Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@JTopsUSA

Hi Mike, would you happen to have a photo looking up towards the sunvisor area from the driver's perspective? I'm trying to figure out how much of the view is blocked by opaque portion of the bimini. Thank you.

Edit: The picture you posted in response to @ldcobb2 is almost what I'm looking for, but not quite.
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@JTopsUSA

Hi Mike, would you happen to have a photo looking up towards the sunvisor area from the driver's perspective? I'm trying to figure out how much of the view is blocked by opaque portion of the bimini. Thank you.

Edit: The picture you posted in response to @ldcobb2 is almost what I'm looking for, but not quite.
that would be great to see, I really don't want any view blocked, whole point of opening the roof is to NOT have stuff in the way, which is why the other bimini on the market are a no for me. And I'm afraid it's the same for this one, unless the solid part pretty much sits on top of the window frame and does not (or only very little) impact the open view.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes the shade should be snug up against the windshield and the ends should be tucked under the rubber in the corners. There should be zero gap. This happen to another customer who did not have it snug to the front. one corrected there were no issues.

Once you unseat the Velcro the acrylic glue will not bond again. It will stick but it will not stay on properly. We can send some extra if you need it. Send us your order number and request more. [email protected]
We will get it right.

Mike
Got my shade about a week ago but it's still in the box. I briefly watched the install video but plan to dive in soon. So far tips seem to be, let the velcro setup for 24 hours, remove the hard top brackets, and make sure the front of the shade is all the way forward? Anything else I might be missing so far?

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JTopsUSA

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! tempImageH0VG3w

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my shade about a week ago but it's still in the box. I briefly watched the install video but plan to dive in soon. So far tips seem to be, let the velcro setup for 24 hours, remove the hard top brackets, and make sure the front of the shade is all the way forward? Anything else I might be missing so far?
Most important! Let the velcro cure!
Take you time and start the velcro at the front weld mark!
Mike
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! tempImage3X9Jyh

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How come in some photos there is a black strip across the front of the Bimini, then in others, it’s not there at all? I am trying to find a Bimini that avoids having an obstruction block my view whenever I decide to look up.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that would be great to see, I really don't want any view blocked, whole point of opening the roof is to NOT have stuff in the way, which is why the other bimini on the market are a no for me. And I'm afraid it's the same for this one, unless the solid part pretty much sits on top of the window frame and does not (or only very little) impact the open view.
Best I have guys it's about 4 inches.
If you want a clear view you can always get a bungee top. There is a 4 inch gap and you can see right through it to the sun and it may be a better solution for your needs.
Mike

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 913082CB-9BE4-476C-906C-E74600BE223B
I
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 49B3EE01-D8F8-462A-8E48-3A0FAC29A1CF

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How come in some photos there is a black strip across the front of the Bimini, then in others, it’s not there at all? I am trying to find a Bimini that avoids having an obstruction block my view whenever I decide to look up.
The front design has a 4 inch strip you fold back to allow access to the latches. Not sure just how much of a view it blocks off.It's only 4 inches and part of that is the windshield frame. Here are some pics. This is as much of the view we could squeeze in 😊
Mike
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! tempImageyUbPsU
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 913082CB-9BE4-476C-906C-E74600BE223B
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 49B3EE01-D8F8-462A-8E48-3A0FAC29A1CF

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The front design has a 4 inch strip you fold back to allow access to the latches. Not sure just how much of a view it blocks off.It's only 4 inches and part of that is the windshield frame. Here are some pics. This is as much of the view we could squeeze in 😊
Mike
Thank you for the quick response! Will give it some more thought. I am riding a few trails with some other Bronco owners this weekend, hopefully somebody has a Bimini I can inspect.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@JTopsUSA

Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@JTopsUSA

Here's a couple, best angle I have...

IMG_9059.jpg

IMG_9062.jpg

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best I have guys it's about 4 inches.
If you want a clear view you can always get a bungee top. There is a 4 inch gap and you can see right through it to the sun and it may be a better solution for your needs.
Mike
Just my opinion, but I dislike the gap on the bungee versions. JTops has a much cleaner design.

I’m really looking for a solution for the SunRider front row flipback top, so I may be better off crafting something myself until a professional version comes along. It’s such a small piece, that it can be designed to be installed quickly when the SunRider is flipped back.

Hmmm, might be the perfect time to pick up a decent sewing machine, lol.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just my opinion, but I dislike the gap on the bungee versions. JTops has a much cleaner design.

I’m really looking for a solution for the SunRider front row flipback top, so I may be better off crafting something myself until a professional version comes along. It’s such a small piece, that it can be designed to be installed quickly when the SunRider is flipped back.

Hmmm, might be the perfect time to pick up a decent sewing machine, lol.
Sewing machine is a good start! I just wish it was that simple.
Mike

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most important! Let the velcro cure!
Take you time and start the velcro at the front weld mark!
Mike
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! IMG_9062
Got the Velcro on so I can finish up the install tomorrow. Not sure if I needed to go as far forward as you did with the strip going over the weld, but I matched your picture which left me a little short in front of the soft top latch. Luckily you ship enough extra that I filled in the gaps in case it is needed. I can get why people don’t want to wait for it to cure because it’s so tempting to go ahead and finish the install and use it immediately, but I want to do it right the first time. Basically it’s a 24hr and 30 minute install.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got the Velcro on so I can finish up the install tomorrow. Not sure if I needed to go as far forward as you did with the strip going over the weld, but I matched your picture which left me a little short in front of the soft top latch. Luckily you ship enough extra that I filled in the gaps in case it is needed. I can get why people don’t want to wait for it to cure because it’s so tempting to go ahead and finish the install and use it immediately, but I want to do it right the first time. Basically it’s a 24hr and 30 minute install.
It's hard to wait!
In long run it really helps. One more thing, make sure you rub out the bubbles. Use the blunt end of a screw driver, it works great. If there are to many bubbles under the velcro the heat will cause them to expand and loosen the velcro up.
Need help just let us know.
Mike
Sponsored