zio

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After waiting nearly four months for my order to arrive, I was able to finally install the mesh top.

Install was easy and the top fit well.

Next day, took it on some faster roads and the freeway and was amazed about how much noise it makes.

After a day or two of having it on, I don’t understand the point of it. It doesn’t block enough sun to make driving any more comfortable than no top and the flapping noise at 65mph + is insane.

I’m going back to running the first two rows of hardtop.

Anyone else have a similar experience? If not, how has the mesh benefitted you? I am outside Sacramento and it’s super hot here. Maybe too hot for jtops.
Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After waiting nearly four months for my order to arrive, I was able to finally install the mesh top.

Next day, took it on some faster roads and the freeway and was amazed about how much noise it makes.

After a day or two of having it on, I don’t understand the point of it. It doesn’t block enough sun to make driving any more comfortable than no top and the flapping noise at 65mph + is insane.

Anyone else have a similar experience? If not, how has the mesh benefitted you? I am outside Sacramento and it’s super hot here. Maybe too hot for jtops.
If you have flapping noise then there may be an installation or sewing issue.
What is your order number so I can look up the sewer who actually made it. Every top has a serial number so we can track it.
Mike

rlgreene21

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my JTops Mesh top. I live in North Carolina where its been in the 90s+ all summer and it helps with the sun baking you. My top hardly moves in the wind and is pretty quiet. When you drive. Highly impressed with it.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I absolutely think the JTop makes a difference with the sun. I have a color that's a tighter weave though... And I get no flapping sound at all, just a mild hissing sound as the wind passes through the mesh. After a couple rides with the top back, I don't notice

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

What color did you choose? Maybe it's a weave issue with certain materials?

Sponsored
OP
OP
zio

zio

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Black mesh… i still bake with it installed

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black mesh… i still bake with it installed
That's gotta be fake news. I had it on when it was 95+ degrees and I didn't feel near as burnt as when I had nothing on. It definitely makes a difference and it did when I had one on my Jeep.

scojosmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 / bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love mine - sadly the adhesive on the 3M Velcro doesnt hold up in the Colorado sun.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love mine - sadly the adhesive on the 3M Velcro doesnt hold up in the Colorado sun.
If you need a replacement kit let us know. We are in Texas and it’s been over 100 for more than 45 days with no issues.
Installation is important and once the Velcro comes up it will never bond again. The kit also includes 3M adhesive promotor that increases the bond.
Again once the acrylic is compromised it will not stick again. That’s why s clean installation when it’s cool and in the shade is so important.
Mike

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mesh made a huge difference for me here in CO. I no longer have to apply sunscreen...

For my use case, its hard to take off when the sun isn't as strong. You have to undo the brackets and you end up slowly peeing up the Velcro's bond between the tape and the vehicle. In my case the adhesive stayed on the truck and came off the back of tape itself.

It seems the failure rate is higher at leading and trailing edges of the tape. I would bet if you extended the Velcro a few inches past the mesh top beginning/end and had one continuous strip per side the failure rate would drop.

Sponsored

RFMETZ

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Got mine installed (also live in CO) and while it does do a good providing some level of shade, the zippers rattling while driving is enough to make me reconsider the whole thing. Not sure how this wasn't addressed in testing, but it's beyond annoying. Happens at even low to moderate speeds. I have the shade installed correctly and pulled as tight as possible but it doesn't make a difference. I suppose a fix could be some type of rubberized zipper pull but I'm not looking to turn this into a DIY project. Sadly I just don't think this is $360 product.

kyfigfam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Boss 302 Mustang, M/T Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Overall, I really like the top but the zipper rattle is definitely annoying. Before I even got out of my neighborhood, I stopped and tucked the zipper pull inside the zipper. Keeps them from sounding like you are driving with bells hanging. I would say a tad over priced but does seem well built and I've enjoyed driving around without the top all week.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love mine though I too have the velcro starting to separate on both sides on the rear. I followed the cleaning/prep and install procedure to a tee and let it set for 48hrs before installing the top. As for wind noise mine is very quiet up to 70mph...she starts flapping pretty good above 70 but that's pretty much expected at that speed from any brand. Not sure that I have any zipper rattle.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you need a replacement kit let us know. We are in Texas and it’s been over 100 for more than 45 days with no issues.
Installation is important and once the Velcro comes up it will never bond again. The kit also includes 3M adhesive promotor that increases the bond.
Again once the acrylic is compromised it will not stick again. That’s why s clean installation when it’s cool and in the shade is so important.
Mike
I received my Jtop shade from a friend who flipped his bronco, and I tried some amazon velcro with less than good results. Could you please point me in the direction where I can purchase the velcro suggested for use? I'd be happy to purchase from yall if that's a possibility.

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I received my Jtop shade from a friend who flipped his bronco, and I tried some amazon velcro with less than good results. Could you please point me in the direction where I can purchase the velcro suggested for use? I'd be happy to purchase from yall if that's a possibility.
They have a replacement kit for the Velcro on their website. It’s $20.00.
Sponsored