Sponsored

JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update!

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got a shipping notification on the 21st. Whoo hooo........... it has yet to actually ship.

Zero communication since 7/12 ☹

I ordered a Gearshade top on Monday because I absolutely have to have something for our trip next week. Got it in 3 days.

I hope the Jtops is worth the wait but it's looking like I won't use it till next summer anyway.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a shipping notification on the 21st. Whoo hooo........... it has yet to actually ship.

Zero communication since 7/12 ☹

I ordered a Gearshade top on Monday because I absolutely have to have something for our trip next week. Got it in 3 days.

I hope the Jtops is worth the wait but it's looking like I won't use it till next summer anyway.
Chris, just checked and it shows label created. I will check on why it did not ship.
We are in full production mode on all versions of the shades now.
Sorrry about the delays but I think you will be impressed.
Mike

890359DB-03C1-49F4-9269-552AF3A5814B.jpeg

839BC489-A1F9-4B1E-AAB5-795155EED2FB.jpeg

6099A3FE-9A27-4F95-AD3B-D35910C9C39D.jpeg

78F33CF9-5995-44B0-976E-6A8B4A4790F6.jpeg

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@JTopsUSA Mike my top arrived today!! Any issues with installing the velcro while its 100+ degrees outside? I will do it early in my garage but its not temp controlled and will likely hit 100+ by 1pm. May need to let it cure longer than 24hrs...

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@JTopsUSA Mike my top arrived today!! Any issues with installing the velcro while its 100+ degrees outside? I will do it early in my garage but its not temp controlled and will likely hit 100+ by 1pm. May need to let it cure longer than 24hrs...
Not a bad idea to let it cure a bit longer. I let mine sit for a full 24 hours and I don't think that was enough. Installed velcro in garage at 9pm this past Monday, It was outside Tuesday (top on but sunny out) while I was at work (12hrs of that 24). Installed it Tuesday night in garage. Wednesday afternoon, I noticed after sitting outside in the sun for several hours (top off) some of the Velcro started pulling off of the roll bar. I when I got home last night, I relieved the pressure from the top and just re-pressed everything down. Hopefully that works. I had the top up today so I will not know until tomorrow. Bottom line is as hard as it may be, I think waiting a little longer will help….

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes this crazy heat wave is melting everything. I would install when it’s in the shade and cool. If you can let it sit a few extra days it would really help. Unfortunately the installation specifications for the adhesion promotor and the acrylic glue on the the Velcro recommendation is 90 degrees or cooler at installation.

Our Texas, Phoenix and Las Vegas test vehicles that were installed in March have had no issues all summer and it was brutal. I have it installed on a test panel that’s going on over a year in the hot and cold and it’s perfect.

If you have an issue we always have more if you need it!
Mike

Sponsored

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not a bad idea to let it cure a bit longer. I let mine sit for a full 24 hours and I don't think that was enough. Installed velcro in garage at 9pm this past Monday, It was outside Tuesday (top on but sunny out) while I was at work (12hrs of that 24). Installed it Tuesday night in garage. Wednesday afternoon, I noticed after sitting outside in the sun for several hours (top off) some of the Velcro started pulling off of the roll bar. I when I got home last night, I relieved the pressure from the top and just re-pressed everything down. Hopefully that works. I had the top up today so I will not know until tomorrow. Bottom line is as hard as it may be, I think waiting a little longer will help….
Same here. I put my hardtop back on as the weather is going to be intermittent.
I put the velcro on at night in the garage, left it in the garage for a full 24hrs. IDK if it got >90 in the garage during the day on saturday.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had the same issue with mine. Installed the velcro last Thursday, didn't put the actual mesh top on until Saturday evening. Sunday afternoon at the lake with the bronco sitting in the sun it looks like this. I love the design, the magnets are comically strong hahaha, and it does not flap going down the highway. I'm thinking this crazy heat just melted the velcro side of the adhesive. They sent me an extra like 3 foot section, i'm going to clean it up and re-apply it this week and see how it goes.

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update! 1661884941545

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the same issue with mine. Installed the velcro last Thursday, didn't put the actual mesh top on until Saturday evening. Sunday afternoon at the lake with the bronco sitting in the sun it looks like this. I love the design, the magnets are comically strong hahaha, and it does not flap going down the highway. I'm thinking this crazy heat just melted the velcro side of the adhesive. They sent me an extra like 3 foot section, i'm going to clean it up and re-apply it this week and see how it goes.

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update! 1661884941545
We are going to need to send you a replacement kit. Once the acrylic separates it will not bind again. Please send a request to [email protected]
When you get the kit there will be instructions on the proper installation. Even moving it during installation can have an I’ll effect.
Mike

bsmith922

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I got mine delivered late last week. With it being at or above 100 degrees in SoCal for the next week or so, and just with summer heat in general, I'm thinking I may just wait until the fall to install mine - to be safe.

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We are going to need to send you a replacement kit. Once the acrylic separates it will not bind again. Please send a request to [email protected]
When you get the kit there will be instructions on the proper installation. Even moving it during installation can have an I’ll effect.
Mike
I followed the instructions in the original kit. I don't think I place it and repositioned at all. The rest of it seems to be holding very well. Just the spot that was baked in the sun that day at the lake.

Thanks Mike! You guys are awesome. Great customer service.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I followed the instructions in the original kit. I don't think I place it and repositioned at all. The rest of it seems to be holding very well. Just the spot that was baked in the sun that day at the lake.

Thanks Mike! You guys are awesome. Great customer service.
I’ll send extra and a couple alcohol wipes and adhesion promotor. What was your order number?
Mike

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just spent the last 3 hours cleaning the residue off my Bronco. I am pretty confident that the adhesion to the Bronco itself is great. It's the actual velcro side that failed on mine.

Goof off, alcohol, and the normal not harsh ways of removing would not even touch this. I had to break out the 3M eraser wheel to clean it completely. Going to lay down the new tonight and then leave it until spring when I put the mesh top back on.

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update! 1666643102245

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Bronco Hardtop Bimini 4 Door Sun Shade Update! 1666643122250
Sponsored