Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well sir, actually I now have 2 plan B's since Zach at Granger offered a 4% below invoice on his Jeeps. My first Plan B was to look at the new Nissan Frontier. But yesterday after the allocation announcement I was looking at a Grand Cherokee 4wd, and withs Zach's offer that is now my other plan B. The way I use my Wrangler, and with my limited off roading ability a Grand Cherokee would do all I need, and be smoother and better driving on the highway. So now I have to decide if I want to wait until '24 for my Bronco, which is at a very low precentage rate, or pick one of these plan B's.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would like to get my Bronco, but if I can't get one in a timely manner, I'm looking at a Gladiator, or maybe a Ram.

Last edited:

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I have to wait 3 more years for my camping vehicle, I might as well save up and get a Sportsmobile.😁

I really wish Dodge would bring the Ram500 to the states or bring back the Dakota. 😍

I am thinking about switching to a Jeep, but I am having a hard time talking myself into it.😕

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A different Ford. ;)

I'm a life-long Ford owner. Even with all of this nonsense I have zero desire to buy a non-Ford vehicle. Admittedly a lot of my "stickyness" to Ford is driven by my father's A-plan pricing (he's a retired Ford employee), which is very hard to beat in the current situation where vehicles are regularly selling above MSRP. But on a more practical level, I have worked on Fords all my life, I'm comfortable driving them, I'm comfortable working on them, and I have little reason to change.

So yeah... I'll probably just switch back to the Ford Ranger. That's what I intended to buy in 2020 anyway until the Bronco announcement changed my plans.

That said, my option B has always been Toyota. Either the 4Runner or Tacoma. Both are great vehicles... however... both are currently older generation vehicles and are looking kind of long in the teeth. So I would probably stick with my current vehicle as long as possible until one of those got a generational refresh.

Ambassador

Badlands
First Name
Standing_Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 2022 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking to order a Raptor WITH 5K ADM. 25K more than Bronco price.

Still thinking if it's worth the money!!!

Do you think Raptor worth it?

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought Ford stock years ago when they announced the return of the Bronco. I figured it would be a hit and I'd make a nice profit.

After I reserved my Bronco, I joked with the family (and Albert at Granger) that Ford would end up paying for my Bronco via their stock. It's about 90% there.....

How ironic is it that my Ford stock will most likely pay for "insert non-Ford vehicle name here" instead? :D

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to get my Bronco, but if I can't get one in a timely manner, I'm looking at a Gladiator, or maybe a Dodge ram.
It's Fiat Ram... They took the Dodge name off, Dodge doesn't make trucks anymore. Makes me sick, my grandpa drove a Dodge truck.

Reason 27 why I would never buy a Jeep...

Sponsored

Cmptn845

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot, 16 frontier, 10 maxima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am going to talk with my dealer next week. If I am still on the bubble for a MY 22 I will be looking elsewhere. The new frontier looks nice, so do the 4runners. Probably one of those two.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well I looked, and there is nothing. Have an older Wrangler, and took a new one for a test drive. Ride is terrible and the seating position is uncomfortable and cramped. Also the cargo space is just to small, the Bronco would barely work as it is. Nice for a weekend toy, but wouldn't want to daily drive one. One of the few vehicles you can buy at a discount now.

4runners, no dealers are willing to use their allocation to order me a 2022, and any decent trim in stock they want at least 5k in markups. And nothing is in stock except non premium SR5's anyway.

Tacoma, everything in stock is the crap no one wants, no discounts, transmission is still awful, and the backseats are useless even for children.

Telluride, 5k in markups on the FWD base models, $10k on the AWD EX and SX trims (which is what I'd want). Also I'd usually get an employee discount with kia/Hyundai but no dealers are honoring it, so that's an extra kick in the balls.

New Tundra, maybe, will have to see on pricing and such, but I'm sure lots of markups on that too.

F-150, can still get on A-plan, but still much more than I would usually pay without the regular incentives. Nothing in stock except the chromed out grandpa specials. Ford making a lot of options al a cart on the new ones has greatly complicated my ability to find one with what I want on it.

Chevy, worked for GM....so that's a hard pass. Unless it's a Corvette, buts that's not gonna happen.

Seriously considering just buying an old junker for $5k and driving it around until prices go back to somewhat normal.
Sponsored