Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I traded in a 2021 Grand Cherokee Overland trim. I loved it. The UConnect system is the best I have ever used, it’s quick and not buggie at all. My Bronco Sync system is very buggie. I never know what’s going to work on it every time I start it up something is wrong with it.
I've owned a Wrangler JL for a bit over three years, and that danged UConnect 4 lady still can't understand my southern accent. I guess she's just to hard headed to learn. I hope they hired someone else for the UConnect 5. :)
Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've owned a Wrangler JL for a bit over three years, and that danged UConnect 4 lady still can't understand my southern accent. I guess she's just to hard headed to learn. I hope they hired someone else for the UConnect 5. :)
One of the vehicles I owned in the last few years had voice training, that helped a lot. I just don't remember if it was uconnect.

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, I still haven’t cancelled my Bronco order yet (it’ll be 2 years on 10/1), but sure am enjoying this newly acquired rig so far. Someone might be moving up in line over at Granger…
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 1663285879995

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haha, love that Cayenne. I hear they are very capable off-road.

I ended up getting a used Xterra Pro-4x while waiting. It comes with IFS, ~270HP, skidplates, e-locker in the rear and almost 33's from the factory.

Downside is that it is a 1 on the cool scale while Bronco is a 10 but I'm in my 50's so I'm past cool anyway.

It has exceeded my expectations. I'm actually kicking myself.. why did I ignore these all those years? I should have had one..

Since it looks like I won't get a Bronco in '23 and price protection expires after that probably going to bail on the Bronco for now.

So another move up in line for anyone post #350 at Granger.

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not plan B and was not plan A either. Went from deposit on a 1794 TRD Tundra allocation that went nowhere from Jan-May, to a deposit on a GMC AT4 dealer stock order from May-Sep that was built without the sunroof due to parts constraints to getting this the same day it arrived on the lot. Original order holder backed out at the last minute. I looked into F-150/F-250 Tremors/Raptor but was not willing to pay a cent over sticker, not to mention 20-30K over or waiting indefinitely for another Ford.

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 20220918_104227

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not plan B and was not plan A either. Went from deposit on a 1794 TRD Tundra allocation that went nowhere from Jan-May, to a deposit on a GMC AT4 dealer stock order from May-Sep that was built without the sunroof due to parts constraints to getting this the same day it arrived on the lot. Original order holder backed out at the last minute. I looked into F-150/F-250 Tremors/Raptor but was not willing to pay a cent over sticker, not to mention 20-30K over or waiting indefinitely for another Ford.
How’s the trail boss? This is my plan b

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 20220918_104227

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How’s the trail boss? This is my plan b
Great so far. It's a ZR2, not a Trail Boss. I was going to go with a BDS lift and 35s on the GMC AT4, but I'm not messing with the suspension on this truck - at least for a long time. The Multimatic shocks are amazing. I was pleasantly surprised with the ride. No regrets.

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since Ford is struggling to figure out how to build and deliver Bronco's, some may not even have hope a of getting one before 2026.

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?

I have a VIN but if financing falls though, I will get totally out of the off-road style market and god forbid head to a Kia Soul. My daughter had one and to be hones, it isn't what I want but what I would need.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Haha, love that Cayenne. I hear they are very capable off-road.

I ended up getting a used Xterra Pro-4x while waiting. It comes with IFS, ~270HP, skidplates, e-locker in the rear and almost 33's from the factory.

Downside is that it is a 1 on the cool scale while Bronco is a 10 but I'm in my 50's so I'm past cool anyway.

It has exceeded my expectations. I'm actually kicking myself.. why did I ignore these all those years? I should have had one..

Since it looks like I won't get a Bronco in '23 and price protection expires after that probably going to bail on the Bronco for now.

So another move up in line for anyone post #350 at Granger.
X-Terras are plenty cool to anyone who knows anything worth knowing

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting ready to custom order a CT5 w/onyx package and save at least $10k from an ordered Bronco or might splurge a bit and get a CT5-V instead for what the ordered Bronco would have cost. Awesome, if it would be delivered in 3 months instead of this looney tunes show of waiting over a year without a peep.

Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Getting ready to custom order a CT5 w/onyx package and save at least $10k from an ordered Bronco or might splurge a bit and get a CT5-V instead for what the ordered Bronco would have cost. Awesome, if it would be delivered in 3 months instead of this looney tunes show of waiting over a year without a peep.
Beware. GM let my 5BW sit in a lot in Lansing for 5.5 months before shipping it. The grass is not necessarily greener.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With my luck, I’m sure I’ll get screwed as well by GM. Had a Mach E order as a backup since December which will get delivered in the next couple weeks but they won’t let it go without $5k over MSRP. I told them I’ll pass on it.

Beware. GM let my 5BW sit in a lot in Lansing for 5.5 months before shipping it. The grass is not necessarily greener.

OverDavidLand

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not jumping ship, I just got on it.

Although, reading this thread I think I am the one of bad guys in the stories of why you are jumping ship.

I grabbed mine from the dealer lot. I was told, "the guy just never showed up for his order." It never occurred to me that it could have been someone who didn't show up because the dealer added "market adjustment."

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

X-Terras are plenty cool to anyone who knows anything worth knowing
I am glad I am in the "knowing" group now, I'm a big fan.

Bonus is since its used and cheap I have zero issues with scratches, dog hair and leaving it muddy. Actually looks better muddy.

The "stinky wet stuff" box on the roof is super handy too use it all the time.

The stock Rockford Fosgate stereo with sub-woofer is even pretty decent. Decent enough for me and my 80's music anyway.
Sponsored