Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a believer that the can will catch and help. The problem is on forced induction a lot of the blow-by is water, especially in cooler conditions. That said you are never going to be able to run them in a very cold climate during the winter. They will freeze solid.
Interesting ok. I’ll watch that and empty it often. My truck is in a heated garage at night and rarely would ever sit out at below freezing temps here as it is almost always above freezing during daylight hours.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubyRedGT

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t know if supercharging is different than turbocharging, but I get quite a bit of oil in the JLT catch can on my Roush supercharged 5.0 Mustang.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed JLT oil separator today. Part # 3016P-B for F-150s. Took a little finagling as the one line was a bit too long, and I had to get creative to mount the bracket to the airbox, but I got it to work pretty well.

Edit: This is 2.7 engine. Again, it worked but I have 30 years of automotive experience. So you may want to shy away if you’re inexperienced or you want 100% perfect fitment with no craft work to make the bracket fit.

Thanks much for posting this, I'm in Canada and to get a model specific one up here would cost over $300. I got the same one you used for under $200 and just installed it today. I used the bottom nub of the air box to drill a hole and bolt it with a zip tie up top. The rest was a cinch so thanks again!

OP
OP
RubyRedGT

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks much for posting this, I'm in Canada and to get a model specific one up here would cost over $300. I got the same one you used for under $200 and just installed it today. I used the bottom nub of the air box to drill a hole and bolt it with a zip tie up top. The rest was a cinch so thanks again!
Hey Josh. You're welcome! Glad it worked well for you also.

schlotzj

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Josh. You're welcome! Glad it worked well for you also.
@RubyRedGT

Now that you have had it installed for a few months…have you had to empty it and how much has the can captured? Which catch can kit did you get and have you had any issues using the kit designed for the F-150? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
RubyRedGT

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@RubyRedGT

Now that you have had it installed for a few months…have you had to empty it and how much has the can captured? Which catch can kit did you get and have you had any issues using the kit designed for the F-150? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!!
Don't know yet. I only have 2,100 miles. On my supercharged 2015 Mustang 5.0, I only empty it every 3,000 miles (at oil changes) and it typically has a couple ounces, which is a fair amount.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s like Where’s Waldo in that engine bay. Took me a good minute to find the can. 😆
Sponsored