First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When is jeep going add there own Sasquatch there sport so people who dont want to spend 70 to 110k for one like you can do with the Bronco base .I am getting a two door base with Sasquatch and 2.7 for 40k thats almost what dealers sale a jeep sport for .
I ordered a Jeep Rubicon for about the same as your Base Sas, $41k with upgraded sound system and tow package.

So, $70k to $110k must be in what currency?
Sponsored

Last edited:

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a Jeep Rubicon for $41k. So, $70k to $110k must be in what currency?
I was talking about the new Rubicon Recon Extreme and for 40k base with sas and 2.7 I think thats better then a Rubicon .

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price checked Jeep again. I want a stripped down 2 door with a hard top, manual trans, factory lockers,, and ideally a turbo engine (for elevation).
Jeep doesn't even offer that combination it seems.
But save the turbo for NA V6 and the Jeep comes out to like $7k more than the bronco.
Until Jeep offers lockers and so forth on the lower trims, Ford wins this.

The tan soft tops do look really good though. And I could forgive the lack of a turbo for that solid front end.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep already added a full-time 4x4 system to the Rubicon, retaining the 4:1 ratio.
Thanks, I hadn't realized that jeep now approves of 4A use on dry pavement. That is a nice improvement.

They have four engine options, from 285 hp to 470 hp.
Yes, but the v8 is overpriced and diesel is unavailable in rubi. V4/V6 are capable but underwhelming.

I know this is going to be a pointed comment, but Ford painted themselves into a corner. They literally took on the Jeep Wrangler, besting every spec that would put them in a better position for marketing purposes; however, they failed to give themselves any room to compete.
While true, everybody already knew that you could buy and easily modify a 2021 wrangler to beat the Bronco specs. Matching/beating the stock Rubicon specs for a short time solidly defined Bronco as a capable offroader, even though they are not in exactly the same niche.

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@GrayGhostDog Problem I found is I can't spec them similarly. I want the tow package and premium sound. That cost me $41,050 with the Jeep and $48,194 for the Bronco (actually I didn't spec the Bronco with premium sound because it was actually even more); over $7,000 more for the Badlands I ordered than the Rubicon I ordered.

So, yeah, if you add tow and premium sound to the Bronco, you're tied into the Lux Package for thousands, whereas the Jeep offers the options more "a la carte". So, for me, and what I wanted the Jeep is thousands less than the Bronco, and I'm also not getting a bunch of stuff that I really don't want.

If you spec a Rubicon first, the way you want it, then spec a Bronco you may find the Jeep is significantly less money. If you spec a Bronco and then try to add all of the things to a Jeep you'll find the Jeep more expensive. It comes down to what do you want, not spec'ing them the same. I want a 2D soft top (not available on the Bronco), manual transmission, tow package, premium sound, heavy duty electrical and aux switches with the lowest crawl ratio I can get. Obviously if you want all of the options, then you spec them both with all the options and the Jeep is more. That doesn't mean the Jeep costs more for everyone though, because not everyone wants the High or the Lux; although, they may be tied into it for one thing they can't live without. So, to spec a Bronco the way I have my Rubicon is a $~8k difference. Base Rubicon with tow and premium sound, and a couple more things ($41k) base Badlands with nothing more than tow and premium sound ($49k).

I told myself I wasn't going to buy another vehicle with less than 300 hp, but the Badlands with manual is only offered with the 2.3L and is 275 hp (not running premium). The Jeep Rubicon is 285 hp with the base engine. So, if I want either one of the (on paper) best 4x4 available, it'll be without hitting the 300 hp mark. I only had 190 hp in either of the last two Jeeps I owned and never lacked enough power, so 285 hp oughta do it.
Good for you... I spec'd the Rubicon multiple times... past and present. I'm a box-ticker so don't judge me... a Rubi was going to be a 4-dr, 3.6 PentaStar, Auto, hardtop, front trail cam, modular bumper, leather, etc., etc. I do that for various reasons, especially for my daily driver. Removing the Hinge Gate Reinforcement and door sill plate options I'm still over $1900 with the Badlands including the Sasquatch package. I would be over $4400 without Sasquatch package on similar 33's. And off the top of my head the Rubi's still don't have power seats, smaller touchscreen, no front sensors, and extra cameras that's there. I'm curious how much more this new package will be on the Rubi's...

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't see any other article about Xtreme Recon. Also don't see anything on Jeep's website.
I just watched TFL on YouTube and this package is only going to be available on the Rubicon and 392….Nice halfa$$ response by Jeep. 🤣

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@rtaylor I agree, the V-8 is overpriced, but because it it tied to the Rubicon four-door with almost every available option. It's, in my opinion, only available for marketing purposes. It provides very little, if any, practical advantage off road. I'm not interested in 470 hp. It's just offered to best the competition.

The diesel is available in the Rubicon, but only the four-door.

Luckily, I'm pretty happy with underwhelming performance, since it's not really why I ordered either a Bronco or Rubicon. Both the Bronco and Rubicon offer 50% more power than either of my previous Jeeps, probably with a better transmission.

Both mfg offer options. Buyers should just be aware, actually visit the sites and check out the specs based on what they want, not what the dealers are selling (spec'ing for the lot).

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just watched TFL on YouTube and this package is only going to be available on the Rubicon and 392….Nice halfa$$ response by Jeep. 🤣
As stated before, it was all available as dealer-installed-options (DIO) anyway. They don't have to put it on all the trims because it's just for marketing anyway. It's all been available prior to picking up your Jeep from the dealer, they just wanted to best the competition's marketing.

Look through a Mopar/Jeep performance catalog...it's all there.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Price checked Jeep again. I want a stripped down 2 door with a hard top, manual trans, factory lockers,, and ideally a turbo engine (for elevation).
Jeep doesn't even offer that combination it seems.
But save the turbo for NA V6 and the Jeep comes out to like $7k more than the bronco.
Until Jeep offers lockers and so forth on the lower trims, Ford wins this.

The tan soft tops do look really good though. And I could forgive the lack of a turbo for that solid front end.
Just wondering, which Bronco did you spec with the manual trans and lockers?

ETA: Base Rubicon with hard top is $42.5k.

colintrax

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado, Ford Explorer, KTM 890 ADV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wondering, which Bronco did you spec with the manual trans and lockers?
Im looking at a base with SAS, technically not available yet but we know its coming in 22.
Actual order may end up being a black diamond with SAS but Im tied between the 2. Not sure black diamond is worth the cost.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm getting a Base 2.7L Sasquatch (7/12 build). It's so cool that Ford allows me to get the big engine AND Sasquatch on the Base model.
Only offering Recon pkg on Rubicon and the super expensive 392, isn't much of a response.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm getting a Base 2.7L Sasquatch (7/12 build). It's so cool that Ford allows me to get the big engine AND Sasquatch on the Base model.
Only offering Recon pkg on Rubicon and the super expensive 392, isn't much of a response.
I agree. At the moment Jeep is on it’s heels and relying on lineage and marketing gimmicks to try to keep people in their product. This is just the start and I am sure they will have a revamp of the JL platform or will pull something out of R&D sooner than expected/anticipated.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. At the moment Jeep is on it’s heels and relying on lineage and marketing gimmicks to try to keep people in their product. This is just the start and I am sure they will have a revamp of the JL platform or will pull something out of R&D sooner than expected/anticipated.
Meanwhile Ford is having massive supplier issues and production is just ramping up. Seems like they are both in a pickle.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That moment when Jeep is taking back titles from Ford before it ever even truly lost them 🤣

Way to FAIL, Ford. Way to fucking fail.
Sponsored