Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Mike!
I got my top on Thursday, put Velcro on yesterday and just installed too this morning.
question for you, if you look at the attached picture, the red square shows the clips on top of the Jtops, all your sample pics on your website show the flap covering the clips.
did the design change?
I’m wondering how easy it’ll be to flip it up to close the soft top with this design.

Also, the yellow arrow is pointing to where there are some waves in the top. I assume the top will loosen up a bit and I’ll be able to pull it tighter. Is that accurate?

thanks!
9BDC4FFA-FED7-4503-BD6B-2A276D430D7F.jpeg
You did a great job!
Yes the change was made about 2 weeks ago.
The reasons was mainly for better aerodynamics but it also allows the top to be folded for storage and shipping. We will start shipping them in flat boxes soon. Shipping costs have gone through the roof and rather than raise prices we had to come up with a way to ship in a smaller box. Plus there is less waste because there is less cardboard and plastic!

There Is a new video that shows installation and how to get clean smooth corners.
Broncosunshades.com

The front hooks are actually easier than before because the shade does not have to be pulled so hard to the back. .

Thanks for becoming a customer and if I can be of further assistance please let me know.
Mike

Ford Bronco Jtops shipping and order updates 59B3EAB3-4B96-4A59-9D1F-F93E89F24A05
Ford Bronco Jtops shipping and order updates 6A5AE1B4-A1BE-4DB4-B4C8-3B093C9A7970

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are the hard top clips one the inside of the top

as opposed to the soft top
That have them on the outside?
All are on the outside now. We made the change over the last two weeks.
We had to come up with a way to fold it and it ended up helping the aerodynamic. With the hooks on the inside the split design for folding made it hard to fold back.
Hope this helps.
Mike

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You did a great job!
Yes the change was made about 2 weeks ago.
The reasons was mainly for better aerodynamics but it also allows the top to be folded for storage and shipping. We will start shipping them in flat boxes soon. Shipping costs have gone through the roof and rather than raise prices we had to come up with a way to ship in a smaller box. Plus there is less waste because there is less cardboard and plastic!

There Is a new video that shows installation and how to get clean smooth corners.
Broncosunshades.com

The front hooks are actually easier than before because the shade does not have to be pulled so hard to the back. .

Thanks for becoming a customer and if I can be of further assistance please let me know.
Mike

Ford Bronco Jtops shipping and order updates 6A5AE1B4-A1BE-4DB4-B4C8-3B093C9A7970
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the quick response, but is this really how it’s supposed to look and operate now when soft top is closed???

the flap keeps getting in the way of the clamps.
I must be missing something here.

Ford Bronco Jtops shipping and order updates F6433C50-9782-489C-BB44-0FA6A5651230
Ford Bronco Jtops shipping and order updates 4DC6020D-A82F-4A69-BF13-3633D48A0C84

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the quick response, but is this really how it’s supposed to look and operate now when soft top is closed???

the flap keeps getting in the way of the clamps.
I must be missing something here.

Ford Bronco Jtops shipping and order updates 4DC6020D-A82F-4A69-BF13-3633D48A0C84
Watch the video (step 3.) You need to evenly fold it back and the paddled will hold it up. From the pics it looks like the center is not lined up.
broncosunshades.com is where the videos are.

Ford Bronco Jtops shipping and order updates 99B63A49-9F54-441F-B0AE-6760A1F3746F

Sponsored

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Watch the video (step 3.) You need to evenly fold it back and the paddled will hold it up. From the pics it looks like the center is not lined up.
broncosunshades.com is where the videos are.

Ford Bronco Jtops shipping and order updates 99B63A49-9F54-441F-B0AE-6760A1F3746F
Ah ok, I see what you did. So you unhook the front and fold back for both the soft and hard tops.
understood.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah ok, I see what you did. So you unhook the front and fold back for both the soft and hard tops.
understood.
Great glad it helped. Need anything just let us know.
Mike

CHIGATRON

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat Sport, Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The hardtop version arrived Friday for the wifes 4 door, unfortunately I dint get a chance to put it on this weekend. Question, we have a factory softop we bought from a forum member and I plan on putting it on in September and then switching back to the factor hard top in December. Will I have to take the Bimini top off to install the soft top or can I just leave it on? Leaving it will save me a lot of work since the wife want the tops swapped for Fall (Soft), Winter (Hard), Spring (Soft), Summer (Hard).

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The hardtop version arrived Friday for the wifes 4 door, unfortunately I dint get a chance to put it on this weekend. Question, we have a factory softop we bought from a forum member and I plan on putting it on in September and then switching back to the factor hard top in December. Will I have to take the Bimini top off to install the soft top or can I just leave it on? Leaving it will save me a lot of work since the wife want the tops swapped for Fall (Soft), Winter (Hard), Spring (Soft), Summer (Hard).
There is an issue here. the top either fits the soft top or the hard top. They have different configurations for the brackets.
Mike
Sponsored