Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So after a long wait and lots of delays I finally got my shade today.

Watched the video a couple of times, and I think I have the same issue Mike had in the video (no matter how much slack I give the drivers side I can only pull the passenger side down so far).

I have the hard top brackets, and I think I should probably just take them off and find a safe place for them. I don’t intend on getting a hard too anytime soon. I also noticed from watching the LiteBrite video that the JTop will not be compatible with the Bestop Trektop as you need the hard top brackets.

Now, I ordered way back on 4/19 as soon as Mike posted this design on the website. I just got it today 6/1. That’s a long wait. But I do like the design.

Now the only issue I have is no matter how tight I’ve fright to pull the Velcro down I can’t get the front 2 corners to lay flat and tight.

I haven’t driven with it yet, but I’ll probably push the top back to position 1 tomorrow for the drive home.

Enough of that…here’s pics.

22D683D9-B600-4A67-A357-61241ABA2002.jpeg

C3BCDF9F-FC72-41C2-98E6-A9D275952C1C.jpeg

2799548B-1947-42AD-9854-EA622AFE4E1D.jpeg

553D3201-DBD3-42F6-8141-4BA1CD641926.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So after a long wait and lots of delays I finally got my shade today.

Watched the video a couple of times, and I think I have the same issue Mike had in the video (no matter how much slack I give the drivers side I can only pull the passenger side down so far).

I have the hard top brackets, and I think I should probably just take them off and find a safe place for them. I don’t intend on getting a hard too anytime soon. I also noticed from watching the LiteBrite video that the JTop will not be compatible with the Bestop Trektop as you need the hard top brackets.

Now, I ordered way back on 4/19 as soon as Mike posted this design on the website. I just got it today 6/1. That’s a long wait. But I do like the design.

Now the only issue I have is no matter how tight I’ve fright to pull the Velcro down I can’t get the front 2 corners to lay flat and tight.

I haven’t driven with it yet, but I’ll probably push the top back to position 1 tomorrow for the drive home.

Enough of that…here’s pics.

22D683D9-B600-4A67-A357-61241ABA2002.jpeg

C3BCDF9F-FC72-41C2-98E6-A9D275952C1C.jpeg

2799548B-1947-42AD-9854-EA622AFE4E1D.jpeg

553D3201-DBD3-42F6-8141-4BA1CD641926.jpeg
Looks good, The hard top brackets do need to be removed. The soft top brackets look like they are off in the pics. Give everything some time to stretch and loosen up a bit.
Send a pic of the corners you are referring to?
Sorry for the timeframe, remember when you ordered it was for a preorder. We have been very carful in the roll out. There is a big difference in us testing and the customer putting it through it’s paces.
Always here to help and most importantly to get feedback on how we can make it better.

Mike

Last edited:

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks good, The hard top brackets do need to be removed. The soft top brackets look like they are off in the pics. Give everything some time to stretch and loosen up a bit.
Send a pic of the corners you are referring to?
Sorry for the timeframe, remember when you ordered it was for a preorder. We have been very carful in the roll out. There is a big difference in us testing and the customer putting it through it’s paces.
Always here to help and most importantly to get feedback on how we can make it better.

Mike
Yep. I’ll remove the hard top bracket. And I guess I hadn’t put the soft top brackets back on before taking pics. They line up right tho

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. I’ll remove the hard top bracket. And I guess I hadn’t put the soft top brackets back on before taking pics. They line up right tho
Ok, let me know if anything comes up.
The mesh material we use for the flag prints is different from all the other mesh. It will take a bit more time to loosen up before you will need to adjust the stretch. We use it because it soaks up the ink for a more vibrant print.
Mike

Blueoval

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer & 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Mike, I was just wondering if you guys had any updates on the hardtop version? Did the zippers come in? I know the constraints are real for everyone right now. I was just curious :).

Sponsored
OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Mike, I was just wondering if you guys had any updates on the hardtop version? Did the zippers come in? I know the constraints are real for everyone right now. I was just curious :).
Yes we got part of our order and we have started production.
We are taking it slow as the sewing team gets up to speed.
Mike

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes we got part of our order and we have started production.
We are taking it slow as the sewing team gets up to speed.
Mike
Good to hear. I know I've gotta be near the top of the list so I'm always looking for that elusive "shipped" email

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@JTopsUSA Mike, couple of minor things.
Once I get above 70 MPH on the freeway, the front fold-back section of the top keeps coming free and flipping back. I'm wondering if it's not up against the front close enough?
It's snug in the center, but the sides are 1/4' to 1/2" inch back.
I've tried pulling it as far forward as it'll stretch.

Also, while trying to make these adjustments, I've noticed my "Velcro" strips are pulling free from the body of the vehicle. (I did use the alcohol wipes, and installed the "velcro" the day before installing the top).

Thanks!

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JTopsUSA Mike, couple of minor things.
Once I get above 70 MPH on the freeway, the front fold-back section of the top keeps coming free and flipping back. I'm wondering if it's not up against the front close enough?
It's snug in the center, but the sides are 1/4' to 1/2" inch back.
I've tried pulling it as far forward as it'll stretch.

Also, while trying to make these adjustments, I've noticed my "Velcro" strips are pulling free from the body of the vehicle. (I did use the alcohol wipes, and installed the "velcro" the day before installing the top).

Thanks!
Yes the shade should be snug up against the windshield and the ends should be tucked under the rubber in the corners. There should be zero gap. This happen to another customer who did not have it snug to the front. one corrected there were no issues.

Once you unseat the Velcro the acrylic glue will not bond again. It will stick but it will not stay on properly. We can send some extra if you need it. Send us your order number and request more. [email protected]
We will get it right.

Mike

Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes the shade should be snug up against the windshield and the ends should be tucked under the rubber in the corners. There should be zero gap. This happen to another customer who did not have it snug to the front. one corrected there were no issues.

Once you unseat the Velcro the acrylic glue will not bond again. It will stick but it will not stay on properly. We can send some extra if you need it. Send us your order number and request more. [email protected]
We will get it right.

Mike
Thanks a ton Mike!
i figured that was the issue.
email coming your way.

Kamikazi_bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We will get it right.

Mike
I have the same issue with velcro pulling off the body. i guess it was due to my hurry to finish the installation on the same day and not following the recommendation of leaving it on for 24 hrs before putting the top. i have some extra strip of velcro that was sent by your team that i can use to change out some sections. hopefully wont need more.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same issue with velcro pulling off the body. i guess it was due to my hurry to finish the installation on the same day and not following the recommendation of leaving it on for 24 hrs before putting the top. i have some extra strip of velcro that was sent by your team that i can use to change out some sections. hopefully wont need more.
It is critical to let it bond. Our oldest bets tester is in month 5 with no issues and that is in the Nevada heat!
Send a request to [email protected]
Mike

ldcobb2

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cencalbroncos.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Steve, I realize it's getting hot, I live in Texas as well!
We have been transparent from the beginning that hardtop orders were preorders and would take a month. We then sent an email that we were making a zipper change and it would delay them further. This is a new product and we will not rush them out the door. If we determine we can make a change to improve the product we will, even if it causes a delay.
Quality and funcionality are the most import part of what we do. We will not ruin our reputation or disapoint a customer becaus something is takling a little longer to ship.
We will deliver!

Mike
Owner
JTopsUSA

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! IMG_9136
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! IMG_9136
e
This is great! Can we get a picture of the top looking from the back toward the front?