Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel like the tone settings don’t have as much impact after the forscan change. Curious if anyone else experienced the same.
I actually just got to a pretty good spot with my Tone Settings. This is factory amp 4 4 inch infinity reference speakers with 300 bass blockers. 2022, base sound system, no insulation, soft top, 4 door. I found pulling out most of the midrange got rid of a lot of the shrill noises I hated. Treble is middle and bass is cranked up. I listen to a lot of different stuff but mostly through tidal. Rock, metal and rap are my go to’s. IDLES, Pile, Big Business, Husker Du, Funkadelic, Kendrick Lamar to give you a more exhaustive idea. This might not work for you or anyone else but I’m leaving it here for someone like me who was having a hard time figuring out something decent.

7F5A1B32-429B-4387-AC29-F3AFC9F48E6B.jpeg
Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I actually just got to a pretty good spot with my Tone Settings. This is factory amp 4 4 inch infinity reference speakers with 300 bass blockers. 2022, base sound system, no insulation, soft top, 4 door. I found pulling out most of the midrange got rid of a lot of the shrill noises I hated. Treble is middle and bass is cranked up. I listen to a lot of different stuff but mostly through tidal. Rock, metal and rap are my go to’s. IDLES, Pile, Big Business, Husker Du, Funkadelic, Kendrick Lamar to give you a more exhaustive idea. This might not work for you or anyone else but I’m leaving it here for someone like me who was having a hard time figuring out something decent.

Ford Bronco JL Audio Fix 86 - Base audio measured - Flat front/rear FORSCAN settings 7F5A1B32-429B-4387-AC29-F3AFC9F48E6B
That’s almost exactly where I landed with my EQ after the forscan settings. I still feel like a need a sub, but it’s tolerable

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Following thread. It appears that doing this change flattens and clears up the signal, but removes some 'artificial' bass that the system puts in. I'm guessing the folks that would most benefit from this are the ones that are installing aftermarket amps, speakers, and subwoofer(s), and get it tuned.

CyberRox

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the factory base system has an EQ on the front and rear channels, along with an aggressive crossover on the rear channels. Currently if someone wants to add a sub, they have to get signal from the front speakers. This Forscan change would allow you to get that from the rear speaker wires.

Also, this allows you to get full range (bass) to the rear speaker pods, this will not help the OEM speakers much as they also have a built in high pass filter. However an aftermarket speaker may not, and with this you should get fuller sound even with the factory speakers. With that said, a good system does need some DSP work to deal with the oddities of the automotive listening environment.
I did this and to me my system sounds worse and it did nothing to improve the rear pods. The only thing I see that changed was my EQ was in the flat position and it disabled the setting for occupancy audio for the driver or all passengers. My overall bass is weaker even when I turn up the EQ settings. I added Alpines to the front and rear and the fronts sound fantastic but, the back is not getting a full range signal even after this setting change. I even removed the pods and added killmat and polyfill and the bass signal is non-existent before and after the setting change. Has anyone figured out what it takes to get full signal to the rear pods yet? Maybe there are bass blockers from the factory going to the rear pods? Any help would be appreciated and I appreciate everything you have done to this point. Thanks

Sponsored

CyberRox

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like the tone settings don’t have as much impact after the forscan change. Curious if anyone else experienced the same.
I agree and my system sounds worse. No way the rear pods are getting full signal after this change. There's definitely no bass signal even after the change.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree and my system sounds worse. No way the rear pods are getting full signal after this change. There's definitely no bass signal even after the change.
Have you replaced the rear speakers? Even with the head unit sending full range the rear, the stock 4” speakers have built in capacitors (bass blockers). Someone said they are 400hz blockers which I can believe

edit: sorry I didn’t see your other message. Looks like you have replaced your rear speakers 🤔 I’m not sure what to suggest. I don’t have a way to measure frequency from rears but it seems like there are some lows coming through my 4” rear kickers

CyberRox

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you replaced the rear speakers? Even with the head unit sending full range the rear, the stock 4” speakers have built in capacitors (bass blockers). Someone said they are 400hz blockers which I can believe

edit: sorry I didn’t see your other message. Looks like you have replaced your rear speakers 🤔 I’m not sure what to suggest. I don’t have a way to measure frequency from rears but it seems like there are some lows coming through my 4” rear kickers
Before the settings change the front had great bass. It's just ok now. I've added the same Alpines in the rear pods and they have no bass at all before or after the change. I read in another thread that it may require a flash from the dealer. If you add the JBL sound bar they flash the head unit to deliver full signal to the rear. I'm not getting the bar but, would love to get it flashed

OP
OP

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did this and to me my system sounds worse and it did nothing to improve the rear pods. The only thing I see that changed was my EQ was in the flat position and it disabled the setting for occupancy audio for the driver or all passengers. My overall bass is weaker even when I turn up the EQ settings. I added Alpines to the front and rear and the fronts sound fantastic but, the back is not getting a full range signal even after this setting change. I even removed the pods and added killmat and polyfill and the bass signal is non-existent before and after the setting change. Has anyone figured out what it takes to get full signal to the rear pods yet? Maybe there are bass blockers from the factory going to the rear pods? Any help would be appreciated and I appreciate everything you have done to this point. Thanks
Are you a 21 or 22? B&O or Base? Take a screenshot of your Forscan settings and post them. What model Alpine’s are you using?

A 4 in speaker isn’t intended to produce bass, especially off head unit power. The factory EQ has a strong EQ to overcome the crap speakers and has a seriously unnatural bass boost. It will sound like a crappy 80’s boom box.

OP
OP

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Following thread. It appears that doing this change flattens and clears up the signal, but removes some 'artificial' bass that the system puts in. I'm guessing the folks that would most benefit from this are the ones that are installing aftermarket amps, speakers, and subwoofer(s), and get it tuned.
Yep, this is what I put in one of the early posts for that very reason.

First, the TLDR. It is possible to get almost completely flat audio signal from the 2022 base factory unit with ONLY using Forscan. This is great news, you won't hear a ton of difference in factory speakers, but this is the way to get flat audio to feed an amp or system of your choice.

Sponsored

CyberRox

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you a 21 or 22? B&O or Base? Take a screenshot of your Forscan settings and post them. What model Alpine’s are you using?

A 4 in speaker isn’t intended to produce bass, especially off head unit power. The factory EQ has a strong EQ to overcome the crap speakers and has a seriously unnatural bass boost. It will sound like a crappy 80’s boom box.
I have a 22 Badlands with the base stereo. I saw on here where someone changed the setting to 3801 instead of 3800 and I now have bass to the rear speakers. I have the S-series Alpines and they are fantastic for the price with good bass response for 4" speakers. Overall, I'm still not totally happy with the changes these settings produce. It seems I lose punch and fidelity. Even the mids and highs don't have that wow factor they had before the change. It's like I'm losing detail and separation that it had previously. I will be adding an Audio Control LC-4.800 and a Kicker CXA1200.1 but, for now I'm trying to get the best sound possible until I get those. I also want full power unlocked to all channels for the amps when I get them.

OP
OP

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 22 Badlands with the base stereo. I saw on here where someone changed the setting to 3801 instead of 3800 and I now have bass to the rear speakers. I have the S-series Alpines and they are fantastic for the price with good bass response for 4" speakers. Overall, I'm still not totally happy with the changes these settings produce. It seems I lose punch and fidelity. Even the mids and highs don't have that wow factor they had before the change. It's like I'm losing detail and separation that it had previously. I will be adding an Audio Control LC-4.800 and a Kicker CXA1200.1 but, for now I'm trying to get the best sound possible until I get those. I also want full power unlocked to all channels for the amps when I get them.
What did you change the second line to?

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, just get the kicker key 200.4 and be done. I originally just put aftermarket 4/6.5" speakers in and played with these forscan changes and tone settings and while better it was just ok. Once I added the 200.4 and setup the DSP, it was night and day. 10x better sounding than just speakers.