Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have you seen Tesla's? Ford's increase is peanuts...or non existent, comparatively.
Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford is losing a lot of money, bad Explorer launch, Bronco maybe in danger of running off the rails. The people at the front take the heat for all of this stuff.
Not to mention the Mach E cost untold billions and it will never recoup that cost.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Stepping Down"
"Retiring"
"Going to spend more time with family"

We all know what it actually means.
"Seeking opportunities outside the company" Don't forget that one... but at his age, probably the "family" one.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe Ford will start making some cars again instead of just Trucks, SUV's and the Mustang.
That’s not happening anytime soon. I didn’t like Hackett as CEO but that is one correct call he made. Cars will eventually come back but not until the crossover trend has passed.

I’d say that Hackett was actually fairly spot on with his strategy in getting rid of cars, focusing on Crossovers, diving into Electrics, and putting new emphasis on the Bronco. His problem has been with the execution of that strategy. The Explorer/Aviator launch was a disaster and of course many have eluded to the Bronco’s launch issues.

Maybe he can go back to building chairs.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to mention the Mach E cost untold billions and it will never recoup that cost.
$11.5Billion for electrics worldwide. That‘s the Mach-E along with the electric F150 and Transit Van. A good chunk of that money goes towards battery development where all manufacturers are way behind Tesla and trying to play catchup.

Ford probably won’t recoup the investment on the Mach-E but, in the long term, they really don’t have any choice but to get deeply into EVs. There are several countries that are outlawing ICE and Diesel passenger vehicles in the next 20 years.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My sincerest apologies. Pointing out another auto manufacturer’s stock price is irrelevant. Again, I’m very sorry my POST hurt your feelings. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get over the grief I’ve caused you.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
$11.5Billion for electrics worldwide. That‘s the Mach-E along with the electric F150 and Transit Van. A good chunk of that money goes towards battery development where all manufacturers are way behind Tesla and trying to play catchup.

Ford probably won’t recoup the investment on the Mach-E but, in the long term, they really don’t have any choice but to get deeply into EVs. There are several countries that are outlawing ICE and Diesel passenger vehicles in the next 20 years.
Please don’t mention Tesla. Others believe Tesla is irrelevant. Only discussions to blue oval applicable here.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Please don’t mention Tesla. Others believe Tesla is irrelevant. Only discussions to blue oval applicable here.
Tesla is applicable to a discussion about Ford since they are a competitor and their actions affect Ford’s actions. GM and Fiat Chrysler are jokes. Tesla is the big threat. Can’t plug your ears and pretend they aren’t there.

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Tesla is applicable to a discussion about Ford since they are a competitor and their actions affect Ford’s actions. GM and Fiat Chrysler are jokes. Tesla is the big threat. Can’t plug your ears and pretend they aren’t there.
I know. I was being facetious. I’m the one who originally mentioned Tesla :)
Sponsored