Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

They must be quite good based on the glowing words I constantly see.

Man. Ford... What the hell.
They are beyond good. In person they are great. I made arrangements to drive the demo’s in August. Didn’t have to do anything or show anything. They just drove it up to the door and said, take it out and enjoy. Drove both the Wildtrack and modified Big Bend. Afterwards, had a great conversation with both Ben and Jay. They couldn’t believe I’d drive 300 mile to test drive. Just really good people. The discount is just bonus. They gained a customer for life.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Plan B? Something from Granger, just not sure yet what or when. Wrangler or Bronco Sport?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drive a Gladiator Overland now which I was going to trade for the bronco. Now I’m considering trading it for a Gladiator Mojave. Then see if Ford has its shit together in a couple of years. But since I’ve never owned a Ford, it won’t pain me to continue to not own one. There are reasons I’ve never owned one and the dealers behavior is the major one.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Are you joking about 2026 or no? But anyway my options are
1. F-150 Tremor 401A (leveled lol)
2. F-150 Powerboost (modded for off reading/overlanding)
3. 2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
4. 2022 Tundra TRD Pro (last bc I don’t think I can secure an under invoice deal like I have with the ford trucks.
From Granger:
1 - It makes no difference to me. Based upon our current estimate of allocation looks like it may be up to 5 years.
2 - It has been mentioned through 2023. I'm not sure where that came from, but I believe that to be accurate for those who are waiting for a Modular painted top.
3 - It is hard to say. 2022 with our best case scenario based upon our current estimate is 7-15. 2023 if we receive the same amount will be 8/27.
2024 would get us through 10/20.
2025 would get us through our October 31st.
2026 would get us through our remaining allocation.

*The Allocation formula is subject to change (hopefully, to our benefit at some point).

Sponsored

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some flavor of Rubicon Extreme Recon. If anyone knows of a dealer offering deals on the 392 please let me know :).

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From Granger:
Ford can’t go out like this….. they are my favorite car make but man I have totally given up on this launch. It can’t go any worse than this.

chipstar

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I test drove a Rubicon, hated it. Then test drove a Defender, and brought it home for good. It's been awesome!

I do miss not having a removable top, but it has an enormous sunroof so....close enough!

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have no clue who Granger is as I had already ordered long before joining the forum. I thought they were a big dealership. Sad to see it work out this way yet again for early reservation holders.

Is Ford mad at Granger for scalping sales or something?
I'm with Chapman who also has a ton of orders. Seems it was posted that the Regional Managers had no problem with them collecting all the orders so why the change of heart now? I guess they must figure doesn't mater if they screw over a couple thousand people because there are thousands more clamoring to take their place. Hope it comes back to bite them in the ass and hard.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m a MOD Top 2 door Bronco reservation (7/21) so I was already bumped to MY23. Spoke with my small dealer and based on the “new math”, number of reservations there, and number of MY21 Broncos they received I’m now a MY24 Bronco.

Luckily I realized how ugly this was going to be when the MIC 1.0 fiasco and new MOD Top producer info came out.

So I ordered a JEEP JLU Willys to hold me over (6 weeks exactly for sold customer order). I went wheeling with my daughter today. I refuse to miss out on that type of fun due to Ford’s constantly moving goal posts.

Who knew the best JEEP advertising would be Ford’s Bronco rollout.

Still hanging in there for a MY24 Bronco but not giving up the memories.
3EC77AA8-563A-4DCD-A9F6-DC4388E987ED.jpeg
Congrats on the JL Tim. We have really enjoyed ours. The thing that puzzles me is, if Jeep can get an order out in 6 weeks why in the hell can't Ford do the same? Just makes me wonder.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
So yeah... I'll probably just switch back to the Ford Ranger. That's what I intended to buy in 2020 anyway until the Bronco announcement changed my plans.
if I didn't have one waiting to be freed from DM, I'd most likely go get a Ranger Tremor to hold me over
Ranger Tremor
Just a FYI to everyone thinking about a Ranger, the next gen should be coming out next year as a 2023 model. I know it's a wait, but judging from the test mule photos it's going to be a much better looking truck.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just a FYI to everyone thinking about a Ranger, the next gen should be coming out next year as a 2023 model. I know it's a wait, but judging from the test mule photos it's going to be a much better looking truck.
Oh joy, another Ford launch, can't wait. :rolleyes:
Sponsored