Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not cancelling regardless so there isn't a plan B.... that being said... shit drags on long enough I could easily see myself buying some sort of toy to hold me over... lol
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like more will be abandoning ship...

Bad news about MIC 2.0 quality after a few days

I'm trying to figure out right now is I can use the soft top. I need room for loading tall things, and that dang lower bar the rear window attaches too is the elephant in the room. I'll have to get a better measurement. It's really not the best design out there in my mind. The way things are going I'm beginning to think Ford is trying to screw this up.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm trying to figure out right now is I can use the soft top. I need room for loading tall things, and that dang lower bar the rear window attaches too is the elephant in the room. I'll have to get a better measurement. It's really not the best design out there in my mind. The way things are going I'm beginning to think Ford is trying to screw this up.
internship-meme-11.jpg

Sponsored

Primm907

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Picking up a 981 Cayman S on Friday to help "bridge the gap" until the Bronco is eventually available via Granger. Hard to beat the $2k under invoice deal...

It'll allow me to have some fun and reduce 100% dependency on the 100-series so I can exercise what my wife says I don't have -- patience.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Deferred to MY23 as I have given up. Killing Rapid Red was the final straw. And let's not even start with the ongoing quality issues...

Picking up a new '22 GX 460 in Claret Mica this week. The girlfriend loves the new Eruption Green, and wants it with a white top. She won't be ready to buy it until '23, so really it all kind of works out. I won't be as active here in the future, but I'll pop in from time to time.

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? 1635369403508

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's prob pretty obvious since I'm not really active here anymore lol, but ended up cancelling my day 2 reservation of a base bronco [3 pedals] in favor of yota continuity in my quiver:
4th gen t4r sport (1 owner low miles) to keep his grandpops [1st gen t4r] company :geek:
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? IMG_2076
Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? IMG_2064

Ford Bronco Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase? IMG_0709

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, about a month ago decided I was sick of waiting and bought a Wrangler Rubicon. The NEXT DAY I get the email from Ford saying my Bronco will be built...

Luckily the used car market is red hot and VROOM offered me $3k for the Jeep over what I bought it for.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's prob pretty obvious since I'm not really active here anymore lol, but ended up cancelling my day 2 reservation of a base bronco [3 pedals] in favor of yota continuity in my quiver:
4th gen t4r sport (1 owner low miles) to keep his grandpops [1st gen t4r] company :geek:

[/QUOTE

I wondered where you wondered off too my friend. It's good to hear you're still around. The 4 Runner was one of my thoughts at one time, and could very well return as an alternative to the Bronco. I'm sticking with my res for now.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, about a month ago decided I was sick of waiting and bought a Wrangler Rubicon. The NEXT DAY I get the email from Ford saying my Bronco will be built...

Luckily the used car market is red hot and VROOM offered me $3k for the Jeep over what I bought it for.
Ummm, I wonder if that would work for me......ya never know. :) Congratualtions on the build notice.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wondered where you wondered off too my friend. It's good to hear you're still around. The 4 Runner was one of my thoughts at one time, and could very well return as an alternative to the Bronco. I'm sticking with my res for now.
hahah yeah kinda irish good-bye'd the forums, my b.

I think I saw the messy writing on the wall after the long-anticipated debut of the build & price tool, or whatever you'd consider that POS at the time :poop:

It sounds like it's been only a rollercoaster of emotion since then w/ all the recent developments..
BUT, huge kudos to you and everyone else seeing it through, no doubt it will be a badass rig when you guys see it in 5-10 1-2 yrs ;)

Last edited:

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was the same way, so I measured, I don't completely remember exactly what it was, but I want to think 32" or so from the floor to the bottom edge of the soft top when pryed open.