Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I currently drive a Gladiator. Which was supposed to hold me over until I ordered and received a Bronco. Well doubt that will be anytime in the next few years or more. But after driving a soft top demo I got soft top fever. My Gladiator is a hard top and even if I were to find a soft top at a decent price, I have nowhere to store my hard top. Seriously considering ordering a 2022 Willys Wrangler soft top with the Xtreme Recon package.
Can you do extreme recon in a willy's? I though that was just for Rubicon trim level.
Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Congrats on the JL Tim. We have really enjoyed ours. The thing that puzzles me is, if Jeep can get an order out in 6 weeks why in the hell can't Ford do the same? Just makes me wonder.
Perhaps because Jeep doesn't have 150k orders in place waiting to be delivered to reservation customers? Not even Jeep with a completely mature assembly line can build 150k units in 6 months. Their capacity it's a 220k per year in a assembly line that only do Wrangler.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did the same thingā€¦. Went out and test drove a rubicon last New Yearā€™s Day, had my custom ordered rubicon in my drive way in March 2021, all thanks to the ford bronco launch failure lol
You must be a prophet as on last December no-one imagine all this delays that happened this year.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
My PlanB delivered Monday, JL Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon.
8 weeks from order to delivery! Configuration is way more specific than Bronco ordering.

Received my Badlands order build date for Nov. 15 a couple weeks ago... so the dealer gets some lot stock, reservation holders get the finger.

... first step to recovery is recognizing you're in an abusive relationship...
Second step is recognizing that you're still in love that even having something else, still doing stalking on your previous relationship and brags that you have something else šŸ˜‰

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That right there might have just switched me to a Jeep, and a Willys, in fact. I've yet to place my order. I'm WAY down the list at a popular dealer so I'm thinking 23 at the earliest. As much as I love the Bronco, a wrangler might be the way to go at this point.

Nice ND hat by the way!
Did the weekend at Notre Dame for the Cincinnati game with 5 other Dads. A pretty amazing experience.

Sponsored

Stangcrazy66

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SHO, 2001 Cobra, 2021 bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plan B would be a tacoma. I've never owned anything but ford's. My dad and grandfather both ford retirees but this bronco cluster and lack of anything else appealing to me in their line up means I'll be jumping ship if my dealer decides to screw me and not do the z plan. Assuming my bronco ever leaves dirt mountain of coarse.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new Sierra looks niiiiiiiiiiiiice

LuckyNotAccurate

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I realize this isn't entirely the OPs question but I decided I'll wait Ford out and get something practical in the meantime. So enter my 2020 Subaru Outback Limited - 11k miles off lease of some guy with at least 2 dogs (the hair under the seats man...).

It's not the most exciting car in the world, but it's got AWD, good ground clearance for trails, great cargo area and dog-guy did me a favor and upgraded the wheels and tires right before he got rid of it, so it looks 50% better than most other outbacks. Whenever Ford decides to bless me by building my order my Lady will take the outback and replace her old Nissan and I'll have the Bronco.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ordered a Jeep Wrangler 4xe Sahara with the skytouch roof and a few other options. Living in a very densely populated area most of my driving is less than 10-15 miles round trip, my commute to work is 17 miles and I can charge for free there, so Iā€™ll get a lot of use out of the battery. Plus itā€™s the second most powerful wrangler ever made after the 392, and the $7500 off from the feds is icing on the cake. As an 8/21 bronco res Iā€™m looking forward to spending a couple/few years with it!

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You must be a prophet as on last December no-one imagine all this delays that happened this year.
I realized last December the shitshow that was shaping up, enough that I picked up a new Tacoma to get us by. I didnā€™t realize just how bad it would be, I expected to have a Bronco in the driveway maybe late summer 2021.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just ordered a Jeep Wrangler 4xe Sahara with the skytouch roof and a few other options. Living in a very densely populated area most of my driving is less than 10-15 miles round trip, my commute to work is 17 miles and I can charge for free there, so Iā€™ll get a lot of use out of the battery. Plus itā€™s the second most powerful wrangler ever made after the 392, and the $7500 off from the feds is icing on the cake. As an 8/21 bronco res Iā€™m looking forward to spending a couple/few years with it!
You're gonna love that Sky One Touch roof. Bought a Sahara last year for my wife with the One Touch and it's awesome.

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I reserved a Fisker Ocean as a just in case.

kirnma

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Plan B? I sold my 2016 GMC Canyon late last summer because I thought I'd get my Bronco by EOY 2021. Soon after my sale I learned that's not the case. My gut reaction is to go back to GM and get another Canyon. I really liked it, and it served me well. However, the other side of me says use Granger's 6% under invoice for a Bronco Sport, and give it to my wife when the Bronco comes in. I just wish I had a good reading on the Bronco delivery. I am a 7/18 reservation holder, which puts my reservation between the 225 and 250 allocation mark on Zach's chart. If Granger will deliver around 200 Broncos this year, I could be in the first half of 2022. I'm probably going to wait on Plan B just a bit longer.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I realized last December the shitshow that was shaping up, enough that I picked up a new Tacoma to get us by. I didnā€™t realize just how bad it would be, I expected to have a Bronco in the driveway maybe late summer 2021.
Do you still have the Bronco on your plans?
Sponsored