Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a build and price again on a Gladiator and a Wrangler after Granger's post this morning. The Colorado ZR2 was also on my list before the Bronco was officially announced. The Ranger Raptor could come into play as well depending on its timing versus my options on the Bronco.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im at DM, so hopefully the end is in sight - and theres nothing else I want right now anyway. But if the redesigned 4Runner was already out, I might've bailed already. Assuming it doesnt suck.

mike1719

Black Diamond
First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does any one know of any vehicle coming out in the future that the doors and roof are removable.
We have a wrangler and like everyone else waiting on the bronco .
It will be first ford purchase and by the sounds of it we should start looking for a plan B. But the wife wants door and roof removal.
Thanks

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Plan B. Ford Ranger tremor. Plan C. Tacoma. Plan D used 1994 land cruiser or a used sequoia I guess.

Sponsored

Greylyn

Black Diamond
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I exercised my Plan B the weekend after Ford indicated that I wouldn't get my Wildtrak which was ordered in July 2020. I went to look at a Toyota 4Runner - and ended up ordering 2021 Off Road Premium. It has a thousand+ miles on it now - looks great, drives great, and - if I really want a Bronco - I can buy one if Ford can ever produce them - and after the 'new vehicle' syndrome has been resolved. I've wanted a Bronco since the 1970's - but won't take the ineptness demonstrated by Ford. It's one way to pissoff a potential customer who decided he could not wait and wait and wait and wait - with absolutely no competence demonstrated by Ford. Whoever gets my Rapid Red Wildtrak - enjoy the hel l out of it!

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m a MOD Top 2 door Bronco reservation (7/21) so I was already bumped to MY23. Spoke with my small dealer and based on the “new math”, number of reservations there, and number of MY21 Broncos they received I’m now a MY24 Bronco.

Luckily I realized how ugly this was going to be when the MIC 1.0 fiasco and new MOD Top producer info came out.

So I ordered a JEEP JLU Willys to hold me over (6 weeks exactly for sold customer order). I went wheeling with my daughter today. I refuse to miss out on that type of fun due to Ford’s constantly moving goal posts.

Who knew the best JEEP advertising would be Ford’s Bronco rollout.

Still hanging in there for a MY24 Bronco but not giving up the memories.
3EC77AA8-563A-4DCD-A9F6-DC4388E987ED.jpeg
I did the same thing…. Went out and test drove a rubicon last New Year’s Day, had my custom ordered rubicon in my drive way in March 2021, all thanks to the ford bronco launch failure lol

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My plan B (and if something happens to my JLUR) is a new grand Cherokee trail hawk with the hemi

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stickshift Gladiator Mojave. It may even check more boxes for me than the Bronco does anyways. I test drove a standard Rubicon the other day and it was a little underwhelming but admittedly so were the Broncos I test drove. No vehicle is perfect.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since Ford is struggling to figure out how to build and deliver Bronco's, some may not even have hope a of getting one before 2026.

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?
My Plan B, if I decide to go that route will probably be a 4Runner. I’ve owned several Wranglers and never satisfied with them. I miss the TRD Off-Road 4Runner I had. With the new one coming out, I may have to adjust my sight picture.

I will more likely than likely NOT replace my current F-150 with another. I’ve always owned a F-150 since 2000. I do believe that based on Ford’s actions and stance on how reservations are being trumped by the new allocation formula, IF I get a Bronco, it will be my last Ford. I will probably push to a different manufacturer for my next pickup truck to replace my F150.

Sponsored

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After being a Ford truck guy for 30 years, I have a very sour taste in my mouth right now after this week's allocation news. I'm starting over on my search and exploring everything 4wd but Fords including Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator and GMC trucks with that awesome 3.0 liter diesel. I've rented several Jeeps in the last year and they're a lot of fun and my wife was very supportive of moving that direction instead of dealing with this situation. I do want to say how much I admire previously active members like Sarge that left the drama behind and moved on from the Bronco dream for the time being.

Last edited:

CahillBillies

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just ordered a new wrangler rubicon with the xtreme recon package, test drive one and honestly it’s pretty good. Drove really well , much better than my 2018 jl sport. I’m tired of this bronco show. Was/ am waiting on a 2 door badlands, we’ll see. I was planning on it as a 3rd car, might just stick with 2 and just enjoy the new Jeep instead. Someday I’ll get a bronco

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish there was a plan b.

After the new airbag issue this week, I said eff it and went back.. Actually reached out to a top shop about whey an fj cruiser could be made soft top. No.

Jeeps? What a joke. To get something even remotely comparable to my black diamond, 6,000 more dollars. And then you don't get actual front windows oh, you get some weird soft window thing. And it's still a jeep. Totally unacceptable.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I get told Im not getting one til 2023, keep my Veloster N, restore my 1970 Bronco, and buy this.
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 2022-lotus-emira-112
Sponsored