DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m guessing this isn’t supposed to happen at 50 mph?
A729FDFC-9AF7-43B9-84C9-F73737E3DFB3.jpeg
Yikes, looking from the other pics the hard plastic should be further up. Mine tucks nicely into the fold of the rubber gasket of the bronco at the font (Will try to get a pic later today).
We have taken our top down a stretch of interstate in the area with a speed limit of 85 with no issues. It is actually surprising how well it handled compared to a different brand top that we had used on our JK 4 door that would flap like crazy or the straps would start banging around.
The only issue I have had was from not letting the velcro cure overnight. I have put the soft top up and down a number of times and the frame on my soft top would catch the passenger side back end of the JTops. The velcro is strong enough that the weak point was the adhesive to the Bronco. It has been pushing over 100 in my area so after sitting this way a few days before noticing, the adhesive end of the velcro just would not stay stuck to the Bronco anymore. This is not a fault of the JTops shade, we have all seen issues with the soft top frame brushing against the roll bar and other alignment issues. Just me needing to be more careful when putting the top up.
With all of that said, a quick email to @JTopsUSA and new velcro is on the way to me so I can do it right.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ARETE

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wanted to give a shout out to @JTopsusand their team. I had inquired about having a custom shade made with my logo for my training facility on it, and was referred to Kait for the design work. Her customer service was on point!! So appreciated her assistance (and these guys are BUSY!!) I can't wait to get my shade, and get the roof off my rig! Thanks to Mike, Kait and the team!
Just wanted to give a shout out to @JTopsusand their team. I had inquired about having a custom shade made with my logo for my training facility on it, and was referred to Kait for the design work. Her customer service was on point!! So appreciated her assistance (and these guys are BUSY!!) I can't wait to get my shade, and get the roof off my rig! Thanks to Mike, Kait and the team!
@JTopsUSA

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If your logo is the same as your profile pic that should look good. For the amount of orders Kait is handling, she seemed awesome to work with. I originally inquired about doing a digital desert camo and she was all smiles about the idea. Only reason I didn't move in that direction was to get the top as soon as possible. I also had second thoughts about being stranded in Moab or Big Bend with a search helicopter looking for me and not spotting me because of my camo top. :) Crazy, I know.

ARETE

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If your logo is the same as your profile pic that should look good. For the amount of orders Kait is handling, she seemed awesome to work with. I originally inquired about doing a digital desert camo and she was all smiles about the idea. Only reason I didn't move in that direction was to get the top as soon as possible. I also had second thoughts about being stranded in Moab or Big Bend with a search helicopter looking for me and not spotting me because of my camo top. :) Crazy, I know.
To be stuck with the Camo top hiding ya would be Horrible. Lol. TY on the Logo. The Flag mixed in is an alternate one. I have that logo and one that my company name CEA(Competitive Edge Athletics)the letters form a person Deadlifting a Barbell. I'm really excited to get the shade. Is getting hot up in Northern Cali and the MGV seats to to lava..haha. I love them though.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yikes, looking from the other pics the hard plastic should be further up. Mine tucks nicely into the fold of the rubber gasket of the bronco at the font (Will try to get a pic later today).
I made an adjustment and got this. Not perfect, but not a complete flip up. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Overall I like it much better than a bungee shade.
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 59A9B803-94B3-4234-80C4-6AD720DAE4FC

Sponsored
OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made an adjustment and got this. Not perfect, but not a complete flip up. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Overall I like it much better than a bungee shade.
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 59A9B803-94B3-4234-80C4-6AD720DAE4FC
We will be working on this.
Yes the alternative is bungee with a 4 inch gap!
Mike

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 9C8408A5-3FD2-4A67-BA78-881A9C284473
We will be working on this.
Yes the alternative is bungee with a 4 inch gap!
Mike
Looked at it yesterday trying to come up with ideas… thought about attaching a neodymium magnet I have, that is about the size of a quarter, to the plastic lip. Positioning it so it sticks to the top of a bolt that’s located approximately where I have circled in the pic. But it’s right at a stitched seam so how to attach the magnet becomes tricky…

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know if you can return DIO's, if they haven't been installed? I ask because I ordered the mesh sunshade from Ford but I'd much rather have one of these.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 9C8408A5-3FD2-4A67-BA78-881A9C284473

Looked at it yesterday trying to come up with ideas… thought about attaching a neodymium magnet I have, that is about the size of a quarter, to the plastic lip. Positioning it so it sticks to the top of a bolt that’s located approximately where I have circled in the pic. But it’s right at a stitched seam so how to attach the magnet becomes tricky…
One thing. Cut the straps off the hooks.
We eliminated them on the soft top version. They are not necessary and will allow the magnets to sit lower.
Mike

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One thing. Cut the straps off the hooks.
We eliminated them on the soft top version. They are not necessary and will allow the magnets to sit lower.
Mike
I did. It was just a pic I used to illustrate where an additional magnet would go.

Sponsored

MOBroncoSTL

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 MX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is f'n hilarious. Now for something completely different (Monty Python). You wouldn't happen to have a white sample to put on that baby would you. Have that on order and would love to see the mock up, lol.
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 1655070811464

Last edited:

leby065

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX35
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone successfully installed the JTop over PPF or something similar? I have Tred Wear's Bronco bar skinz (https://tredwear.com/tire-kits/bronco-bar-skinz/) on mine currently, but am curious if the velcro will still stick to it?

Edit: did a dry fit. Looks like the added thickness of the skin might be an issue with the magnets. Will let the 3M cure for 24 hours and will report back for anyone curious

Last edited:
OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone successfully installed the JTop over PPF or something similar? I have Tred Wear's Bronco bar skinz (https://tredwear.com/tire-kits/bronco-bar-skinz/) on mine currently, but am curious if the velcro will still stick to it?

Edit: did a dry fit. Looks like the added thickness of the skin might be an issue with the magnets. Will let the 3M cure for 24 hours and will report back for anyone curious
We have one customer who installed over PPF. No issues so far and it’s been 2 months in the heat.
Also magnets are N48 grade, they are wicked powerful! Should not be an issue but would love to get feedback.
Mike

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is f'n hilarious. Now for something completely different (Monty Python). You wouldn't happen to have a white sample to put on that baby would you. Have that on order and would love to see the mock up, lol.
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 1655070811464
Love this. I have two I need to do this with. 💙

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score