First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Jeep: Here’s an upgrade for your wrangler rubicon if you want to go faster than stock. It gets you an additional 200 horsepower and 200 torque and it costs you $30,000. Also there will be ADM and the driveline is basically stock otherwise.

I don't think it's stock otherwise. I think they made other changes.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This will be possibly the most entertaining drag strip vehicle of all time.

And I thought transverse leaf front suspension was sketch as all fuggggggggg, let's bleed out a few nuns and summon the max-PAH live axle from around that telephone pole and back into service.

Personally I think they absolutely nailed the vehicle for the personality that is after straight line freeway speed out of their off-road specific vehicle.

Hey, wait a minute...... I'll go back and re-read the threads about the 2.7 Bronco and Warthog..... Pretty sure there should be a massive difference in the target audience. Right! right? uhhhhh, right?

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

that's the dumbest thing i've heard in a long time- i cannot imagine for the life of me spending that much on a jeep
No kidding. Would rather put that into a couple of nice Bronco's!

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Power Wagon has a 6.4 (not the performancy version) has solid axles and is a big crawler type pickup, lockers front and rear, coil sprung etc... and they start much cheaper than the 392 Rubicon. Not really much more than a Gladiator really...
Power Wagon starts at $55k and doesn't include any options. The 392 comes packed with what would otherwise be optional equipment. A basic Power Wagon package is well over $5k, and that's just one of the optional packages.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just my opinion i think the 2.7 will be cute in the bronco (im getting the 2.3 due to hatred of autos) but if the problem is a v8 wont fit ,then f#@k they should make it bigger on next refresh.

Sponsored

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I started laughing, then stopped for a second, then started again. THIS is the answer? Wow, someone thinks very highly of their Jeep. No thanks!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think it's stock otherwise. I think they made other changes.
It’s got fox shocks and an upgraded transmission but everything else is from the rubicon or Mojave gladiator. Still Dana 44’s.... which you will grenade if you’re not careful. Especially if you put 37’s on it like literally everyone is going to do. Every single one of these will get tons down the road.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s got fox shocks and an upgraded transmission but everything else is from the rubicon or Mojave gladiator. Still Dana 44’s.... which you will grenade if you’re not careful. Especially if you put 37’s on it like literally everyone is going to do. Every single one of these will get tons down the road.
37s grenades D44s? Don't tell the Bronco folks!

Not just a Rubicon:
Upgraded frame rails, factory 2-inch lift, unique suspension geometry, heavy-duty brakes, FOX shocks, active dual-mode exhaust, beadlock-capable wheels, functional hood scoop, hydro-guide air intake can channel up to 15 gallons of water a minute from engine, secondary air intake.

...and more.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah seems silly but more than half here would want a v8 in the bronco honestly out of all the gut kicks this one bothered me most.
Yes, you are correct.. I'd GLADLY take a V8 in the new Bronco in a heartbeat. But consider a few things:
1. It doesn't need to be a race engine... give it mid 300's hp and mid 400's torque.
2. I wanted it available in EVERY trim level (well maybe not Base).
3. $2500-$5000 upgrade, yeah I'd probably be willing to pay that.
4. Naturally Aspirated :love: .... yes, you losers can play with your little whiny turbos all you want... I don't need that shit, I'll have the ROAR OF A V8!!!!
5. Probably get about the same mileage per gallon as what people are figuring for the 4 cyl. and 6 cyl. Sasquatched Bronco, so why not.

But alas, Ford will probably never give us the all elusive V8. Thanks for crushing my dreams. 😞

OJ_Loose

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you thought the wranglers steering was sketchy before, you haven't tried it with almost 500Hp! The pricing probably has to account for all the payouts from the resulting lawsuits.
Going off of what I said earlier about driving the Hemi swapped JL the past few weeks, this couldn't be more true. There is SOOOO much play in the steering. Between that, having 500hp and the snow storm I went through a few times... YIKES. It was fun but felt so sketchy. Especially for how well the powertrain was swapped. It feels factory level in terms of integration, but the concept as a whole is just very flawed. 1/4 tank is 50 miles if you're LUCKY, bouncing all over the road and no idea where the wheels are pointing.

However, when you hit the gas, it is so hard not to laugh hysterically.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Price is ridiculous. Would never be on my radar at that price. As it is my ordered Bronco is the highest price I paid for any vehicle in my life time. And it is only the base model with Sas. And I bought over 60 vehicles total.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes, you are correct.. I'd GLADLY take a V8 in the new Bronco in a heartbeat. But consider a few things:
1. It doesn't need to be a race engine... give it mid 300's hp and mid 400's torque.
2. I wanted it available in EVERY trim level (well maybe not Base).
3. $2500-$5000 upgrade, yeah I'd probably be willing to pay that.
4. Naturally Aspirated :love: .... yes, you losers can play with your little whiny turbos all you want... I don't need that shit, I'll have the ROAR OF A V8!!!!
5. Probably get about the same mileage per gallon as what people are figuring for the 4 cyl. and 6 cyl. Sasquatched Bronco, so why not.

But alas, Ford will probably never give us the all elusive V8. Thanks for crushing my dreams. 😞
Exactly ,offer a basic v8 and let everyone dial it up on their own,a na v8 base and everyone can go from there.

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cars n' Coffee Mustang meets Jeeps n' Java Wrangler...Carnage ensues...
Sponsored