Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
plan B is not an SUV or truck. I really just want a Bronco 2 door Mansquatch. If I can’t get one, would probably end up in new Z, used Mustang GT PP2 or GT350, M4, M2 or something similar. I’ve wanted a GTR since 2009 but the prices have just skyrocketed.
Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy crypto instead of a another new car and the money you make off increase of Bitcoin and alt coins will be enough for sizable down payment on when Broncos are more common. I’m not a financial advisor. :)

Pat

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2019 Triumph Speed Triple
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We'll see how the switch to 2022 goes. My '22 order won't be 99ed. If I don't have a build date by the end of January, I'll either go back to Jeep for a JLU or switch type alltogether for a Tacoma.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm glad I jumped ship after seeing how things have been going (or not). Still love the Bronco but I've been happily driving my Defender for the past month and not feeling annoyed / angry about not getting my Bronco. Really enjoying the new ride, so far.

In the end, I finally got a December 6th week build date for my Badlands (was supposed to be 99'd, but no big deal), and I'm sort of glad I won't end up with that... getting a '21 model in October is one thing, but getting it in late December or early January would not have been great.

Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Subaru WRX or keep my Jeep until the road salt reclaims it back to earth. I never planned on making any moves until spring 22' anyways so we'll see how the Bronco situation is in a handful of months.

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Different scenario here.
Don't have a reservation as I've been waiting on the sidelines for things to settle down and availability of a Bronco with a configuration more to my tastes.
Also don't _need_ a new vehicle but want one as a fun/second vehicle.

Am retired and have the money saved up for a Bronco and would buy one today if it was available. Drove Ford pickups as my daily driver for 30 years, took a few years away to try the sports car thing but had to sell that due to back problems - looking for the rugged utility again.

My plan B is to hold on to one of my two Honda Accords that might last me another 15+ years and see how life and cars changes over time.

[Omitting long rambling rant about disgust and frustration over this marketing. Seems the vehicle configuration and the sales process changes weekly. I can't keep up. Am beginning to worry about it being unhealthy that I'm spending so much time searching for good news on this forum.]

rak2

Mountain Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I was tired of waiting with no answers as to how long for my Bronco. So I called my local Toyota dealership about a 2021 TRD Offroad Tacoma . It had an access cab and was in army green under $39000. Sadly it was just sold. So I told them to find me another one. Now there are no access cabs in the off road package anywhere. I cant win.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thankfully I got a vin and build date for nov22 but my plan b would probably be the new tundra Trd pro

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After being a Ford truck guy for 30 years, I have a very sour taste in my mouth right now after this week's allocation news. I'm starting over on my search and exploring everything 4wd but Fords including Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator and GMC trucks with that awesome 3.0 liter diesel. I've rented several Jeeps in the last year and they're a lot of fun and my wife was very supportive of moving that direction instead of dealing with this situation. I do want to say how much I admire previously active members like Sarge that left the drama behind and moved on from the Bronco dream for the time being.
I bought a Gladiator and LOVE IT!

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's Fiat Ram... They took the Dodge name off, Dodge doesn't make trucks anymore. Makes me sick, my grandpa drove a Dodge truck.

Reason 27 why I would never buy a Jeep...
It is not Fiat RAM, simply RAM is the brand. I believe they did this for EPA mpg reasons. As a separate brand with no cars, only trucks, they get a break and their poor mileage numbers do not adversely affect the rest of the FCDJ (R) corporate numbers

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Different scenario here.
Don't have a reservation as I've been waiting on the sidelines for things to settle down and availability of a Bronco with a configuration more to my tastes.
Also don't _need_ a new vehicle but want one as a fun/second vehicle.

Am retired and have the money saved up for a Bronco and would buy one today if it was available. Drove Ford pickups as my daily driver for 30 years, took a few years away to try the sports car thing but had to sell that due to back problems - looking for the rugged utility again.

My plan B is to hold on to one of my two Honda Accords that might last me another 15+ years and see how life and cars changes over time.

[Omitting long rambling rant about disgust and frustration over this marketing. Seems the vehicle configuration and the sales process changes weekly. I can't keep up. Am beginning to worry about it being unhealthy that I'm spending so much time searching for good news on this forum.]

rak2
Your configuration desire might already be built and available at MSRP. Just start looking on cargurus, select nationwide and your trim, color. You might be surprised

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your configuration desire might already be built and available at MSRP. Just start looking on cargurus, select nationwide and your trim, color. You might be surprised
Another thought, find a mannequin you like, plunk down a substantial future purchase deposit and in 6 months or 7000 miles it can be yours. Possibly a much shorter wait than ordering a 22 on the 13th

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another thought, find a mannequin you like, plunk down a substantial future purchase deposit and in 6 months or 7000 miles it can be yours. Possibly a much shorter wait than ordering a 22 on the 13th
I’ve been told that Ford put restrictions onto dealerships as to how mannequins can be sold. It can only be sold to someone who has a reservation with that dealership and prior to 19 March. Any dealer or salesman, please step in an tell us the rules for the sale of a mannequin as like anything else of “My dealer said” 🤣 🤪
Sponsored