First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
37s grenades D44s? Don't tell the Bronco folks!

Not just a Rubicon:
Upgraded frame rails, factory 2-inch lift, unique suspension geometry, heavy-duty brakes, FOX shocks, active dual-mode exhaust, beadlock-capable wheels, functional hood scoop, hydro-guide air intake can channel up to 15 gallons of water a minute from engine, secondary air intake.

...and more.
37’s+ 470 horsepower will definitely grenade a Dana 44 if you’re not careful. And yes it has other upgrades, which is why I specified that the driveline is basically stock.

I will also specify that I’m talking about actually off roading the thing. If all you do is race red lights and go to the mall sure the Dana 44’s will stand up... but there’s a reason you don’t see V8 buggies on Dana 44’s.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

37’s+ 470 horsepower will definitely grenade a Dana 44 if you’re not careful. And yes it has other upgrades, which is why I specified that the driveline is basically stock.
Im not going to bench race a truck thats not even out yet but that 392 is going to be badass.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 392 is awesome, I love it, but I think the Warthog will be a better vehicle overall. It seems like IFS would generally be better in a higher horsepower, relatively small off road oriented suv.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You don't buy a Wrangler 392 to rock crawl. Buggies are purpose built to play in the rocks. This isn't. It's not the engine horsepower and torque that will grenade the axles, it's the torque multiplication of the transmission and transfer case. You're not blowing anything up just because it's got at 392 in it

Last edited:

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
1. It doesn't need to be a race engine... give it mid 300's hp and mid 400's torque.
Ford doesn't make a V8 that weak. They would have to derate one of their current engines to get it to make that little power.

5. Probably get about the same mileage per gallon as what people are figuring for the 4 cyl. and 6 cyl. Sasquatched Bronco,
That'sNotHowThisWorks.gif

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im not going to bench race a truck thats not even out yet but that 392 is going to be badass.
110% it’s super cool. It’s just cool in the same way a Dodge Viper is cool, it’s just absurdly ridiculous. But I like my “cool” a bit more refined and balanced. In the real world I’d rather have a Mustang GT500 over that viper, or a 2.7/3.0 ecoboost Bronco over the wrangler 392. It just makes more sense.

Then again, I guess a big part of the cool factor of the 392 is that it just doesn’t make sense lol. That’s kind of FCA/Stellantis’ schtick at this point.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Power Wagon starts at $55k and doesn't include any options. The 392 comes packed with what would otherwise be optional equipment. A basic Power Wagon package is well over $5k, and that's just one of the optional packages.
Depends on how you build it.

From trim level if you just go straight to "Power Wagon" it is pricier.

Someone like me with low standards could add it to a Tradesman. $50k plus options on my end in B&P for a '21. $47k and change for a '20. A V6 automatic hardtop 4dr Wrangler Rubicon starts at $48k.

An extra grand for cloth seats and I am good. If you want options you have almost $30k to play with before you get close the 392 Wrangler.

Wrangler will fit on a trail better, PW will do truck things better so it is win some/lose some there.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

110% it’s super cool. It’s just cool in the same way a Dodge Viper is cool, it’s just absurdly ridiculous. But I like my “cool” a bit more refined and balanced. In the real world I’d rather have a Mustang GT500 over that viper, or a 2.7/3.0 ecoboost Bronco over the wrangler 392. It just makes more sense.

Then again, I guess a big part of the cool factor of the 392 is that it just doesn’t make sense lol. That’s kind of FCA/Stellantis’ schtick at this point.
True freaks of nature are not for everyone history is filled with things that were not supposed to work most of the time they are uncomfortable ,un practicile,sketchy,expensive,hard to maintain,and have little room for error.
I love that shit though danger table for two.
Ford Bronco Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Launch Edition starts at $74,995 20200819_112248

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that's what i'm saying- maybe it has something to do with applying that power to a 4wd system that makes it harder in terms of engineering- because the other rwd 392 products are half that price! but i remember whenever i looked at grand cherokees with the bigger hemi they always cost so much more as did the durango and i have to think it's about the awd/4wd handling that power?
They're getting the money up front for all of the warranty work They're going to have to do.

Sponsored

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where is the Warthog Ford??? Time to anti up!!!

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've spent the last 2 weeks driving a 6.4 Hemi swapped JL Rubicon. Weirdest and sketchiest vehicle I have ever driven. Sounds good though!
People don’t take into account a solid front axle vehicle is already going to feel sketchy compared to IFS, now imagine after The front suspension gets some wear on it 😳. Yeah it’s all fun and games until you get death wobble at 80+ miles an hour 😱. The 392 wrangler will definitely win the exhaust note war.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford doesn't make a V8 that weak. They would have to derate one of their current engines to get it to make that little power.

That'sNotHowThisWorks.gif
OK My bad... Ford will have to put whatever V8 they have in it.. 400hp? 425hp? The point of the statement was, we DON'T need a V8 from a Mustang GT dropped in there.

And to your second point, not how what works?

Explain it to an idiot such as myself so I can understand. My "theory" yes it's a theory because Ford hasn't published shit so far, is the 2.3l or 2.7l on a Squatched Bronco will probably be lucky to get 18 mpg. Once again, it's MY THEORY. My old '84 FSB with a carbureted 351 used to get me about 12 mpg on 35" mud terrains back in the day. So once again MY THEORY is a modern day V8 could probably get me the same mpg.

Now if you have any other questions, or insight that you'd love to spew at me... please take note of my signature. Thank you and have a good day.
Sponsored