First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
that's the dumbest thing i've heard in a long time- i cannot imagine for the life of me spending that much on a jeep
You can't, but A LOT of people will be all over it.

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wait, so let me get this straight, a Jeep Wrangler w/ 392 Hemi starts at a higher price than the RAM TRX w/ a Hellcat?...
that's what i'm saying- maybe it has something to do with applying that power to a 4wd system that makes it harder in terms of engineering- because the other rwd 392 products are half that price! but i remember whenever i looked at grand cherokees with the bigger hemi they always cost so much more as did the durango and i have to think it's about the awd/4wd handling that power?

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
that's what i'm saying- maybe it has something to do with applying that power to a 4wd system that makes it harder in terms of engineering- because the other rwd 392 products are half that price! but i remember whenever i looked at grand cherokees with the bigger hemi they always cost so much more as did the durango and i have to think it's about the awd/4wd handling that power?
The TRX is supposed to be a Raptor level competitor and is a Baja truck as they say, Wrangler is still SFA and a rock crawler not a desert runner. I mean I could be way off here but I see far more value in the truck opposed to that wrangler.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you thought the wranglers steering was sketchy before, you haven't tried it with almost 500Hp! The pricing probably has to account for all the payouts from the resulting lawsuits.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The TRX is supposed to be a Raptor level competitor and is a Baja truck as they say, Wrangler is still SFA and a rock crawler not a desert runner. I mean I could be way off here but I see far more value in the truck opposed to that wrangler.
yes- at that price point there are a ton of other things i'd be looking at as an enthusiast- including the trx and the raptor or even a hellcat

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hahahahaha. I'm in no way a Jeep hater or any auto hater but that's ridiculous. Many of y'all seem to think they'll sell alright but I can't imagine that personally.

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
let's not forget that i'm assuming this is the base price- once you option it can you imagine how much some people will be spending on this thing!

Bronco88

Black Diamond
First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It would of made far more sense to give the Gladiator the 392 and a good front IFS suspension set up to make it a true desert runner. Seems like they screwed up pretty badly by sticking it under the hood of a Wrangler w/ SFA, I mean who needs that much power while rock crawling? Figured 5.7 Hemi would've been enough torque for given application.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you thought the wranglers steering was sketchy before, you haven't tried it with almost 500Hp! The pricing probably has to account for all the payouts from the resulting lawsuits.
It's this. They have to pad the price with a class action settlement fund that way when everyone dies they can pay them out.

6010Head

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Jeep Jk Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really wonder why they did not just go with a 5.7 .
They could have kept the cost down quite a bit and had more people buy it.
The 6.4 is too damn much money and power for a Wrangler. Maybe they are afraid Ford was gonna go Godzilla on em with the Warthog. :sneaky:
Sponsored

Last edited: