Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford is going to build the Broncos and probably enough for all reservation holders up to this point that want to convert their reservations into orders. HOWEVER, is seems that most of those Broncos are heading to large dealerships as dealer stock, NOT to those that ORDERED a Bronco, because the person who ordered a Bronco ordered it from a smaller dealership.
Ford said Job 1 would be December 2020 and ramp up production by the 2nd quarter of 2021.
Ford originally stated reservations would be built before any stock orders.
Then they added weird allocation requirements on Jeep penetration in the region, order conversions, and name matching policy for minimum of 80%.
That wasn't enough so they decided to base a percentage on the previous 3 years Ford sales and changed percentages to get those stock units to their mega dealers.
I'm not mad, I'm just not willing to keep dangling on their hook as they fail to deliver on the majority of the rules they set in place and keep changing them to satisfy their mega dealers.
That my July 14 2020 reservation that was converted to order the first week Ford opened the order banks in January 2021 can't guarantee I will have my Bronco before June of 2022 doesn't work for me. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Last edited:

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford said Job 1 would be December 2020 and ramp up production by the 2nd quarter od 2021.
Ford originally stated reservations would be built before and stock orders.
Then they added weird allocation requirements on Jeep penetration in the region, order conversions, and name matching policy for minimum of 80%.
That wasn't enough so they decided to base a percentage on the previous 3 years Ford sales and changed percentages to get those stock units to their mega dealers.
I'm not mad, I'm just not willing to keep dangling on their hook as they fail to deliver on the majority of the rules they set in place and keep changing them to satisfy their mega dealers.
That my July 14 2020 reservation that was converted to order in January 2021 can't guarantee I will have my Bronco before June of 2022 doesn't work for me. 🤷‍♂️
I absolutely agree with you….If you have an order in, that should be a priority for Ford over dealer stock period. That is the point of reservations. It DOES NOT MATTER who we order our Broncos thru.

Now those who 99ed their orders do not have a dog in the fight until they convert to an actual order instead of a place holder. Once they convert, their order should take priority over any dealer stock as well!!!!

Unfortunately in the end, Ford does not care. Every Bronco they build will be sold and unless there is major push thru social media and actual coverage by other media outlets, there will be no changes. 😞

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would prefer the Bronco I ordered over the Rubicon. I would also prefer to be driving a Rubicon by May of 2022 instead of having no reliable promise from Ford of when I will get my order.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would prefer the Bronco I ordered over the Rubicon. I would also prefer to be driving a Rubicon by May of 2022 instead of having no reliable promise from Ford of when I will get my order.
That is exactly the same boat I am in….Are you thinking about going with the extreme recon package?

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You and me both! Wasn’t the plan, but…… If Ford doesn’t want Granger to sell me one of theirs, According to Zach, Stellantis does!

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 7D674B72-50B4-4E80-A963-ABA1B27B3363

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is exactly the same boat I am in….Are you thinking about going with the extreme recon package?
I was originally but now that I'm looking it over, probably not.
I am leaning towards the Sky One Touch top and the grille off road camera and the required packages that calls for. Also the towing package.
I will be traveling around the country with a teardrop next summer and the Sky Top is the most convenient way to go top/topless while away from home for an extended period.

KMK

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Audi Q8, I am holding strong but seriously considering I'll just get the bronco 23 or 24 and keep the jeep for off-roading till then.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was originally but now that I'm looking it over, probably not.
I am leaning towards the Sky One Touch top and the grille off road camera and the required packages that calls for. Also the towing package.
I will be traveling around the country with a teardrop next summer and the Sky Top is the most convenient way to go top/topless while away from home for an extended period.
That’s cool. Did you build your teardrop or did you buy it? Sounds like a lot of fun. What part of the country? I want to do something like that getting up thru Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s cool. Did you build your teardrop or did you buy it? Sounds like a lot of fun. What part of the country? I want to do something like that getting up thru Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire.
I'm shopping for it now, TAG is the current leader.
The entire country, it will be a 3ish month trip.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A different Ford. ;)

I'm a life-long Ford owner. Even with all of this nonsense I have zero desire to buy a non-Ford vehicle.
Exactly :D People want a Bronco, but if they can't get it on their terms, they'd rather punish Ford and shop elsewhere. I doubt there's anyone more anxious than Ford to get Broncos on the road. With the massive investment they have is gaining nothing until that happens.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Exactly :D People want a Bronco, but if they can't get it on their terms, they'd rather punish Ford and shop elsewhere. I doubt there's anyone more anxious than Ford to get Broncos on the road. With the massive investment they have is gaining nothing until that happens.
I couldn't care less about "punishing" Ford, I simply need a vehicle. It doesn't matter how anxious Ford is, they either succeed or fail at getting them on the road.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a consumer, I will NOT buy a vehicle that cannot be delivered in a timely manner, nor will I support a company that is more worried about the middle man than the end user.

My paycheck does not come easy, and I am not going to just hand over what money I do earn to a company that again, is more worried about the middle man (who I believe many are bullies), than myself being the actual end user.

Without me (the Consumer/Purchaser), there is NO MIDDLE MAN (Dealerships) and there is no product. I lost the idea of Brand Loyalty Years ago. I will buy the best product I can afford, where the producer of the product provides good customer service. Doesn’t have to be great, but the attempt and effort has to be there.

Covid is no longer an excuse and neither is the lack of effort to take care of the end user. If Ford continues down this path, as a 20 plus year Ford owner, I will no longer purchase Ford products.

Those that want to stick up for Ford, good on you. Keep giving them your money and I’m happy that you are happy. 👍

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a consumer, I will NOT buy a vehicle that cannot be delivered in a timely manner, nor will I support a company that is more worried about the middle man than the end user.

My paycheck does not come easy, and I am not going to just hand over what money I do earn to a company that again, is more worried about the middle man (who I believe many are bullies), than myself being the actual end user.

Without me (the Consumer/Purchaser), there is NO MIDDLE MAN (Dealerships) and there is no product. I lost the idea of Brand Loyalty Years ago. I will buy the best product I can afford, where the producer of the product provides good customer service. Doesn’t have to be great, but the attempt and effort has to be there.

Covid is no longer an excuse and neither is the lack of effort to take care of the end user. If Ford continues down this path, as a 20 plus year Ford owner, I will no longer purchase Ford products.

Those that want to stick up for Ford, good on you. Keep giving them your money and I’m happy that you are happy. 👍
I strongly doubt Ford is the only automaker worried about the middleman as it should be. After all, the dealer (middleman) is their customer and needs to build a relationship that works best for them. The dealer should be the one building customer relationships, since they become the owner and seller of the vehicle. Ford is mostly out of the picture at that point.