Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since Ford is struggling to figure out how to build and deliver Bronco's, some may not even have hope a of getting one before 2026.

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?
Dunno. Might just say "eff it" and get a Tesla.
Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I currently have a 2020 Chevy ZR2 Bison set up to overland without trailer.

It has been trouble free and even with three wheeling trips to Colorado from Wisconsin, mileage is at ~13000.

My white Base 2.7 SAS 2dr is in production. I ordered this a while ago and am now having second thoughts. I would appreciate any input. Wonā€™t be able to take near the number of toys without a trailer with the bronco, but it will be a lot more capable for the few times Iā€™m able to go off road.

My thought is to keep both for two to three months and decide which suits me best.

D744210D-A1FA-4334-985F-AB230DFF5723.jpeg

72DC515B-DC06-480B-94FC-B6FBEA18DECF.jpeg

7FB7C6D4-7FD7-489C-854E-8BAF386E9B03.jpeg

964E44EF-CABD-4EDE-A64D-69412709E08D.jpeg
I think your first mistake was ordering a 2 door Bronco.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dunno. Might just say "eff it" and get a Tesla.
Teslaā€™s are high tech appliances šŸ¤£. I love their technology, just not a fan of their styling.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I currently have a 2020 Chevy ZR2 Bison set up to overland without trailer.

It has been trouble free and even with three wheeling trips to Colorado from Wisconsin, mileage is at ~13000.

My white Base 2.7 SAS 2dr is in production. I ordered this a while ago and am now having second thoughts. I would appreciate any input. Wonā€™t be able to take near the number of toys without a trailer with the bronco, but it will be a lot more capable for the few times Iā€™m able to go off road.

My thought is to keep both for two to three months and decide which suits me best.

D744210D-A1FA-4334-985F-AB230DFF5723.jpeg

72DC515B-DC06-480B-94FC-B6FBEA18DECF.jpeg

7FB7C6D4-7FD7-489C-854E-8BAF386E9B03.jpeg

964E44EF-CABD-4EDE-A64D-69412709E08D.jpeg
Nice truck, if it does what you want, why get rid of it, especially when the Bronco 2.7 engine is looking questionable? Drive it for another year or tow and reorder a Bronco once things are sorted out, if you even still want to at that point.

Sponsored

Climber

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@North7 agree with everything you have said. I like the day to day idea of open top, doors off. The Bronco decision, like many, was made a while ago. I had a ā€˜17 ZR2 and it was garbage. My experience is American cars often need a year or three of production to smooth out quality issues. I might add I have yet to drive a Bronco.

if I take delivery of my Bronco and donā€™t like it, I donā€™t think it will loose much value and Iā€™ll go with a new re-designed ā€˜23 ZR2 or, I hear of maybe a V8 Ranger Raptor? That should scratch the itch!

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thinking the 2023 Colorado ZR2 (bottom pic) will likely be here sooner, tow more, higher payload, and have less issues. The 2.7 in Bronco dropping valves has me concerned. I'm liking the Canyon At4X (top pic).
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 1642281848078

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 1642281330230

Last edited:

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Climber

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand ā€˜no Chevyā€™. This specific Colorado has been good, my first not so much. It has been exceptional off and on road. That said, the interior looks to be made of plastic Rubbermaid trash can. It has a key, in a near $50000 truck. I take my time off at off road destinations and like the jeep/bronco idea. Even better off road with some trade offs.

In the end Iā€™ll likely take delivery of the Bronco, let go of the Bison and if it doesnā€™t work out, there are many options. I think the Bronco will do well on the used market for a couple of years anyway.

Ivwouldnt be surprised if the Bronco exceeds expectations as well!

Sponsored

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m in no hurry but the longer the I wait the i find my enthusiasm waning. If I donā€™t have a Bronco by the time the 2023 Tacoma drops Iā€™ll probably go that route assuming they still offer it with a manual. Tires and wheels Iā€™ve already purchased for the Bronco will fit the Tacoma.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I executed plan C. New truck till I can get the Bronco.
I waited too long to trade in my ride for the "prefect" replacement. Not giving up on the Bronco, but now I have breathing room with reliability. Now that I have a new truck, I'm expecting an email next week... not really, just karma. I'm not sure I'm even in the 2022 allocation list as there have been WAY too few deliveries so far since launch.

I did shop other makes and models in a 500 mile range. Very few trucks available that fit my needs.

From what I found looking for a replacement, Fort Worth TX dealers are insane... They wanted to tack on several ADMs that would have been $5k+ for cheap items, like $900 for floor mats, $1400 for bed liner, $1000 for tinted windows, $3900 for extended warranty, etc. All mandatory. I told them no deal and kept looking.

I did get a great deal at my Bronco dealership after the original buyer bailed. Way better than I thought I would in this market - still no X-Plan tho... nobody takes X-plan these days (that I found).

Before:
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? IMG_3342(2).JPEG

After:
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? IMG_3343(2).JPEG

Inside:
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 66371200291__DEA7E2E1-0A49-42A8-BCD6-4F40AAC86AE9.JPEG

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked at gladiators in October before reordering for 22. Asked about below invoice to match my Bronco deal. Local dealer laughed. Called yesterday asking to make a deal to get my GC on their used lot. Told them they missed their chance for a trade. They can buy the GC outright.

BBBronco

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
No plan B I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. I placed order for 2 door hardtop Big Bend in September. Received confirmation email in November that I would be getting an early 2022 model. Then I found out for MY 22 you could order Sasquatch package and keep 7 speed manual. So I changed my order in early December to Base Sasquatch (to stay under self imposed budget). Got a call from my salesman yesterday that my order was picked up! Early April build, mid to late May delivery.
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 8434E6D5-6A95-4B63-BAE7-FAD2ED2ED0CB
Sponsored