Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Plan B's were:

GT350
Mach 1 w/ Handling Pkg
Model 3 Performance

My past 3 cars were mustangs - the Bronco was supposed to be my go anywhere do anything vehicle... looks like I may have to go with one of the above. Not really interested in the other offroad offerings.

I've waited long enough... longer than normal that is. I'm not patient when it comes to vehicle purchases.

Plus - I'm bored of driving my company Silverado...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is not Fiat RAM, simply RAM is the brand. I believe they did this for EPA mpg reasons. As a separate brand with no cars, only trucks, they get a break and their poor mileage numbers do not adversely affect the rest of the FCDJ (R) corporate numbers
It was Fiat Chrysler (manufacturer), RAM (brand). Apparently now they've dropped the Fiat Chrysler name too and the company is named Stellantis.

Sponsored

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really wanted this to be a thing.

Reservation made 07/21/2020, order placed 02/02/2021.

Going in on Friday to build a 2022 Tacoma. Which ever arrives first wins.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wish there was a plan b.

After the new airbag issue this week, I said eff it and went back.. Actually reached out to a top shop about whey an fj cruiser could be made soft top. No.
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 1633895355462

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 1633895379621

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 1633895672132

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wish they sold these in America.

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 1633895799013

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Bitten by the hybrid bug. Giving thought to F150 or new Tundra, both hybrids. Also waiting to see features of next gen 4Runner. Dark horse is Defender. My wife is a fan of Ineos cycling team so she’s wondering about a Grenadier.

Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco Off-Roadeo sold me for good on an off roader but my 7/14/2020 reservation that may not arrive until after Spring/Summer 2022 lost me.
A Granger Jeep Rubicon is in my future thanks to the great sales tool of the Bronco Off-Roadeo and Fords inability to build Broncos. :LOL:
Ford is going to build the Broncos and probably enough for all reservation holders up to this point that want to convert their reservations into orders. HOWEVER, is seems that most of those Broncos that Ford is going to produce will be heading to large dealerships as dealer stock. NOT to people who have reservations THAT THEY CONVERTED into an ORDER from a small dealership.

The key is CONVERTED ORDER…..If you only have a reservation and do not convert it, then shame on you as that does not give your small dealership the ability to fight as a reservation is only a “potential” order, not an actual order.

Last edited:

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Plan B, Jeep Gladiator Mojave. Already been playing with the configurator. Granger will be my dealer if I go this route.

djwils17

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands, Mercury Mariner, Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A different Ford. ;)

I'm a life-long Ford owner. Even with all of this nonsense I have zero desire to buy a non-Ford vehicle. Admittedly a lot of my "stickyness" to Ford is driven by my father's A-plan pricing (he's a retired Ford employee), which is very hard to beat in the current situation where vehicles are regularly selling above MSRP. But on a more practical level, I have worked on Fords all my life, I'm comfortable driving them, I'm comfortable working on them, and I have little reason to change.

So yeah... I'll probably just switch back to the Ford Ranger. That's what I intended to buy in 2020 anyway until the Bronco announcement changed my plans.

That said, my option B has always been Toyota. Either the 4Runner or Tacoma. Both are great vehicles... however... both are currently older generation vehicles and are looking kind of long in the teeth. So I would probably stick with my current vehicle as long as possible until one of those got a generational refresh.
I’m with you my father was head tin smith at both Mahwah & Edison/ Metuchen Ford plants in NJ always been a Ford guy. Will hold on to mid 22 then if I don’t have my Badlands may need to move on!

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plan B for me is Golf 8 R. Already own a GTI and if it wasn't for the Bronco, I wouldn't be even looking at off-road SUVs. Having said that, VW messed up the Golf 8 R release as well and it doesn't look like I'll be able to order it in SF Bay Area.

Plan C would be Defender 110. But we're talking about a similar wait with the Defender, up to 9-12 months.

Plan D, which is the most probable one at this point, is Model Y. Can't say I'm a fan of Teslas. But at least (1) I can order right now and (2) have a somewhat accurate delivery date.
Sponsored

Last edited: