Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got the Titanium top in. Looks stellar! Must have shipped out the day before they started including the adhesive promoter, but that's ok. I didn't notice any peeling up until a few days after install when I started pulling the top up to tighten it a bit from initial install. I was careful to hold down the front and carefully pull the top off. I also let the Velcro set up for 24 hours prior to install. But it's been 100° here in Texas and that metal gets hot.

Some best practices I recommend. First I dry fitted the top by laying it along the top before even sticking the Velcro. This let me see where the Velcro should stick on the bars. Since the soft top bracket must be reattached in the exact same spot, I took painters tape and a sharpie to make it easy to line up.
IMG_20220701_135047.jpg

As you can see the Velcro will stick closely to the brackets. I attached the 2 clips to the front then medium torqued the straps in the back until top was taught. Then alternated each side pulling and Velcroed each side about a foot at a time to keep each side even. Once done, I torqued the back straps a bit more. Put the soft top brackets back on. Let it sit in the garage a bit longer then took it out that evening.

Barely any shimmy to it and 0 noise. Even helped the AC hit better since the wind was cut down considerably. Today I undid the Velcro and torque the back straps a bit more (1/2 inch of strap probably) and it's as tight as it can be. 80 mph is a walk in the park for this top! Highly recommend.
IMG_20220701_143846.jpg
IMG_20220701_143917.jpg
IMG_20220701_144005.jpg
This is awesome !!! You did a great install. Yes the promotor was just added sorry it was not included.
Send me your contact info. [email protected]
May we use the pics?
Have a great holiday weekend and thanks for your comments! They made my day đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Mike
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My shade came with six pieces. I don’t see anything in the video about where the two smallest pieces go though. Roll bar perhaps? I already installed the medium and large pieces on the sides like the video shows.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installed the new magnets. Very pleased at this performance at 80+mph. 👍🏼
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 3C6D4B8D-2395-4134-83D1-6AA8401500E3

Reactions: Jdc

brian626

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche Boxster S, 2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The 2 small pieces go just behind the piece that’s over the back seat. So there are 3 pieces per side. Zoom in in some of the install pictures from this thread and you will see it.

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My shade came with six pieces. I don’t see anything in the video about where the two smallest pieces go though. Roll bar perhaps? I already installed the medium and large pieces on the sides like the video shows.
Those 2 small pcs go on the roll bar where it turns down. Match these up with the velcro on the top at the rear. It's a bit of a guessing game. There are no exact measurements where each piece should go....nor were there any instructions that 2 of the 4 pcs of alc. and adhesive helper were just that. Sure I had 1 of each leftover amd it's why I have a small area if velcro peeling up. I gave it 24 hr. Still, it's a major improvement over no top!

Sponsored
OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed the new magnets. Very pleased at this performance at 80+mph. 👍🏼
Ford Bronco JTopsUSA Introduces the Bronco Bimini Sun Shade! 3C6D4B8D-2395-4134-83D1-6AA8401500E3
Great! Glad they made a difference. All tops come with them now!
We are perplexed as to why it only happens to a few?
We will keep looking into it.
Thanks for the feedback.
Mike

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Additional magnets? For what?

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Additional magnets? For what?
The forward flap was bowing up and would sometimes flip back at highway speeds. The magnets help it stay down.

sapper726

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@JTopsUSA any update on the hard top shades? Ordered back in middle May and received a couple of updates in the following weeks but haven't heard anything in a month.

Just checking to see if there was any updated ETA is all, I know you and your team have been busting your butts to get these out and it is really appreciated.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JTopsUSA any update on the hard top shades? Ordered back in middle May and received a couple of updates in the following weeks but haven't heard anything in a month.

Just checking to see if there was any updated ETA is all, I know you and your team have been busting your butts to get these out and it is really appreciated.
This has been incredibly frustrating.
We are in the middle building the tops but have had a really tough time with getting zippers.
So it’s like a Bronco sitting waiting on computer chips.
We are using YKK #5 coil zippers and our supplier let us down. We need 1,000 of them and they missed their delivery date.
We have a new supplier that will be delivering them Friday.
We could have avoided this by using a cheaper zipper but it’s not the way we do things. So tops are made and waiting on the supply.
The sewing team will be completing them and start to ship next week. We have over 250 orders that will be sent out in the order they were received. Over the next three weeks we should be able to get them all shipped.
We know everyone is frustrated but we finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Mike

sapper726

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We are in the middle building the tops but have had a really tough time with getting zippers.
We are using YKK #5 coil zippers and our supplier let us down. We need 1,000 of them and they missed their delivery date.
We could have avoided this by using a cheaper zipper but it’s not the way we do things. So tops are made and waiting on the supply.
The sewing team will be completing them and start to ship next week. We have over 250 orders that will be sent out in the order they were received. Over the next three weeks we should be able to get them all shipped.
We know everyone is frustrated but we finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Mike
Thanks for the update Mike. I commend you on your transparency. Lots of companies could learn a thing or two from you.

OP
OP
JTopsUSA

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the update Mike. I commend you on your transparency. Lots of companies could learn a thing or two from you.
Thank you for understanding. We are so frustrated! We are also fighting Covid. I had it for the last 8 days and so did out some on the sewing team. We have faith we will get through it!
Mike

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow Mike, I have to say, I love how responsive you are on the forum. Totally uncommon in this day and age in my opinion!

Are you guys working on a 2 Door soft top (Bestop Trektop) version (or will the 2 door hard top version work with the Bestop Trektop 2 door)?

I have the Ford/Bestop version already installed and it's OK, but I dislike having to go to the rear of the Bronco, loosen the 4 straps that keep the tension on the cover, then go the front and unhook the two center hooks to fold it back enough to secure the soft top in the closed position and finally go back and tighten the 4 rear tension straps....

Erick2123

Badlands
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Acura TLX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mike
Appreciate the update is there any idea or expectation as to whom those 250 orders will go to. i know its been almost two months on my end and i really want to take my hard top off soon lol.
Sponsored