Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on the order trends for the Bronco, it seems consumers are all about luxury. No surprise buyers will line up for a $75k Jeep.
And they STILL won't get any luxury for that money. Not even power seats.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have mixed thoughts on the 392. First thing that comes to mind is itā€™s really cool that there are still enthusiasts over at Stellantis who think itā€™s badass (and kind of funny) to just shit high HP V8ā€™s into their entire product line. I love that line of thinking. In the era of ā€œhow much can we neuter our vehiclesā€ they are going the opposite way which I respect.

But then I start to realize what $75k gets you nowadays. Both in vehicles and elsewhere. You can pick up a clean 997.1 Turbo for that. Or a brand new M3. If you want to talk on the practical side, you can buy a brand new HD truck thatā€™s a write-off and can produce income for much less; hell, 75k is 33% of the way to a decent starter house in my market.

The third thought that comes to mind is that doubling the HP and flattening the tq curve on a vehicle that is already prone to instability and (some would say) inherent suspension design flaws, is a recipe for disaster.

Canā€™t see this model sticking around for long but props to Jeep for doing something cool.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

wny pat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ; 2014 JK; 2020 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honest opinion from an unabashed Wrangler lover: the 392 Rubicon sitting on top of a SFA makes exactly as much sense as Ford designing the Bronco to go head to head with the JL and hobbling the new design with IFS. Ford could have dropped the mic by designing a larger IFS version for the mall crawler masses and a smaller footprint hard core Heritage Edition with a SFA to send to the Rubicon Trail. As it is, the Bronco will change nothing. Itā€™ll largely cannibalize sales from the F150/Explorer/Escape.... it wonā€™t convert Wrangler owners who just see it as the next FJ, 4Runner, Xterra, whatever.

Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ths0002

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco OBX 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"roughly $5,000 more than a 702-hp Ram 1500 TRX pickup truck."

That's some audacity.

Sponsored

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

it will be great for the mall meets

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
37ā€™s+ 470 horsepower will definitely grenade a Dana 44 if youā€™re not careful. And yes it has other upgrades, which is why I specified that the driveline is basically stock.

I will also specify that Iā€™m talking about actually off roading the thing. If all you do is race red lights and go to the mall sure the Dana 44ā€™s will stand up... but thereā€™s a reason you donā€™t see V8 buggies on Dana 44ā€™s.
This.
I blew the ring gear bolts off a Ford 9 inch with a 351W that make less than 300hp. I can't imagine what 700+hp would do to a Dana 44.
Then put in low range, multiply the torque and watch the parts fly!šŸ˜¢

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Beachin 74 and @Nickp They don't have 700+hp.

The hp/torque won't mean anything to the D44. You'll break things dependent on the conditions, wheel against a rock to the side, while turning and bouncing. What's more important though is the torque as it is multiplied through the transmission and transfer case. The crawl ratio is still lower in the Bronco, and the torque multiplied is significantly greater, so the 392 will have no impact on broken differentials. It's an argument without facts to support it.

Here are the numbers. The differential in the Bronco will have almost 40% more torque to it than the Wrangler. (tq * crawl ratio). The 392 isn't blowing up any differentials; although bad lines may.

300 * 97 = 30,000
470 * 48 = 22,500

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Looking at their B&P the 392 only comes in a 4-dr Rubicon and it's more or less loaded so compare that to a maxed out FE at $65k and you're only out $10k for the V8 that every(some)one wants. Jeep will sell these no worries at all!
Sponsored