Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did this and to me my system sounds worse and it did nothing to improve the rear pods. The only thing I see that changed was my EQ was in the flat position and it disabled the setting for occupancy audio for the driver or all passengers. My overall bass is weaker even when I turn up the EQ settings. I added Alpines to the front and rear and the fronts sound fantastic but, the back is not getting a full range signal even after this setting change. I even removed the pods and added killmat and polyfill and the bass signal is non-existent before and after the setting change. Has anyone figured out what it takes to get full signal to the rear pods yet? Maybe there are bass blockers from the factory going to the rear pods? Any help would be appreciated and I appreciate everything you have done to this point. Thanks
I believe the rear 4" speakers have 300Hz bass blockers integrated into them, just like the 4" dash speakers. But, if you swapped out the rear 4" speakers for Alpines, you would no longer have the bass blockers.
Sponsored

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, just get the kicker key 200.4 and be done. I originally just put aftermarket 4/6.5" speakers in and played with these forscan changes and tone settings and while better it was just ok. Once I added the 200.4 and setup the DSP, it was night and day. 10x better sounding than just speakers.
After you added the key, did you just revert the Forscan stuff back to normal or do you still have it modified?

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After you added the key, did you just revert the Forscan stuff back to normal or do you still have it modified?
I changed it back to original.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So if I understand it, the key 200 (More accurately the built-in DSP) takes in 4 channel signal, uses the front channels to fill in the missing bass
for the rear channel, and then sends the signals out to all four speakers (boosted to 50w)

Is that correct?

Last edited:

Jpez1127

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Fit Sport, 2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hope someone can help me out, for some reason I can't see the ACM module, only getting some modules. I tried with the OBDLink EX and a Windows 11 laptop. I posted in the FORScan section yesterday to see if anyone there can help. Here is the post if anyone knows why this is happening and how I can get the ACM module to show. All help is appreciated!

Sponsored

Jpez1127

Base
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Fit Sport, 2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hope someone can help me out, for some reason I can't see the ACM module, only getting some modules. I tried with the OBDLink EX and a Windows 11 laptop. I posted in the FORScan section yesterday to see if anyone there can help. Here is the post if anyone knows why this is happening and how I can get the ACM module to show. All help is appreciated!
Was able to populate all modules using a Windows 10 laptop and connecting via USB-A - not sure which of the 2 fixed it but got my flat signal going and tuned up thanks to my Key 200.4

a94cobra

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe the rear 4" speakers have 300Hz bass blockers integrated into them, just like the 4" dash speakers. But, if you swapped out the rear 4" speakers for Alpines, you would no longer have the bass blockers.
The front and rear 4" have 400hz bass blockers factory attached to the speaker. You could bypass that very easy, but the speakers themselves with the surround they have are not gonna fair well at all with the added bass. Almost any 4" replacement is gonna sound tons better. I went with the Alpine S-40's. Tried with no bass blocker, 300hz and 150hz blockers. They handle the bass well, so I stayed with 150hz. Takes off just that very low end stuff.

I tried changing the first line in Forscan. Didn't work as I have a 22. It changed other things as well. To those who have a 22 and changed the second line, does it leave the seat positions settings or are all the dsp stuff turned off? As I have already used the signal from my kick panel speakers for my subs and I like the sound as it is now, not sure there would be benefit to changing Forscan settings anymore.

xdvgx

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On my 2022, I tried the 3800 value and got a DTC from the module. I then tried 3801 and no DTC. I didnt really investigate how much difference this did on its own but the mids and highs are definitely much better defined now. Lows are still awful, but get get blood from a stone. Not sure what next step should be.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trudging through the myraid of audio threads it seems like the easiest thing to do to fix the audio on the cheap is the Kicker Key setup and the common kicker speakers that go with it.

I want more so I'm going to go the route of a AudioControl LC-5.1300 that will be able to flatten any input signal and sum any channel if need be.

What are some speaker choices for some great sound in the $6-800 range?

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trudging through the myraid of audio threads it seems like the easiest thing to do to fix the audio on the cheap is the Kicker Key setup and the common kicker speakers that go with it.

I want more so I'm going to go the route of a AudioControl LC-5.1300 that will be able to flatten any input signal and sum any channel if need be.

Good choice of amplifier. I went with the DSP version:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-dsp-speakers-and-sub-lots-of-pictures.43856/

To match the power output of the amp I went with Morel 2-ways for the front and Kicker 4" co-axials in the rear. I noticed you are also in the Twin Cities. If you want to hear what they sound like, let me know.

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did the Kicker CS for all 6 speakers and improved the sound by quite a bit. Next did the forscan 3800 change and that made a huge difference the back speakers now have power. Next installing 200.4 amp. I can't believe nobody has come out with 6.5 speaker surrounds to replace the back speakers surrounds. I have a 2021.

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
…I can't believe nobody has come out with 6.5 speaker surrounds to replace the back speakers surrounds…
MTI Acoustics has a set, Mabett is supposed to working on some, and Jeep Box Pro on Amazon is also.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

MTI Acoustics has a set, Mabett is supposed to working on some, and Jeep Box Pro on Amazon is also.
Thank you. MTI wants 500 just for the plastic pods??? Those won't sell. You can buy Alpine 6.5 marine for $350 that look great. Maybe see what Mabett has and if too expensive I will just go Alpine since I already have the DV8 bar to hand them.

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you. MTI wants 500 just for the plastic pods??? Those won't sell. You can buy Alpine 6.5 marine for $350 that look great. Maybe see what Mabett has and if too expensive I will just go Alpine since I already have the DV8 bar to hand them.
I like the marine speaker idea, no doubt they perform well, but how’s the rear view? Mabett’s prototype looks near OEM and his prices are typically reasonable, from what I’ve seen. Not sure if they’ll provide enough air space for the 6.5s to really perform, though.

E646D07E-9BA4-49EB-8A7C-77BD23DF1E83.jpeg

6F1CCA68-41CC-4702-8968-CC36B7A62F03.jpeg

31023A46-B4A6-489E-871B-D64FA6DB26CF.jpeg

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Marine Wakeboard speakers ended up at the same level and just to the outside of the headrests, So they really didn't end up blocking any of the rear view;

Ford Bronco JL Audio Fix 86 - Base audio measured - Flat front/rear FORSCAN settings 1664534407937

The DV8 Bar looks like it might force the speakers more inboard than the setup I built, so they might block more of the view on that mount.

Mabbet wasn't even working on a speaker box yet when I did my system, or I might have held out to see how they came out. His stuff is usually pretty decent quality for cost (I have a bunch of Mabbet stuff), but I have my doubts that such a small box is gonna be sufficient for decent sound out of 6.5", Even if you stuff it with Polyfill..
Sponsored