Sponsored

JL Rubicon or Badlands Bronco - Hard Top Required (MIC)

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The thing that really sets the Bronco apart is the High+ package and the Sasquatch/lockers.

With High, you get the 360 Camera. With Sas, you get the 35, lift, lockers, and gearing.

I mention it because with the JLU, you can't get the 360 Cameras ( they do have the front but it adds $$ to the price becuase of the addition add ons).

You can get the Sasquatch equivalent-ish as long as you buy the Rubicon and go with the extreme Recon or aftermarket lift and Tires, but by the time you are done, you would have spent alot more for the Jeep than a Bronco.

So basically, if you don't care about the High package features, and you don't mind having to buy the Rubicon trim and possible upgrading the lift and tires right away, then Jeep would be a great option (plus you'll get better MPG)

Btw...do you KNOW you can get 8% under? Cuz what I found is "those dealers" are not able to do that kind of deal right now..plus Jeep has alot of restrictions on what can be ordered right now.
Yeah, I have it in writing, I sent my friend to this dealer before, it would be similar to Granger on here. Small town dealer with high volume output. I don't actually care about the high package, I was actually going with Standard package. The Sasquatch is a nice package, but a manual is a requirement this time around (I succumbed to marital pressure on the JK and regret it). So........that won't be a problem in '22, but for now I'm going with standard build.

Totally agree on the Sasquatch value, $2500 on the Badlands is a great deal, and I'll add it as soon as it's available with the manual.
Sponsored

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Order both and go with which ever comes in first. With the 8% below invoice I’m gonna guess you’ll be taking a trip to tennesee to pick up the wrangler?
There or Florida, best friend lives in Florida so he can pick me up from airport, easy flight to Orlando, go hit some trails, maybe surf/kite on the way back home. If it's TN, I'll go hit some mountain trails.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There or Florida, best friend lives in Florida so he can pick me up from airport, easy flight to Orlando, go hit some trails, maybe surf/kite on the way back home. If it's TN, I'll go hit some mountain trails.
Da joker is right though. Chrysler is being stingy right now to the dealers so they might not be able to to offer 8%. Gupton in tennesee offers 6% under plus 1% for affiliate pricing (which Chrysler stop doing right now) and 1% if you finance with them. Lakeland in Florida has the same structure.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MIC, yeah they are starting back up......but I'm pretty far down the list I'm guessing.
I have never purchased a vehicle with the intention of trading it in two years later. I guess people do that all the time, but I hold on to vehicles until they are undrivable. I had to do it this time due to the current market conditions. I would say look for a used vehicle until yours is built, but they have skyrocketed in value. This is a tough decision. Good luck!!

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never purchased a vehicle with the intention of trading it in two years later. I guess people do that all the time, but I hold on to vehicles until they are undrivable. I had to do it this time due to the current market conditions. I would say look for a used vehicle until yours is built, but they have skyrocketed in value. This is a tough decision. Good luck!!
Ditto, I mean I've had this JK for 15 years (bought October '06), only new car I've ever bought. I'm leaning towards the JLU Rubicon, test drove it this weekend, here are a few more observations:

- Manual: I like the JL better than the 2.3L Manual Bronco, just felt smoother, a bit more power and steady, turbo was a little tricky to time in my limited time with it (I'm sure it would get better).

-Interior - JL dash is better, I haven't seen the MGV in person, but I would give the floor/seats edge to Bronco. Agree with everyone seats are comfy in Bronco, although JL are a lot better than the JK.

-Driving - Bronco is still a smoother ride, JL has gotten better, sight lines in JL and smaller stance I like better.

-Looks - I like the front end of the Bronco, I like the sides/rear of the JL better.

I can get the JLU Rubicon, hard top, manual, safety group for around $42k OTD (8% below invoice), still trying to decide.

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered JLU Rubicon, Gupton Motors, 8% below invoice, roughly $42k OTD (with SC taxes, ha). Manual, hard top, safety group (wife), I still really like the Bronco, but my JK has been so rock solid and with the JLU I don't have to worry about the hard top (which is much improved from the JK by the way) or with availability.

That and I know the off-road performance of the Jeep, I'm fairly certain the Bronco will still win on-road, but honestly, the JLU feels a lot better in the 30 minutes or so I test drove it. I also like that it's a bit smaller and more agile feeling than the Bronco.

I will definitely check back in on the Bronco in a few years.
Sponsored