RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We don’t use regular Velcro. This is a hook and loop product from 3M. It has a heat rating up to 240 degrees. It uses an acrylic adhesive rated the strongest in the industry. It’s also the most expensive part of the shade. We have used it for years and this is even an improved version of what we have been using.
If you follow the installation instructions it will perform to it’s specifications. If you do not it will fail.

Mike
Hey Mike, does this magical material happen to come in white? That would make it less visually obtrusive on my white roll bars.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Mike, does this magical material happen to come in white? That would make it less visually obtrusive on my white roll bars.
Well it’s not magical but we have talked it over with our 3M rep.
Now you don’t actually ever see it unless the sun shade has been removed. In that case the top would be on and it would not be visible.
We will see what 3M has available.
Mike

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well it’s not magical but we have talked it over with our 3M rep.
Now you don’t actually ever see it unless the sun shade has been removed. In that case the top would be on and it would not be visible.
We will see what 3M has available.
Mike
In my case I think there would be times I’d choose to remove the shade (as well as the top) for the full open-air experience, in which case white Velcro would be a nice option.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my case I think there would be times I’d choose to remove the shade (as well as the top) for the full open-air experience, in which case white Velcro would be a nice option.
Understood.
I’ll discuss it with the production manager. It will have to be a selectable option.
Mike

Charlie

Wildtrak
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I was curious as to whether the field of stars would be available positioned over the driverside. I submitted the question to Support. I was pleasantly surprised to hear from Mike himself. Here is Mike's response. Thank you for replying instead of ignoring the question like other vendors have done.

The debate on the field had gone on for the 8 years we have been making our tops.
Even our competition has the field over the passenger side. I had a discussion with them and a few others at a show and we all agree it’s all in the point of view. It will never satisfy everyone.

We can do it as a custom design for you if you like. But we will continue it as a standard product with the field over the passenger side.
Thanks for your interest

Mike

Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA

Sponsored
OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I was curious as to whether the field of stars would be available positioned over the driverside. I submitted the question to Support. I was pleasantly surprised to hear from Mike himself. Here is Mike's response. Thank you for replying instead of ignoring the question like other vendors have done.

The debate on the field had gone on for the 8 years we have been making our tops.
Even our competition has the field over the passenger side. I had a discussion with them and a few others at a show and we all agree it’s all in the point of view. It will never satisfy everyone.

We can do it as a custom design for you if you like. But we will continue it as a standard product with the field over the passenger side.
Thanks for your interest

Mike

Mike Matras
Owner
JTopsUSA
Thank you for your understanding. I believe if we changed it we would get comments from the other 50%. I was thinking we could offer a choice. A user selectable option when ordering? That way everyone would be able to select their preference.
What do you think?
Mike

224B4B7C-2725-41E5-8DD0-464EAC36A518.jpeg

Skidog

Badlands
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco "21"Badlands 4dr 2.7,"23"2Dr Man,Tesla, Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
is there a discount for your shades on these fourms? Thank you!

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
is there a discount for your shades on these fourms? Thank you!
Absolutely! Use cod G625 for $25.00 off. Thank you for your interest and if we can help in any way please let us know.
Mike

DropHunter

Black Diamond
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good question!
We are working on the install video but the best Velcro start point is an inch before the hook. We send extra if you need it.
The most IMPORTANT part! Clean the surface, apply the Velcro and rub the bubbles out. Then let it cure for 24 hours.
When installing the top put the front strip right up to the rubber windshield gasket. The corners should tuck slightly under. Stretch the front sides on a bit and then snug from the back where it goes over the roll cage. Then work the sides until it’s smooth and tight.
You can watch the 4 door video on the website. It is virtually the same.
Thanks for becoming a customer and if I can help just let me know.
Mike

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 224B4B7C-2725-41E5-8DD0-464EAC36A518
I put my top on first, hooked the front hooks placed the top out using the magnets to hold it in place. Snugged it up with the back loops.
This let me know exactly where to put the Velcro.

Skidog

Badlands
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco "21"Badlands 4dr 2.7,"23"2Dr Man,Tesla, Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely! Use cod G625 for $25.00 off. Thank you for your interest and if we can help in any way please let us know.
Mike
Thank you. On your site now. Will order tonight! Thank you for your speedy delivery of samples. It very much helped!

Sponsored
OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t live near the beach?
Bring it with you…
This has to be one of the coolest custom tops we have ever done!
Gina Q a graphic designer had us do this for her!
If you need some ideas to design a custom top she is available to help!
Mike

AECFB95E-36E0-4C91-BD90-AF463791D5E7.jpeg
4A48675C-73AA-4121-8C93-3E207F96F00B.jpeg
8571FFE3-A9C2-4D24-B35F-C72ACFF8D8BB.jpeg

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t live near the beach?
Bring it with you…
This has to be one of the coolest custom tops we have ever done!
Gina Q a graphic designer had us do this for her!
If you need some ideas to design a custom top she is available to help!
Mike

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 8571FFE3-A9C2-4D24-B35F-C72ACFF8D8BB
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 8571FFE3-A9C2-4D24-B35F-C72ACFF8D8BB
I emailed you about this yesterday. Can I buy one also. I love this. If she says yes tell her thank you very much. That is just next level.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I emailed you about this yesterday. Can I buy one also. I love this. If she says yes tell her thank you very much. That is just next level.
I will ask and send you her email. She ownes a design company and I’m sure she will help.
Mike