First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure if you saw the tips. Attached is the pdf.

Any questions let us know. The printed tops take a little more finesse putting them on. Make sure the front strip is touching the windshield rubber gasket and the front corners are under it slightly. Then stretch the front 2 feet or so over the sides before you pull it to the rear and attach the straps.
We are always here to help!
Mike
I read the PDF twice and watched the video you made. Will repeat tomorrow before installing to get it right.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mike, according to post #425 above, that is not true. Ordered June 3 and shipped today June 6th.
The only thing that shows shipped that was ordered on June 3rd were fabric samples.
I hope you’re right.
Mike

MontyMoose

First Edition
First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Road Glide, 2018 F-150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank you for your understanding. I believe if we changed it we would get comments from the other 50%. I was thinking we could offer a choice. A user selectable option when ordering? That way everyone would be able to select their preference.
What do you think?
Mike

224B4B7C-2725-41E5-8DD0-464EAC36A518.jpeg
Being a veteran, I wondered the same thing and think this is a great compromise. Though in cases where you have words on it, you've established an orientation/intended viewing angle. For example, with the prototype design with the word Bronco and the bucking bronco logo on it, the field should be above the driver's seat, however if the word Bronco ran in the same direction as the stripes, then the field should go over the passenger's seat.
In cases without words, the flag orientation should be customer's choice.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being a veteran, I wondered the same thing and think this is a great compromise. Though in cases where you have words on it, you've established an orientation/intended viewing angle. For example, with the prototype design with the word Bronco and the bucking bronco logo on it, the field should be above the driver's seat, however if the word Bronco ran in the same direction as the stripes, then the field should go over the passenger's seat.
In cases without words, the flag orientation should be customer's choice.
We will add the option!
Mike

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m guessing this isn’t supposed to happen at 50 mph?
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! A729FDFC-9AF7-43B9-84C9-F73737E3DFB3

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And what are these straps for? They sit in between the metal of Bronco and the magnets of the shade. Can’t imagine that helps…
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 37757E1A-453A-41FC-8BFA-FE8F830C21B3

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ouch. Did you double check to make sure you installed it correctly?

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, with the instructions provided and the video that’s for an earlier version of the shade… I did the best I could.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, with the instructions provided and the video that’s for an earlier version of the shade… I did the best I could.
It’s installed incorrectly. More than 200 have shipped now. Only a few have had this happen and when they corrected it there are no issues. I get emails all the time about how well it performs on the highway.

The tabs should be tucked under or if you feel you don’t need them cut them off.

We put them on there because of customer requests. We have recently stoped adding them because they really are not necessary and cause the strip to bunch up.

Now if there is a manufacturing error then it’s possible it needs to be replaced. We stand 100% behind all of our products.

Mike

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So since the instructions say, “The front strip should be snug against the windshield rubber gasket and the corners should be slightly tucked in under front corners of the rubber.”

This isn’t quite correct then? There’s really not room for tucking… I could adjust the shade so it sits closer to the windshield…

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 46041D17-6041-4DFB-B2ED-5AB09FED4CC1

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 98DF277C-746B-44B5-9B27-3AE0E8AE922E

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So since the instructions say, “The front strip should be snug against the windshield rubber gasket and the corners should be slightly tucked in under front corners of the rubber.”

This isn’t quite correct then? There’s really not room for tucking… I could adjust the shade so it sits closer to the windshield…

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 98DF277C-746B-44B5-9B27-3AE0E8AE922E

Yes adjust so it is forward more and don’t pull the shade as hard to the back as I do in the video.
Once it’s forward stretch it over the first 2 feet of Velcro and then snug it to the back. The stretch and tightness come from the sides. It will smooth out and work properly.
We are doing a new installation video next week now that we have feedback.
We get use to putting it on and off so getting this feedback really helps.
Send me an update to [email protected]

6BF7E3DC-09FD-4AD2-B15C-7C6B909E8EB6.jpeg
5737EB51-730A-42E3-B60F-E365F30C7661.jpeg
A0DB3378-4896-4C97-906D-A30785054621.jpeg

ARETE

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to give a shout out to @JTopsusand their team. I had inquired about having a custom shade made with my logo for my training facility on it, and was referred to Kait for the design work. Her customer service was on point!! So appreciated her assistance (and these guys are BUSY!!) I can't wait to get my shade, and get the roof off my rig! Thanks to Mike, Kait and the team!
Sponsored