First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From my standpoint, that takes a lot of wind out of its sails. If it were available on the Sport with lockers, then they are getting somewhere.
I could be wrong but aside from the bigger axles, tires, lockers, and high fenders. The only difference from sport to rubicon is hood, grill, different plastic bumper, fuel door, power locks/windows, some soft touch inside, and bigger radio screen. Oh and that big sticker on the hood that most people have to have.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anxious to see price. Bronco is already better equipped for a lower price. Now throw this package onto the rubicons and most will be north of $60k.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could be wrong but aside from the bigger axles, tires, lockers, and high fenders. The only difference from sport to rubicon is hood, grill, different plastic bumper, fuel door, power locks/windows, some soft touch inside, and bigger radio screen. Oh and that big sticker on the hood that most people have to have.
Stay bar disconnect.....

Look man, if you don't understand what "aside from the bigger axles, tires, lockers," mean or cost, please don't make a post like that.

You sound very blah about what you just wrote, but all of that stuff and the integration of it into the rig are expensive, take some labor, and make a difference if you're really going to put the rig through paces on a trail.

True, a rear locker alone will suffice for most, but bigger axles and the accompanying parts that go with it that are also beefed up, larger wheels and tires, the stay bar set up, wiring, etc would all cost some $$ or a good bit of time to upgrade in the garage. Which is why Jeep sells it all as a package.

Nothing ever wrong with not knowing and asking, because there are some guys on here who actually go out and wheel, but there are a ton who don't, some wish to. So, we want to be as transparent and helpful as possible so no one walks away with costly misunderstandings about what it takes to safely wheel on the rocks, etc.

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wishful thinking: $5k package, and you get Rubicon axles.

edit: 5.13 1st gear ratio on the manual, 4:1 Rock-Trac low range ratio, combined with the 4.56 axle ratio, gives you a 93.5:1 first gear crawl, using existing gear box and parts bin transfer case. Definitely evens the playing field a bit against the Sasquatch. could it be??
Ford Bronco Jeep Xtreme Recon 893DFB70-060E-4436-B538-6A8934A82073

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yah, I saw the official release, thank you. My "wishful thinking" was posted a few days ago, before the official release.

and this is only available on the Rubicon and the 392, so not nearly as flexible as what the Sasquatch package does for the Bronco trims.

Peter

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anxious to see price. Bronco is already better equipped for a lower price. Now throw this package onto the rubicons and most will be north of $60k.
Me too.
The 392 Rubi specs out to about $1200 per month to buy at the incentive rate of 3.3% for 60 months with 8K down.
$1200.
Per month.
Each month, for 5 years.
Without this new package even factored in.
BL 2.7 comes in at slightly over half that per month.

Will be interesting to see what that actual package alone on a regular (non fire-breathing) Rubi runs.
I'll bet a dollar you are right, it will be north of 60k...A Rubi with the diesel and stuff to equal the stuff on a BL is knocking on the door of 60K already.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BS, Ford tried to price their vehicles within $500 of the comparable Jeep. A $60k Jeep is not comparable to a 2.7L Badlands.

A Rubicon is less than $40k. I added premium sound (Alpine stereo), tow package, heavy duty alternator/aux switches, proximity keyless entry for $41k. If you let your dealer spec your Jeep for you, yeah, they can add options to get it to $60k, but that's not what it costs if you have input...or, you want all the on road options in your off-roader.

I guess it's like saying an F250 costs $75k because I saw one at a dealership for $75k. Never mind you can get on Ford.com and build one for $45k. I guess all Broncos are $65k?

And, Jeep says you can order it in a week. Think you'll have to wait for next year to receive it, get a year of miscommunication, or maybe have to wait 8 - 12 for build and delivery?

Last edited:

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stay bar disconnect.....

Look man, if you don't understand what "aside from the bigger axles, tires, lockers," mean or cost, please don't make a post like that.

You sound very blah about what you just wrote, but all of that stuff and the integration of it into the rig are expensive, take some labor, and make a difference if you're really going to put the rig through paces on a trail.

True, a rear locker alone will suffice for most, but bigger axles and the accompanying parts that go with it that are also beefed up, larger wheels and tires, the stay bar set up, wiring, etc would all cost some $$ or a good bit of time to upgrade in the garage. Which is why Jeep sells it all as a package.

Nothing ever wrong with not knowing and asking, because there are some guys on here who actually go out and wheel, but there are a ton who don't, some wish to. So, we want to be as transparent and helpful as possible so no one walks away with costly misunderstandings about what it takes to safely wheel on the rocks, etc.
I think you read my post the wrong way, “Man”…. What I’m saying is there’s no reason in adding all those components at the factory (or aftermarket) to a sport when the only thing that you would be missing from the sport after adding all the drivetrain/suspension components would be power windows/locks, and touch screen radio. to be on par with a base Rubicon (Minus the small cosmetic parts that the Rubicon has over the sport).
But you got me on the stay bar disconnect ;) I forgot to list that.

Sponsored

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yah, I saw the official release, thank you. My "wishful thinking" was posted a few days ago, before the official release.

and this is only available on the Rubicon and the 392, so not nearly as flexible as what the Sasquatch package does for the Bronco trims.

Peter
Not intended to take any jabs at you, just didn’t see this anywhere on the thread. I wish Jeep would at least let you pick some different axle ratio’s from the factory for all the trims.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The specifics:

With the newly gained kit, Jeep says it has given the Wrangler segment-leading approach and departure angles, not to mention best-in-class ground clearance and water fording capabilities. Here's how the numbers stack up against the four-door Bronco with the Sasquatch Package:

Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon PackageFord Bronco Badlands with Sasquatch Package
Approach angle (degrees)47.443.2
Departure angle (degrees)40.437
Breakover angle (degrees)26.726.3
Ground clearance (inches)12.911.5
Water fording (inches)33.633.5

Jeep is already taking orders for the Xtreme Recon Package, which can only be had with the four-door Wrangler Rubicon and the V8-powered Rubicon 392. Production is slated to commence in August, with pricing to be announced in due course. Meanwhile, the public debut will take place at the Chicago Auto Show on July 14. Yes, auto shows are finally coming back.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which will be out first, and widely available, the Jeep Recon Extreme or the Bronco Badlands?

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BS, Ford tried to price their vehicles within $500 of the comparable Jeep. A $60k Jeep is not comparable to a 2.7L Badlands.

A Rubicon is less than $40k. I added premium sound (Alpine stereo), tow package, heavy duty alternator/aux switches, proximity keyless entry for $41k. If you let your dealer spec your Jeep for you, yeah, they can add options to get it to $60k, but that's not what it costs if you have input...or, you want all the on road options in your off-roader.

I guess it's like saying an F250 costs $75k because I saw one at a dealership for $75k. Never mind you can get on Ford.com and build one for $45k. I guess all Broncos are $65k?

And, Jeep says you can order it in a week. Think you'll have to wait for next year to receive it, get a year of miscommunication, or maybe have to wait 8 - 12 for build and delivery?
I've done both vehicles similarly spec'd out... Rubicon w/ V6 came out between $4k-$5k more than a Badlands w/ 2.7 and including Sasquatch pkg. ... and then the Bronco still has a few more stuff not available on any Rubicon(360 cameras, front sensors, available power seats, bigger touchscreen, a few extra off-road tech implementations).

I'm curious to see what this Jeep factory package will cost on the Rubicons, including the 392... and why is this package only available to 4-dr Rubi's and 392? I'm not interested until Jeep's standard powerplant is punching North of 300hp/300tq and a few more things...
Sponsored