First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The harness I ordered came in. Plug and play and the JVC's I got from Crutchfield sound way better. They came from Hoel Auto on Amazon if the link fails.
2021+ Ford Bronco Speaker Wiring... https://www.amazon.com/dp/[banned vendor link]?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Ordered the sub and Kickers EKOBX did. Should have them by this weekend.

20220124_153402.jpg

20220124_152729.jpg

20220124_153357.jpg
Let me know how it goes/sounds. Just realized you’re from Orangevale- I’m in Sacramento. If you end up needing help with the sub or kick panels, the shop I used is Fair Oaks Stereo -Anthony is the guy who helped me out.
Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would personally recommend an amplifier before installing a subwoofer. The amplifier drastically improved the sound of the upgraded speakers. The subwoofer just added a little punch.

However, I would also recommend doing both and at the same time since you are pulling all of the panels off.

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just for confirmation from Anthony that he pulled the signal from the driver’s side kickpanel speaker.
Cool. Figured that would be easiest way.
I may just have him do it as work is super busy right now.

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cool. Figured that would be easiest way.
I may just have him do it as work is super busy right now.
Yeah, he does great work and is very reasonable. If you do, let him know I sent you. He told me recently that he had already set up another Bronco just like mine.

Sponsored

EKOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would personally recommend an amplifier before installing a subwoofer. The amplifier drastically improved the sound of the upgraded speakers. The subwoofer just added a little punch.

However, I would also recommend doing both and at the same time since you are pulling all of the panels off.
My sub has an internal amp so it didn’t take away from the other speakers. But, If you think you’ll need an amp, doing it at the same time does make sense because the installer had the whole driver’s side trim pulled off to run wires down that channel. I didn’t add the amp and am completely happy with the sound. Even with the top off, I’ve not had to increase the volume above 15-16. I feel like anything higher volume would annoy other drivers. The biggest likely benefit to the amp could be helping out the rear pod speakers that hardly put out any sound. Mind you, I’m no audiophile, but this setup sounds better than what I’ve had an any other cars.

Last edited:

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, he does great work and is very reasonable. If you do, let him know I sent you. He told me recently that he had already set up another Bronco just like mine.
And he's less than a mile from my house 😁
I'll let him know.

uslfcfan

Black Diamond
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all,

Just got rid of the front and rear stock speakers and replaced them with these JL Audio C1-400x C1 Series 4" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield. For less then 200 bucks I drastically improved the sound quality on a Base Bronco with out having to tamper with any amps. I highly recommend everyone to do them selves a favor and get rid of those stock speaker that sound like the free earphones they give out on plane rides.

Now the goal is to somehow find a spot Hidden to add a decent sub just to compliment the speakers. I ain't looking for overkill any ideas?
Looking at getting these exact speakers. Did you have any issues with the tweeters sticking out too far and hitting the factory grills on either the front or back? i heard there might be an issue with this. Thanks.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at getting these exact speakers. Did you have any issues with the tweeters sticking out too far and hitting the factory grills on either the front or back? i heard there might be an issue with this. Thanks.
No problems in the dash. However, they will touch the rear pod grills and push them out just a tad. However, this hasnt impacted them in a negative way. It's a tight fit but it works.

smithjo33

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just did this Bronco front speaker replacement with the JL C1-400X speakers as well, and agree that it is an easy and worthy upgrade. I used the Metra 72-5600 Speaker Wiring Harness and it seems to connect fine. Attaching some pics for reference on how the wiring harness fits into the Ford wiring harness. Ive heard differing views on whether the back speaker replacement makes much of a difference; any thoughts there?

2D71C0E2-63CC-44F6-B28E-00531903D344.jpeg

1B50163D-E6B6-4658-AA71-465AA0B82F19.jpeg

2084AC7C-3FF0-4654-9022-D2E79851F764.jpeg

100CCA2A-7259-4055-89CB-6C1DEA9C7749.jpeg

Sponsored

3TooMany

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not the OP but bought these same speakers. For sure they are rubbing on the passenger side grill and causing the dash to rattle in that area with music that has a little bass. I haven’t had time to try and add some foam tape to insulate. But just a heads up for anyone interested in these.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not the OP but bought these same speakers. For sure they are rubbing on the passenger side grill and causing the dash to rattle in that area with music that has a little bass. I haven’t had time to try and add some foam tape to insulate. But just a heads up for anyone interested in these.
Interesting. Is this the fronts? I only have the rubbing in the rear pods but those don't make any odd rattles, likely cause the bass frequency is cut out anyway.

As far as another poster asked, replacing these front and the kick panel speakers make the biggest difference. Those rear pods have so much cut out it's hard to tell. One day I am hoping someone can share how to reprogram the B&O system Rear Pod speaker frequency thru Forscan (which I have). Last I read, there was a method but it was for the base audio only. Maybe then they would rattle, which personally will be a good problem to solve.

3TooMany

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. Is this the fronts? I only have the rubbing in the rear pods but those don't make any odd rattles, likely cause the bass frequency is cut out anyway.

As far as another poster asked, replacing these front and the kick panel speakers make the biggest difference. Those rear pods have so much cut out it's hard to tell. One day I am hoping someone can share how to reprogram the B&O system Rear Pod speaker frequency thru Forscan (which I have). Last I read, there was a method but it was for the base audio only. Maybe then they would rattle, which personally will be a good problem to solve.
To be clear, I have the base system, not B&O. I saw a rub mark on the inside of the passenger side grill. When I press that area while it is rattling, it stops. I get no rattle on driver side.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you run bass blockers on those JLs in dash?
Sponsored