Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m on the verge of picking up a 4Runner TRD Off Road. I want something to play on the trails this summer and seems that with no predictability with Ford on orders, constraints, etc…the Bronco may not be an option. Wranglers are cool, but I don’t seem to enjoy them as much as I like the idea of them…..
Sponsored

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since Ford is struggling to figure out how to build and deliver Bronco's, some may not even have hope a of getting one before 2026.

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?
2023 Toyota 4Runner. Although, probable 2024.

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Plan B is to drive my other Ford's until Plan A comes through. I'm in no hurry, it's a vehicle and I have 4 others I can drive in the meantime. I ordered a Bronco because I want a Bronco. I have waited 25 years for them to re-release the Bronco, so really what's a few more months or 6 months for that matter. If I bought something else I would always be dreaming about what the Bronco would be like.....

Sponsored

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GMC EV Hmmer whenever they come out. .But its more of a plan "D; .and more of if I dont get my replacement in 2023..

Climber

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got this about the time I put my $100 deposit in. It has been really good. I plan to keep both for two to three months and see what fits me best. The Colorado gets about 17mpg average with heavy footed driving. It did really well on Ouray, CO trails, expect the Bronco to be even better off road. I won’t be able to carry or tow nearly as much on the Bronco.

2D1D1B4A-A60B-4929-9CF0-51A6D01F9DCE.jpeg

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately.. I jumped. Actually my order is still active but the dealer turned my simple high package Velocity Blue Badlands to a Super Eruption Green Lux SAS. I felt some type of way about them pimping out my reservation I gave up.. put the order in 12/20.. Ford has it down as 3/21 when I changed from Outer Banks.

Anyway.. I went with the Jeep 4xe Rubicon (yes.. the hybrid plugin).. honestly I love it. Especially that $7,500 tax credit or in my case down-payment since I leased it. First Jeep so I wanted to lease it for a little before I commit or if I run back to a Bronco.... because my 2nd dealer in Maryland had a Area 51 Baddy.. 4cyl with mid package...46k.. they trying to get me but it's not stacked like my Jeep... so I'll stay put............ I think 🤔

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 20220103_120542

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 20211106_163805

Last edited:

ajlangley79

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mustang GT, 21 Audi S5, 20 Hyundia Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plan B is to drive my other Ford's until Plan A comes through. I'm in no hurry, it's a vehicle and I have 4 others I can drive in the meantime. I ordered a Bronco because I want a Bronco. I have waited 25 years for them to re-release the Bronco, so really what's a few more months or 6 months for that matter. If I bought something else I would always be dreaming about what the Bronco would be like.....

...... That's where I am. I bought something else but I'm still on this page and still Bronco hunting at times.... smh..

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Since Ford is struggling to figure out how to build and deliver Bronco's, some may not even have hope a of getting one before 2026.

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?
not only broncos, been waiting forever for my f-450! Ordered it in August shorty before the mass cancellations of first editions broncos.

Sponsored

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll face a lot of derision in this forum for posting this, I'm sure, but that's ok. While I never really had a plan B, C or any other (I'd remained committed to my Bronco order since reserving on 30 August 2020), I'm considering trading in my '14 Subie Forester XT for a '22 Forester Wilderness and cancelling my Bronco order altogether.

Last edited:

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I'm considering trading in my '14 Subie Forester XT for a '22 Forester Wilderness and cancelling my Bronco order altogether.
... that is embarrassing,

and humiliating,

but mostly embarrassing.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately.. I jumped. Actually my order is still active but the dealer turned my simple high package Velocity Blue Badlands to a Super Evergreen Lux SAS. I felt some type of way about them pimping out my reservation I gave up.. put the order in 12/20.. Ford has it down as 3/21 when I changed from Outer Banks.

Anyway.. I went with the Jeep 4xe Rubicon (yes.. the hybrid plugin).. honestly I love it. Especially that $7,500 tax credit or in my case down-payment since I leased it. First Jeep so I wanted to lease it for a little before I commit or if I run back to a Bronco.... because my 2nd dealer in Maryland had a Area 51 Baddy.. 4cyl with mid package...46k.. they trying to get me but it's not stacked like my Jeep... so I'll stay put............ I think 🤔

20220103_120542.jpg

20211106_163805.jpg
You should tell the dealer you are still interested and may even have a buyer for the BRONCO at the very least you get a rise out of him or maybe you really can find a buyer and get a markup. Over sticker more likely with a well appointed BRONCO. Good luck hate hearing these stories.

BTW - NICE LOOKING JEEP!

MuddyMO

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'll face a lot of derision in this forum for posting this, I'm sure, but that's ok. While I never really had a plan B, C or any other (I'd remained committed to my Bronco order since reserving on 30 August 2020), I'm considering trading in my '14 Subie Forester XT for a '22 Forester Wilderness and cancelling my Bronco order altogether.
images (1).jpeg