Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Buy crypto instead of a another new car and the money you make off increase of Bitcoin and alt coins will be enough for sizable down payment on when Broncos are more common. I’m not a financial advisor. :)
Ironically, I’m in a similar mindset now. I’ll just hold on to my 2004 F150. A bit rough looking, but runs really well. I’ll hold on to my Grangetober order and see what happens. I have a lightning reservation, but thinking I’ll end up waiting until the gen2 or a different electric truck all together. If I buy a truck it might be a F150 tremor or I’ll look around at other manufacturers now.

In the near term, I’ll keep putting some money in various alt coins with use cases that I view and having good potential. Heck I might pay cash for whatever comes my way in 2-3 years. Lol
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tacoma, everything in stock is the crap no one wants, no discounts, transmission is still awful, and the backseats are useless even for children.
I’m 6’4” and have a 2021 Tacoma crew cab. We routinely use the taco to pick up my folks. My wife is short (5’2”) and fits behind me with the seat all the way back, my dad (6’3”) moves up the passenger seat a few inches (knees still ~3” from the dashboard) and my mom (5’9”) is fine behind him. Saying the “backseats are useless even for children” is a bit dramatic. It’s not as spacious as my work vehicle (1500 crew cab Silverado), but it’s certainly adequate for a compact pickup. I don’t expect my 2 door Bronco to have anywhere near the rear seat space the Tacoma does. I’ll agree that the transmission could use some improvement.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My plan B is not a vehicle.

Made a decision to buy a vacation lake home over the weekend and will be purchasing a boat to go with it.

Needed something to look forward to.

Ford is the equivalent in my eyes to what Fredo was to Michael Corleone in “Godfather II. Complete betrayal.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ironically, I’m in a similar mindset now. I’ll just hold on to my 2004 F150. A bit rough looking, but runs really well. I’ll hold on to my Grangetober order and see what happens. I have a lightning reservation, but thinking I’ll end up waiting until the gen2 or a different electric truck all together. If I buy a truck it might be a F150 tremor or I’ll look around at other manufacturers now.

In the near term, I’ll keep putting some money in various alt coins with use cases that I view and having good potential. Heck I might pay cash for whatever comes my way in 2-3 years. Lol
I’d keep throwing money at Bitcoin and Cardano. Just do like $50 a week in the dips. Bitcoin is predicted to go over 60k again.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Next Gen 4Runner
Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Next Gen Colorado ZR2
Silverado ZR2

If I don't get a build date in Q1 2022, I'm out and won't purchase another Ford

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bought this truck last month, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Smile factor is huge.

My Bronco will arrive sometime, and I plan to enjoy it when it arrives. I'm just not emotionally vested in a vehicle, even this Bronco. for me it's about smiles.

If a vehicle (Bronco or other vehicle), or the vehicle buying process, doesn't give you smiles...just move on and find something else that will make you smile.

IMG_20210910_085959.jpg

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been a Lotus fan since I was a kid and never realized they had this. I might actually preorder one. I might go AMG engine
Its not out yet. Due out summer 2022 but all first year production will be first editions loaded out with a price tag of $96k. After the first year they are gonna drop to $80k intro base price.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Plan B is probably a 4 Runner

Sharky1951

Big Bend
First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery,viper, Mitsubishi 3000Gt,87 Benz 560sl
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am getting a 2 door black, mic top, sasquash,6 cylinder,automatic,loaded, Big Bend

Sponsored

c72k

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Leaning toward just ordering a Wrangler Sport at this point. Had one as a rental previously and was definitely not impressed, but theres not much else that fits the bill and they hold value very well. Have considered a 3rd gen 4Runner that I've wanted for awhile too

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bought my buddies 2019 Jeep Rubicon loaded with 14k miles at a trade in value 6 months ago once I learned I was out to 2023 with the Wildtrak with a painted top, also HATE the interior option on the most expensive trim level (stupid!). Here in NV there is no sales tax on a private party sale so it should be interesting when the time comes to commit if an extra $20K is worth getting the Bronco.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Gladiator Willys EcoDiesel in Gecko Green gets here between the 19th-28th. I ordered it 8/11/21.
Gets the same gas mileage as my WRX did but with fuel that is 40c/gallon cheaper.

With how the bronco launch has been the only ford I'm mildly interested in now is the Base no options Maverick.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been pricing out Ram 1500, Wrangler Willys and GMC Sierra.

I’m not a fan of the tighter rear seat opening of the Wrangler compared to Bronco. I have 2, boys that will probably be bigger than me (6’3”, 220#), so the rear seat comfort of the Bronco was very appealing to me. I’ve always liked Wranglers, but just never pulled the trigger.

I’m done with my brand loyalty for Ford. My wife never owned a Ford until we were married. I guess she isn’t married into it any longer. I was shopping F150 Tremors too, but there Ram Rebel looks every bit as capable. Granger will get my business one way or the other on this.

Ford better wake up, because I’m passing this “experience” down to my kids. Just like my dad did with his gen1 Bronco…

TriggerTX

First Name
Trigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 Ford T-Bird, Autozam AZ-1, Golf R, Suburban 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Going back to a Defender. I know them and love them. The new Bronco was what the new Defender should have been. Since Land Rover fucked that up and now Ford has fucked up the Bronco, I'll go back to what I know.
Sponsored