Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I noticed on the RTR Bronco there's a mount on the tailgate for Jerry cans. However, I can not find anywhere, not even the RTR site yet (just wheels) that has something similar. Has anybody seen such a thing?

Ford Bronco Jerry Can Mount? 1634165863437

Given that I've converted to a cloth roof, a roof rack is out, and I'm not too keen to be keeping gas cans inside a bouncing around vehicle.
Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I noticed on the RTR Bronco there's a mount on the tailgate for Jerry cans. However, I can not find anywhere, not even the RTR site yet (just wheels) that has something similar. Has anybody seen such a thing?

Ford Bronco Jerry Can Mount? 1634165863437

Given that I've converted to a cloth roof, a roof rack is out, and I'm not too keen to be keeping gas cans inside a bouncing around vehicle.
This is ideal. As stated, in addition the the extended range, this is almost necessary for anyone transporting fuel in a vehicle with no separate cargo area.

Keeping rotating cans, one on the Bronco and one in the garage for mowers and such, would fit my needs perfectly.

And it looks nice!

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got this in email today, I'll take the full accessory mount on the tailgate starting at time 1:07

2021 Ford Bronco RTR walk around - YouTube
Damn man, that's nice. Exactly what I need. It would be sweet to have another jerry can holder on the other side of the spare too. On my Rubicon I have an Atlas rear bumper swing gate where i can carry 5 gallons of gas and 5 gallons of water. I realize that it might be too much weight though on the stock rear door hinges, especially if you have the SAS option.

Sponsored

Incinr8

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Dodge Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What keeps that mount from crushing the Right Rear tail light?

OP
OP
Rex21c

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What keeps that mount from crushing the Right Rear tail light?
the tailgate doesn't open all the way, there's a shock absorber rod thingy that keeps it from not only swinging back closed, but from opening too far out. Not sure if the stock one is enough, there might be a different one that they put on. We'll have to find out if they ever sell it instead of showing us pictures of it.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be careful how much weight you add to the swing gate as it's rated for a max of 133 lbs per the Bronco Equipment Installation Guide ;)

Edit: Just some numbers:
Sasquatch wheel & tire 87.5 lbs
5 Gallons of gas =about 30 + 9.5lbs jerry can
Cast Hi-lift Jack 29 lbs
Already at 156 Lbs
Tire mount?
fold down table?
Things to keep in mind.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be careful how much weight you add to the swing gate as it's rated for a max of 133 lbs per the Bronco Equipment Installation Guide ;)
Good intel.

If that 133lbs includes a Samsquanch 35 or Badlands 33, that certainly isn't leaving a ton of overhead for adding more. A full jerry can has got to be ~45 pounds.

Last edited:

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Edit: Just some numbers:
Sasquatch wheel & tire 87.5 lbs
5 Gallons of gas =about 30 + 9.5lbs jerry can
Cast Hi-lift Jack 29 lbs
Already at 156 Lbs
Tire mount?
fold down table?
Things to keep in mind.
While this looks dope, I’ll be opting to fab up a MaxTrax mount for the hinge instead of a Jerry setup for the weight reason. Mounting a single Rotopax on each side of the MIC using TrailRax, or similar, will be the call IMO. When you don’t need the extended fuel range, a water

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m going to be reluctant to add more stress to the rear gate hinges. A better option is a bumper mounted spare tire and Jerry can mount. There are several in the works.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The RTR set up appears to have a new tire carrier/hinge set up. The ideal way is to have a bumper with the carrier as part of it where it transfers the weight down onto the frame. Ideally like the AEV one for Jeeps, where it's integrated with the swing gate so it will open with the gate (not having to open the tire carrier, then open the gate).

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are all gonna be doing the Jeep hinge reinforcement dance to our Broncos as well.
Sponsored