look at her and turn to stone .. look at a Wrangler and want to buy one. Keep your blinders on.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Of course. I've found that Jeep people have a serious case of reality distortion. They blindly defend it to the end with no ability to admit reality. If you're not a zealot and you just buy one for a change it's shockingly obvious that the Bronco and almost any other vehicle like this will be more comfortable and much easier to drive on road. I'm glad I had the experience, but am definitely looking forward to moving on. Although the Bronco may be short-lived as well because maybe I'm just not an off-road vehicle kind of guy. Grateful that I have the opportunity to find out.
Well, I'm a "Jeep people" and my sense of reality is just fine. And so is my 16 year old Jeep.
Sponsored