Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I get told Im not getting one til 2023, keep my Veloster N, restore my 1970 Bronco, and buy this.
2022-lotus-emira-112.jpg
What is this?
Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would probably keep waiting for it and get something while I wait. Either a family SUV for the wife and I'll drive her Model Y, or go try the Audi Q8.

Or 2 Door Defender. They look really cool.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I jumped ship a while ago…my Rubicon 392XR will be here in about a month. Being built now. Girlfriend has a Bronco on order so I check in from time to time to see how things are going build wise

LatinoComedian

Badlands
First Name
Adolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge, 2021 Mustang Mach-e First Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought Ford stock years ago when they announced the return of the Bronco. I figured it would be a hit and I'd make a nice profit.

After I reserved my Bronco, I joked with the family (and Albert at Granger) that Ford would end up paying for my Bronco via their stock. It's about 90% there.....

How ironic is it that my Ford stock will most likely pay for "insert non-Ford vehicle name here" instead? :D
Did you apply for the X-Plan discount? If you own over 100 shares for more than 6 months, you qualify. Now, will Ford allow X-Plan for a new Bronco? That's a different story, but it's worth having.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am struggling to find anything else that calls to me If for some reason the Bronco just doesn’t make sense to wait for.

The first 2 vehicles that hit a lot of what I was looking for were:
* Dodge Durango R/T (Destroyer Gray w/ Blacktop).
* Kia Telluride (Wolfgray Nightfall Sx)… Engine performance saddens me with the Telly. We have A Stinger GT with the TT 3.3 and I wish that was an option. I found a dealer that will order me one at MSRP too but the N/A V6 is so uninspiring.

The Jeep Wrangler is what lead me to the Bronco, however there are too many things I don’t like about the Wrangler that make it not a reasonable contender. Mainly, rear passenger side curtain airbags.. Engine choices are boring too.

Ultimately, nothing hits the marks like the Bronco does (namely fun factor, attraction, engine, safety features). I foresee me driving me much disliked van for awhile, until my Bronco can be built, lol.

Sponsored

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Your configuration desire might already be built and available at MSRP. Just start looking on cargurus, select nationwide and your trim, color. You might be surprised
Thanks for the suggestions JohnnyBronco - though in my case I'm holding out for a painted or metal roof. Also hoping for more flexibility in feature combinations , like being able to get 33" tires on a Black Diamond etc.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s pretty unrealistic but if I had my real 1st plan B would be an Ineos Grenadier. I would probably have a Bronco by then though

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco Off-Roadeo sold me for good on an off roader but my 7/14/2020 reservation that may not arrive until after Spring/Summer 2022 lost me.
A Granger Jeep Rubicon is in my future thanks to the great sales tool of the Bronco Off-Roadeo and Fords inability to build Broncos. :LOL:

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since Ford is struggling to figure out how to build and deliver Bronco's, some may not even have hope a of getting one before 2026.

Well life moves on, what are you looking to purchase instead of a Ford?
I put $ down on a Defender 90. Build date January and delivery March. All sounds too good to be true so I expect delays.

I still have my 7/14 reservations (2). The one that's mine I'll decide what to do based on where the D90 is.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably a Silverado Trail Boss 6.2L

Sponsored

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I should add that the Bronco has helped me fall in love with having a soft top for the first time in my life. And nothing else will do. So that's why I don't have any Plan B options because there just aren't any soft tops out there. At least in a vehicle that's for off-roading hunting and all that sort of stuff.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up Plan B on Tuesday. I know a lot of people on here won't like it but so far I am really happy with the decision.

IMG_7910.jpg
Awesome but Toyota should make these with removable tops and manual transmissions again. I wouldn’t even care about a Bronco if they did!
Sponsored