Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all,

Just got rid of the front and rear stock speakers and replaced them with these JL Audio C1-400x C1 Series 4" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield. For less then 200 bucks I drastically improved the sound quality on a Base Bronco with out having to tamper with any amps. I highly recommend everyone to do them selves a favor and get rid of those stock speaker that sound like the free earphones they give out on plane rides.

Now the goal is to somehow find a spot Hidden to add a decent sub just to compliment the speakers. I ain't looking for overkill any ideas?
Sponsored

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sweet. I don't want to do a whole overhaul on the sound syst just yet. This looks like a pretty good hold over till I'm read to do that lol

OP
OP
refade1

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sweet. I don't want to do a whole overhaul on the sound syst just yet. This looks like a pretty good hold over till I'm read to do that lol
Yes highly recommend, the cool thing is that you can add onto it. JL Audio has there Stealth Box Series which molds there subs to match the car. I am pretty hopeful in the future their will be a build for the Bronco. I am assuming it will probably be where the B&O Sub currently sits.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all,

Just got rid of the front and rear stock speakers and replaced them with these JL Audio C1-400x C1 Series 4" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield. For less then 200 bucks I drastically improved the sound quality on a Base Bronco with out having to tamper with any amps. I highly recommend everyone to do them selves a favor and get rid of those stock speaker that sound like the free earphones they give out on plane rides.

Now the goal is to somehow find a spot Hidden to add a decent sub just to compliment the speakers. I ain't looking for overkill any ideas?
Did you have to do some trimming since it says they won't fit the dash location on the crutchfield site?

OP
OP
refade1

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you have to do some trimming since it says they won't fit the dash location on the crutchfield site?
All i had to do is pry off the 2 extra mounting points the speakers came with!

Sponsored

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all,

Has anyone started making a connector to attach the factory wiring harness to aftermarket 4" speakers? I know a couple of months ago when I was looking, nobody had made them yet. I'm a novice, so splicing and/or soldering makes me a little nervous!

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

faziorf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR OBX AMB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone started making a connector to attach the factory wiring harness to aftermarket 4" speakers? I know a couple of months ago when I was looking, nobody had made them yet. I'm a novice, so splicing and/or soldering makes me a little nervous!
A board member started selling these but I have no experience using them

2021+ Ford Bronco Speaker Wiring Harness Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/[banned vendor link]/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_PTMKGEVYFTCPE7W1YTFS

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All i had to do is pry off the 2 extra mounting points the speakers came with!
Perfect. Dodd you install filters on the front pair?

Shim

Badlands
First Name
Shim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for being the guinea pig. I was looking at these or the JL C2-400X for dash and rear, C2-650cw's for kick panel.

Sponsored

BroncoBLCG

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for being the guinea pig. I was looking at these or the JL C2-400X for dash and rear, C2-650cw's for kick panel.
The C2-650CW's don't fit the kick panels. The tweeter is to tall and the grill will not close correctly.

Shim

Badlands
First Name
Shim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't think the CW had a tweeter, just a woofer. The C2-650X has a tweeter.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know this is old but did the plugs work without issues in the factory harness?
I have them installed in my Bronco. No issues. Big difference with a speaker upgrade.