Sponsored

'Job # 2 Order' now appears as a line item on my order?

VarsityVillain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I made a change to my order this morning and on the order confirmation from Ford, there is now a new line item that says 'job #2 Order'. Obviously I don't have a build date yet, but what exactly does this mean? Why is it showing up now? A reference to job number was not on my previous confirmations.
Is this showing up on everyone's order now?

Screenshot_20210723-203534-866.png
Sponsored

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I made a change to my order this morning and on the order confirmation from Ford, there is now a new line item that says 'job #2 Order'. Obviously I don't have a build date yet, but what exactly does this mean? Why is it showing up now? A reference to job number was not on my previous confirmations.

Screenshot_20210723-203534-866.png
I haven’t changed anything on my order lately so I haven’t seen this. However, Ford is transitioning to Job #2 this week. It is common for them to have a different job number if there is a change in the manufacturing process. I believe job #2 will now include the hard top prep kits and probably some other fine tuning in the manufacturing process. This probably indicates to the dealer what process will be completed on your vehicle. No expert here, though.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford bundles process, part, or content updates together during a model year and calls it job 2. Usually happens in the fall on a normal model cycle.

feeble

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1977 Cobra II Monroe Handler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP

VarsityVillain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I haven’t changed anything on my order lately so I haven’t seen this. However, Ford is transitioning to Job #2 this week. It is common for them to have a different job number if there is a change in the manufacturing process. I believe job #2 will now include the hard top prep kits and probably some other fine tuning in the manufacturing process. This probably indicates to the dealer what process will be completed on your vehicle. No expert here, though.
Ford bundles process, part, or content updates together during a model year and calls it job 2. Usually happens in the fall on a normal model cycle.
Thanks for all of the responses. It is still unclear as to whether or not this 'means' anything regarding being built in 2021 or 2022. Does it mean: 'this order happened to be still open when 'Job 2' started or does it mean: 'This is planned to be built during Job 2'. Perhaps I am grasping at straws :)! If there are any recent (over the past day or so) order changes/confirmations out there, do you also have this line item? I am curious.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It doesn’t mean anything related to if your order will be a 2021 or 2022. The VIN number creation will give you the model year of your order.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco 'Job # 2 Order' now appears  as a line item on my order? Screenshot_20210723-203534-866
Thanks for asking. I made a change today and saw the same thing on my new Preview Order. Curious, I googled it and of course B6G and your post was the first thing that came up. Looks like it is fairly innocuous - I hope.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Job #2 means they are going to :poop: on all of us non-VIN reservation holders.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got the same thing bud. Just means that we are submitted for the next round of production 👍🏾

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah both my orders say the same exact thing. Both got edited yesterday.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first part of my VIN. UREFFEDL0SER