First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche, Tesla, Subaru, Dodge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered 5/27 a 4 door hard top Bimini. Are the shipping times still about 5 weeks? No rush, just curious. Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered 5/27 a 4 door hard top Bimini. Are the shipping times still about 5 weeks? No rush, just curious. Thank you!
Yes unfortunately.
We have had a terrible time with the zippers. Not making excuses it’s just been very hard get a supply of what we need. They are a special light weight resin product. We need 1,000 of them.
We have a solution but it’s adding a few days to the delivery time. We hope you can hang in there…Mike

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes unfortunately.
We have had a terrible time with the zippers. Not making excuses it’s just been very hard get a supply of what we need. They are a special light weight resin product. We need 1,000 of them.
We have a solution but it’s adding a few days to the delivery time. We hope you can hang in there…Mike

I would take one without the zippers on my 2D. Summers killing me. 😂 I know its intended to be able to leave on w/ the hardtop installed, but not all of us will use it that way. I have a hardtop lift and the Bimini will just be in the way of that process.

Maybe make it an option and reduce cost/labor for those that also won’t use them?

Order No. 13219Placed on May 4, 2022

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would take one without the zippers on my 2D. Summers killing me. 😂 I know its intended to be able to leave on w/ the hardtop installed, but not all of us will use it that way. I have a hardtop lift and the Bimini will just be in the way of that process.

Maybe make it an option and reduce cost/labor for those that also won’t use them?

Order No. 13219Placed on May 4, 2022
We are so close. Tracking shows the zippers being delivered Friday morning!

These pics show a #10 sport zipper. We were able to reduce the size to a YKK #5 coil zipper for better performance.

Just curious…how would you reach the latches to get the front panels off if we left the zipper off?

Mike

Ford Bronco Jtops shipping and order updates 80B85648-9287-4C9A-A953-235D89440B82
Ford Bronco Jtops shipping and order updates 0C292172-DC8D-495B-B848-E78DC43654E1
Ford Bronco Jtops shipping and order updates 86EBDAAA-F726-4088-863D-8834F9AB0CE1

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
man hopefully my 2 door top is shipping soon

Sponsored

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious…how would you reach the latches to get the front panels off if we left the zipper off?

Mike
Hi Mike, thanks for the reply.

the short answer is I don’t intend to leave it on full time.. I never did. Looks and fit were more a deciding factor for me personally. Which it appears to be an outstanding product with care in design and engineering. 💪

The lift I’m using to remove/store my hardtop requires me to pass the straps over the roll bar, place the front panels in the basket etc. it would hinder that process if I left the Bimini in place.

—> Link To Lift Install <—

I don’t mind removing and installing the Bimini as needed. I’ll admit I haven’t fully looked at the install process, or how it secures, but if it’s primarily earth magnets and Velcro, then yeah, I’m in for a no zipper, no cut outs (at the roof bolt bracket),, no fuss version.

hope this input is taken as constructive as it’s intended 🤙

Last edited:
OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Mike, thanks for the reply.

the short answer is I don’t intend to leave it on full time.. I never did. Looks and fit were more a deciding factor for me personally. Which it appears to be an outstanding product with care in design and engineering. 💪

The lift I’m using to remove/store my hardtop requires me to pass the straps over the roll bar, place the front panels in the basket etc. it would hinder that process if I left the Bimini in place.

—> Link To Lift Install <—

I don’t mind removing and installing the Bimini as needed. I’ll admit I haven’t fully looked at the install process, or how it secures, but if it’s primarily earth magnets and Velcro, then yeah, I’m in for a no zipper, no cut outs (at the roof bolt bracket),, no fuss version.

hope this input is taken as constructive as it’s intended 🤙
Very helpful! It may be an option especially as we evaluate the soft top aftermarket products for the 2 door.
We are just getting started with our first thee shade versions for the Broncos. Fall is coming and we do a lot of prototypes then.
Stay tuned and send more ideas. That’s what helps us make better products! This is a team effort!
Mike

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very helpful! It may be an option especially as we evaluate the soft top aftermarket products for the 2 door.
We are just getting started with our first thee shade versions for the Broncos. Fall is coming and we do a lot of prototypes then.
Stay tuned and send more ideas. That’s what helps us make better products! This is a team effort!
Mike
Mike,

Wanted to follow up and say thank you.
Received my Tan 2 Door Bimini Top today.
Top notch quality and craftsmanship. Seriously, not just saying it to say it. Very impressed. Cant wait to install it.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mike,

Wanted to follow up and say thank you.
Received my Tan 2 Door Bimini Top today.
Top notch quality and craftsmanship. Seriously, not just saying it to say it. Very impressed. Cant wait to install it.
Thank you!
I just shared this with the entire team. You made everyone’s day!
Please send any feedback, it’s important to us that customers be involved.
Always here to help.
Mike

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m right with you was told on 5/13 things are in motion but they had recieved 350 orders in 6 weeks. Well over what they projected the Bronco line to be. I have emails From Mike H. @ Jtops from march saying they were still finalizing the design.

Sponsored

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got mine yesterday. Might have to tie it to some posts and put my hammock under it until I have something to put it on.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had my 4 door Jtop in use for about a month now, definitely an upgrade from the Ford catalog version. Its secured nicely, zero flapping/noise at any speed.

Question, which direction are folks flipping the front lip when they close the soft top to latch it? Flipping the J top up and back, or down and under?

@JTopsUSA, any recommendation? I've been flipping the front lip up and back to clear the softie latches. It seems to hold a little bit of memory when I flip it back down to use, but the magnets overcome that and its not an issue so far. I'm leaving the J top hooks in the front holes and not pulling anything off the velcro strips when I close the top, I just flip that main plastic header piece up...

Thanks for a great product!

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m right with you was told on 5/13 things are in motion but they had recieved 350 orders in 6 weeks. Well over what they projected the Bronco line to be. I have emails From Mike H. @ Jtops from march saying they were still finalizing the design.
Everything is shipping now. 4 door hardtops are going out slower as the team ramps up.
2 doors are averaging 10 a day because there is only one zipper.

Mike

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had my 4 door Jtop in use for about a month now, definitely an upgrade from the Ford catalog version. Its secured nicely, zero flapping/noise at any speed.

Question, which direction are folks flipping the front lip when they close the soft top to latch it? Flipping the J top up and back, or down and under?

@JTopsUSA, any recommendation? I've been flipping the front lip up and back to clear the softie latches. It seems to hold a little bit of memory when I flip it back down to use, but the magnets overcome that and its not an issue so far. I'm leaving the J top hooks in the front holes and not pulling anything off the velcro strips when I close the top, I just flip that main plastic header piece up...

Thanks for a great product!
We only tested it flipped back. Folding under is something we will experiment with. Over time it will get more pliable.
We use a similar design on the Jeep and after 4 years they perform well.
Mike

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!
I just shared this with the entire team. You made everyone’s day!
Please send any feedback, it’s important to us that customers be involved.
Always here to help.
Mike
came out looking real nice! 💪🤙

45D4FD48-F4AB-4726-A519-8EB5505DCF6B.jpeg

91156C81-280A-41B8-81EB-05442E9E65E2.jpeg

EE297FE8-508E-4FEA-A2A5-BD812B3E7838.jpeg

1148870B-71E2-4031-B26B-20C60180C379.jpeg
Sponsored