Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking at their B&P the 392 only comes in a 4-dr Rubicon and it's more or less loaded so compare that to a maxed out FE at $65k and you're only out $10k for the V8 that every(some)one wants. Jeep will sell these no worries at all!
Yup and to me provides further confirmation that the Warthog will have a very similar price.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your co-worker is correct. It is not $70K, it is $75K!
Also the Mustang Mach-E will beat my 2016 Mustang Manual transmission in the quarter mile and on the track, so, yes, it is a Mustang.
Ford Bronco Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Launch Edition starts at $74,995 ohyou

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have mixed thoughts on the 392. First thing that comes to mind is itā€™s really cool that there are still enthusiasts over at Stellantis who think itā€™s badass (and kind of funny) to just shit high HP V8ā€™s into their entire product line. I love that line of thinking. In the era of ā€œhow much can we neuter our vehiclesā€ they are going the opposite way which I respect.

But then I start to realize what $75k gets you nowadays. Both in vehicles and elsewhere. You can pick up a clean 997.1 Turbo for that. Or a brand new M3. If you want to talk on the practical side, you can buy a brand new HD truck thatā€™s a write-off and can produce income for much less; hell, 75k is 33% of the way to a decent starter house in my market.

The third thought that comes to mind is that doubling the HP and flattening the tq curve on a vehicle that is already prone to instability and (some would say) inherent suspension design flaws, is a recipe for disaster.

Canā€™t see this model sticking around for long but props to Jeep for doing something cool.
The 392 in a Jeep may be the reason Stellantis broke up the SRT engineers and spread them out across their company. The French have seen a few Jeepā€™s in their time and know if you put that much power to the front solid axle you are in trouble. I bet they were planning on a regular hemi in the Jeep until Ford put a ecoboot V6 with over 400 foot pounds of torque and knew they were in trouble. Jeep should make a special edition Gasser model with the front lifted only.

1034C6AA-A8A0-4D4C-8E1B-398E0EA4CDFF.jpeg

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread is TL/DR but I wonder how many Jeep and RAM buyers realize that ā€œHemiā€ engines no longer have the hemispherical combustion chambers after which theyā€™re named?
Just unashamedly trading on that trademarked name.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry 75 yrs 8 mths 15 days
I think of the wrangler as being since 1987, and Jeep as a joke since theyā€™ve never been self sufficient and have been passed around like a whore, add to it the alleged Henry Ford involvement in the first jeep....
The whole since 1941 seems fraudulent.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really wonder why they did not just go with a 5.7 .
They could have kept the cost down quite a bit and had more people buy it.
The 6.4 is too damn much money and power for a Wrangler. Maybe they are afraid Ford was gonna go Godzilla on em with the Warthog. :sneaky:
They are obviously scared.

Sponsored

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
This makes no sense to me. The 392, Trackhawk, etc. If you only have one parking space MAYBE but why wouldn't you want a nice, normal SUV (Wrangler or Bronco) then a dedicated sports car? Nicely equipped but not crazy Bronco then an M235 coupe or something similar and you're right around $90K brand new.
Ha ha thatā€™s me, got a M240i and a Bronco BD coming with a build date in July. $35,000 for my ā€˜18 beemer and my Bronco BD is coming in around $44,000 plus tax etc. Iā€™m with you on this one.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's a full 50% higher than my $1,000-under-invoice price on my loaded Badlands. OK, so in a street drag race, he may beat my 2.7 by a couple of tenths 0-60, but it'll slurp gas like a blue whale gulps water basking for krill. Plus, side-by-side, people will ogle over my Bronco more (when it arrives ;) ).
Ok, where are you getting $1,000 under invoice? šŸ˜³ Iā€™m jelly

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, where are you getting $1,000 under invoice? šŸ˜³ Iā€™m jelly
I'm not special. :) I opted for Granger Ford in Iowa which is a bit of a drive, but I plan to make a road trip out of driving it back, stopping at some National Parks and such. Granger even offered a $2k under invoice deal last October--those would be reservations almost certainly not getting filled until '22.

I considered staying local, and didn't even switch to Granger until just a couple of days before ordering began, but my local dealer was strangely aloof during the whole process. I didn't even get an e-mail until after I had already switched. Too little, too late. On my build, the difference is about $3K.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm not special. :) I opted for Granger Ford in Iowa which is a bit of a drive, but I plan to make a road trip out of driving it back, stopping at some National Parks and such. Granger even offered a $2k under invoice deal last October--those would be reservations almost certainly not getting filled until '22.

I considered staying local, and didn't even switch to Granger until just a couple of days before ordering began, but my local dealer was strangely aloof during the whole process. I didn't even get an e-mail until after I had already switched. Too little, too late. On my build, the difference is about $3K.
Thatā€™s sweet! Iā€™m on the west coast do grangers a no go. Iā€™m paying Msrp šŸ„²

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s sweet! Iā€™m on the west coast do grangers a no go. Iā€™m paying Msrp šŸ„²
I was going to mention shipping as an option, but then you get into that scenario of trying to decide how much remaining savings is worth the hassle. Shipping might eat half of the savings for you.
Sponsored