Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m a MOD Top 2 door Bronco reservation (7/21) so I was already bumped to MY23. Spoke with my small dealer and based on the “new math”, number of reservations there, and number of MY21 Broncos they received I’m now a MY24 Bronco.

Luckily I realized how ugly this was going to be when the MIC 1.0 fiasco and new MOD Top producer info came out.

So I ordered a JEEP JLU Willys to hold me over (6 weeks exactly for sold customer order). I went wheeling with my daughter today. I refuse to miss out on that type of fun due to Ford’s constantly moving goal posts.

Who knew the best JEEP advertising would be Ford’s Bronco rollout.

Still hanging in there for a MY24 Bronco but not giving up the memories.
3EC77AA8-563A-4DCD-A9F6-DC4388E987ED.jpeg

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I bought Ford stock years ago when they announced the return of the Bronco. I figured it would be a hit and I'd make a nice profit.

After I reserved my Bronco, I joked with the family (and Albert at Granger) that Ford would end up paying for my Bronco via their stock. It's about 90% there.....

How ironic is it that my Ford stock will most likely pay for "insert non-Ford vehicle name here" instead? :D
Nothing magical about Ford stock, compare it to the long term performance of a simple S&P 500 fund.

918% vs 97% over 30 years, you can see which one is the wrong choice.
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? Screenshot_20211009-170245_Chrome

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did I miss? Why are we planning for delayed delivery again? I can't keep up.

My hypothetical number two would be a 2 door Wrangler Rubicon on 35s and I'd use the savings to throw a solid coil over on it.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I currently drive a Gladiator. Which was supposed to hold me over until I ordered and received a Bronco. Well doubt that will be anytime in the next few years or more. But after driving a soft top demo I got soft top fever. My Gladiator is a hard top and even if I were to find a soft top at a decent price, I have nowhere to store my hard top. Seriously considering ordering a 2022 Willys Wrangler soft top with the Xtreme Recon package.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say a F-150 Raptor but those allocations have been tough to come by too it seems.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I ordered a 22 Jeep Rubicon 392.
I figured it's no small thing to get a V8 in a new Wrangler while I can...especially in crap CA.
No doubt it's expensive, but at least there is some tangible value to it because it won't be long until it's gone and no longer offered.

North7-what are you fixing to get at this point?

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ranger Tremor
It's a hell of a truck. I'm selling one now to make room for the Bronco.

If you can find one at MSRP, you'll love it. I recommend the Lariat package so you at least get the infotainment.

It's a solid off road vehicle. Think of it as an under powered Raptor more than a rock crawler.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a TRX but due to it's limited towing ability, may go with a 2500 Laramie.

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ill keep driving my Honda element. Almost 197,000 miles and still running smooth. I just cant take it where I want to. If nothing happens by December, its probably a Tundra.
Sponsored