Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

ocnorBdroF1202

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think 501 days may have been enough wait for my Bronco...I'm gonna start looking at an end of year GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 fully loaded and just revisit the Bronco in a few years when they get the kinks worked out...
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My plan B was I ordered this a couple weeks ago. Ordered it through Granger so I'll still be able to take advantage of a great price and great people. By the time my Bronco comes in (2024) they'll be going EV and I'll have to start all over again! 😞

'22 Rubicon.JPG'22 Rubicon.JPG
This was a nice surprise email I just received from Granger Motors. Ordered on 10/25/21 and scheduled for delivery on 12/17/21. Now I'm not holding my breath from past experiences but Ford should take a lesson on orders and deliveries from Jeep. 😉

Exciting News: Your Wrangler is in D1 status and has an estimated SHIPPING date of 12/17/21!!

I want to take time now to make sure that we understand the upcoming process and get some essential information from you prior to taking delivery of your Wrangler.

After your Wrangler is built, it will go to a Distribution Center then to Transportation and then finally arrives at Granger Motors. This process normally takes 3-4 weeks from when it is built. You will get an email from me when your Wrangler arrives here in Granger.

Once your Wrangler arrives, we will get it over to our Jeep Certified Technicians for the final quality check and installation of any accessories. We will not be installing any dealership sticker or installing the front license plate bracket. Your Wrangler will then proceed to our Cleanup Department to clean your Wrangler.

wny pat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ; 2014 JK; 2020 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At this point, the Wrangler Rubicon for sure. They’re selling the 3.6 / 8 speed minus the e torque again for awhile because of the chip shortage. I personally think this powertrain (simpler 3.6 / ZF 8 speed) will go down along with the 4.0L manual as the best ever offered in a Wrangler. IMO there will be a lot of trouble free 250K+ mile Wranglers running around out there in 20 years with this “simple” powertrain.

Now when the the new 2023 4 Runner comes out, depending on how that’s set up, it might take the top spot.

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you heard anything firm that the 6th gen 4Runner will get the Tundra V-6?

The word over on the 4Runner forums is that the 6th gen 4Runner will only get a turbo-4 or a hybrid powertrain, not the Tundra V-6, if they are right.
I haven’t. I could see Toyota going to a turbo 4.

Sponsored

snakeyes

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco "Billy" Wildtrac, Sasquatch A10
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OK folks so heres the story I got from my dealer: I ordered my Bronco 02/12/2021 rolled over to 2022 they said the chances of me seeing my build this year were slim and to go ahead and buy something else, as my order probably won’t get built till early 2023. I did not cancel my order however I am buying a Jeep Grand Cherokee TrailHawk 5.7 sting ray gray pretty well loaded with 0% interest for 72 ... Done ...

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK folks so heres the story I got from my dealer: I ordered my Bronco 02/12/2021 rolled over to 2022 they said the chances of me seeing my build this year were slim and to go ahead and buy something else, as my order probably won’t get built till early 2023. I did not cancel my order however I am buying a Jeep Grand Cherokee TrailHawk 5.7 sting ray gray pretty well loaded with 0% interest for 72 ... Done ...
I considered the 22 trailhawk. It's still on my shortlist if the Bronco doesn't happen sometime soon

snakeyes

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco "Billy" Wildtrac, Sasquatch A10
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Okay - here is what I ordered build date 02/14 ...

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? ST

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on how it looks I think the redesigned 4Runner in either TRD Off-road or Pro trim. I also have access to a day 1 Cybertruck reservation and there is no part of me that would be surprised if it got here before my damn 7/14 Bronco.

I am so sick of Ford's bullshit that this Bronco will be my last Ford and that's if it ever shows up.

Sponsored

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The new WRX.

Gourik31

Badlands
First Name
Gourik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
JT and JL always an option but I cannot wait for the new 4runner. Hopefully some teasers come out.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My fall back is a 2023 Bronco three row!