Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing magical about Ford stock, compare it to the long term performance of a simple S&P 500 fund.

918% vs 97% over 30 years, you can see which one is the wrong choice.
I never claimed having F was magical or even a wise investment. After my initial purchase, it went down. So I bought more to reduce my cost basis. I think I did that 2 more times.....but I do think it would have made a nice little story of how F bought me my Bronco..."Did I ever tell you the time Ford bought me a Bronco?"
Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with Chapman who also has a ton of orders. Seems it was posted that the Regional Managers had no problem with them collecting all the orders so why the change of heart now? I guess they must figure doesn't mater if they screw over a couple thousand people because there are thousands more clamoring to take their place. Hope it comes back to bite them in the ass and hard.
I bought my Tremor through a Chapman Ford. Wonder if it's related.. excellent dealership.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Chapman on here is in Horsham PA. The family has other dealerships in PA but I don't think in AZ. Could be wrong though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I never claimed having F was magical or even a wise investment. After my initial purchase, it went down. So I bought more to reduce my cost basis. I think I did that 2 more times.....but I do think it would have made a nice little story of how F bought me my Bronco..."Did I ever tell you the time Ford bought me a Bronco?"
You're right, nice story, but had you invested in VTI (broad market index) 5 years ago, you could have bought four Bronco's.

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? Screenshot_20211009-184337_Chrome

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably a
1)2013-2016 BMW 535 for daily driving

and

2) 93-96 Ford Bronco to modify for rock crawling (I was already looking to purchase an older Bronco prior to the return announcement. I just wasn't in the right time frame as I was moving and trying to buy a house)

Or

3)Rock buggy

Stojanowski

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am thinking to order a Raptor WITH 5K ADM. 25K more than Bronco price.

Still thinking if it's worth the money!!!

Do you think Raptor worth it?
Which raptor? I picked up my 21 and love it. Came out of a power wagon and waited months but my dealer had 2 allocations and gave me one for MSRP.

That being said I told them we would trade our Wildtrak for the bronco raptor if they give us msrp

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're right, nice story, but had you invested in VTI (broad market index) 5 years ago, you could have bought four Bronco's.
Being an early August reservation at Granger, for a 2-dr none-the-less, I have plenty of time to move my investment to something else that is way better :LOL:

Seriously though, F is such a tiny portion of my portfolio and I've only held on to it for the story.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since Ford is struggling to figure out how to build and deliver Bronco's, some may not even have hope a of getting one before 2026.

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?
6th gen 4Runner.

If the recently revealed Tundra is any indication, Toyota addressed all the things that were keeping me from considering the current gen 4Runner.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since Ford is struggling to figure out how to build and deliver Bronco's, some may not even have hope a of getting one before 2026.

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?
Took the daughter by the lot today and confirmed I could take delivery on a Defender order by Jan of next year and found some decent CPO options too. I love the comfort and specialness/ quirkiness they bring, and they have some very cool customizability and options. Would be less fun without removable doors and roof though, and frankly less fun on anything other than mild off-road trails given the stress of potentially breaking it.

Then I saw this. Such a savagely bad rating: https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2021-us-vehicle-dependability-study-vds

Would love a Bronco Raptor, but that really feels like doubling down on a terrible bet at this point timeline wise, and I really can’t justify paying ADM for something that isn’t limited production.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6th gen 4Runner.

If the recently revealed Tundra is any indication, Toyota addressed all the things that were keeping me from considering the current gen 4Runner.
The new Tundra is god awful ugly no matter how good of a truck it may be. Hopefully they don't give the 4Runner the same face.

williamshafer

Black Diamond
First Name
William Shafer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bought my plan B before I ordered. Just saving my down payment now so the longer the wait the less I finance...I hope. How are some of you estimating a MY'23 or later? Anybody know the daily rate of production?
Sponsored