Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My plan B was I ordered this a couple weeks ago. Ordered it through Granger so I'll still be able to take advantage of a great price and great people. By the time my Bronco comes in (2024) they'll be going EV and I'll have to start all over again! 😞

'22 Rubicon.JPG'22 Rubicon.JPG
I have the same one...Same color....It is just a 2018....You will love the 2.0 with etorque. That is a great deal too. I love mine. It is so much fun to drive.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same one...Same color....It is just a 2018....You will love the 2.0 with etorque. That is a great deal too. I love mine. It is so much fun to drive.
That's great to hear! I test drove both the 2.0 and the 3.6 and liked the lower end power of the 2.0. Not that the 3.6 was a bad but having a turbo now in my Ranger I'm use to it.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's great to hear! I test drove both the 2.0 and the 3.6 and liked the lower end power of the 2.0. Not that the 3.6 was a bad but having a turbo now in my Ranger I'm use to it.
I have a Ranger too and it is slow off the line. The jeep pulls so much harder with that combo. Agreed, you made the right choice.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Ranger too and it is slow off the line. The jeep pulls so much harder with that combo. Agreed, you made the right choice.
You should put a tune in your Ranger. It drastically helps low end and pulls hard mid-top end. I have the Livernois tune in mine and run the 91-93 short shift performance tune. It's like a rocket now. lol 🚀

Sponsored

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since Ford is struggling to figure out how to build and deliver Bronco's, some may not even have hope a of getting one before 2026.

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?
No Plan B. If my current car dies, I buy another throw-away car like I did the last time.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I jumped ship. 260hp/442ftlbs 22/24/28 mpg. Aggressively green. 7% under invoice and got it in 12 weeks.
1635537420449.png
"Aggressively green" is putting it mildly. I couldnt drive it daily but man I always love seeing those colors.

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Toyota Tundra Hybrid with 437 HP and 583 pound feet of Torque looks like a great option with the $7500 tax credit.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Toyota Tundra Hybrid with 437 HP and 583 pound feet of Torque looks like a great option with the $7500 tax credit.
The Tundra will not qualify, much like the F150 Powerboost does not, as they are not plug in hybrids. The new F150 Lightening and Hummer will qualify. As does the Jeep Wrangler 4XE.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2023 4Runner TRD Off-Road or Pro. Hope a hybrid or plug-in hybrid is available.
Completed service on my F150 which should serve me well until 2023.
Heard the 4Runner will be pushed to 2024.

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought a Maverick Hybrid Lariat. I had to have better wheels. I'm excited about it. But I've also kept my Bronco order. 3rd day res, about 100 on my dealers allocation list at the moment, 2 Dr Black Diamond.

NotGuilty

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Picked this up last Sat. 2021 Xtreme Recon Rubicon.
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 20211102_175243

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 20211102_175222

The 4.56 gearing is awesome for the Jeep. Plenty of power. But I too am waiting on Ford to design a hardtop that can withstand the elements outside of a 70 degree garage.

My Black Diamond SAS will arrive any day but I couldn't wait any longer. I ordered the Jeep back in August after the 3rd or 4th delay. The Jeep dealer was kind enough to wait a week before they would sell it to others wanting it. My Bronco has been the rail yard since last Monday night. Still not delivered. But the fact that my production photo is a Black Outerbanks Diamond does not give me any hope in their not being any other problems at PDI.
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? image.jpg;_filename_=UTF-8''image-2_152902053939223

I'll wait for 2024 when they update.

Last edited: