Sponsored

Jumping Ship? - What's Your Plan B Vehicle Purchase?

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NOT GIVING UP…
However, it has taken a while for it to really sink in; how long it will take for my Grangetober order to be fulfilled.
I’m toying with the idea of seeing what kind of trade-in value I can get on my Tundra, and grabbing a Ranger at x-plan. Gas prices are also a factor.
For all you Ranger experts, how would you compare similarly priced models:
Lariat with FX4 vs. XLT with Tremor package?
Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
1636919842418.png

Can't deal with the Ford nonsense any more. I'll still wait & purchase one of my 2 Bronco reservations, who knows when it may be coming, can't even make a guess on what month and guessing 3rd qtr 2022. The fact that I'm guessing which quarter rather than knowing which is a Ford created problem, is a joke. I am not willing to accept Fords lack of appreciation of the Bronco following and wait for a vehicle any longer after Ford changing the allocation they sold us on, I call BS.

Ordered a week ago. I expect my 2022 Rubicon, 2.0T, leather, dual tops, tow, body color fenders in 8 - 10 weeks. After much research as a first time Jeep buyer I'm finding I like the product a lot and there is a ton of happy owners / none complaining about FCA or their ride.

I drove a bunch of them prior to ordering and am happy with the on road manners. You know off road its a winner, just would not be as good as a Bronco if you were planning on running an off road dirt race, which I am not. Expect to be much happier with this experience than Fords marketing failure they call the Bronco launch.

Ford created a Jeep fanboy, go figure:)
My plan B is most likely a 4xe but for all the same reasons. I can order one and receive it in weeks instead of months/years/no one knows for the Bronco. I also really love the Sky One Touch Power Roof for top off convenience. That option is likely 5+ years away for a Bronco considering the MIC situation.

The irony is Ford originally convinced me to come to this class of vehicle and I may end up being a Jeep customer by the end of '22. Interested to know how many people had to bail on their wait as well.

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got a flag from Ford. I guess they want me to fly it from my new Jeep while I'm waiting until 2025 for a Bronco :)

Last edited:

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just received Ford shipping notification on my Badlands 2dr order.

800 miles on the JL XR, no issues, no TSBs, no dealer shenanigans... give it 8 years, see if Ford irons out the mess.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just got a flag from Ford. I guess they want me to fly it from my new Jeep while I'm waiting until 2025 for a Bronco :)
May not be a bad idea. The prospect of dealing with all of these quality issues has got me wondering if I should wait also.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It’s gonna be awesome. I can’t wait to see the new Tundra TRD Pro in person and try out that new engine.
Have you heard anything firm that the 6th gen 4Runner will get the Tundra V-6?

The word over on the 4Runner forums is that the 6th gen 4Runner will only get a turbo-4 or a hybrid powertrain, not the Tundra V-6, if they are right.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not settled on any one backup plan, but they include:

* Keep my current MKZ for a few years longer
* Explorer
* Expedition
* Aviator
* Nautilus
* Nissan Z
* Mustang GT
* Mach E
* Mazda 6
* Mazda CX-9
* Accord
* F-Type

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am not settled on any one backup plan, but they include:

* Keep my current MKZ for a few years longer
* Explorer
* Expedition
* Aviator
* Nautilus

* Nissan Z
* Mustang GT
* Mach E

* Mazda 6
* Mazda CX-9
* Accord
* F-Type
Jumping ship, if I do, for me, means no Fords, since they have proven less than competent as demonstrated by the Explorer and Bronco launches as well as quality.

Sponsored

DwnSth

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2013 F150, 2014 GC, 2002 TJ,
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Patiently waiting...BUT...my wife has changed gears and is thinking about a Grand Wagoneer. The Bronco is an 'add to the Off road stable' vehicle so not a practical purchase at all. We wheel the heck out our jeeps and wanted to have the Bronco in the line up. Wonder if it's worthwhile taking delivery and trading on the GW? Not really sure what we'll do. Very much enjoyed driving the Bronco at Off roadeo so a bit torn. The delays and lack of communication or sympathy from Ford for people that reserved in the first 24 hours has also left a bad taste.

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve posted this elsewhere, but I made two reservations within the first hours on 7/13. One was gonna be a fun vehicle, one was gonna be a daily driver. The fun truck, a 2dr Base in EG, is supposedly going to be built in December. I’ll keep that one—I owe it to my 19 year old self and the ‘74 Bronco I had back then. Plus, they are fun, and so good-lookin’.

But I’ll probably sell the other one (when it finally gets made) to a buddy who really wants one. I’ll change the order to whatever he wants and sell it to him at cost.

And then I’ll never buy a Ford again. I was so excited for the Bronco, but the delays and (especially) the QC issues are really shocking. Disappointing, really.

Don’t worry—I won’t go to GM or FiatChrysler either. I’ll keep my current BMW X5 as a daily driver/road trip vehicle, and maybe replace it with an electric Volvo XC40 down the road.

And the Bronco can be a fun but bittersweet reminder of what the American auto industry used to stand for before it became Frequently Overpromise, Rarely Deliver.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ve posted this elsewhere, but I made two reservations within the first hours on 7/13. One was gonna be a fun vehicle, one was gonna be a daily driver. The fun truck, a 2dr Base in EG, is supposedly going to be built in December. I’ll keep that one—I owe it to my 19 year old self and the ‘74 Bronco I had back then. Plus, they are fun, and so good-lookin’.

But I’ll probably sell the other one (when it finally gets made) to a buddy who really wants one. I’ll change the order to whatever he wants and sell it to him at cost.

And then I’ll never buy a Ford again. I was so excited for the Bronco, but the delays and (especially) the QC issues are really shocking. Disappointing, really.

Don’t worry—I won’t go to GM or FiatChrysler either. I’ll keep my current BMW X5 as a daily driver/road trip vehicle, and maybe replace it with an electric Volvo XC40 down the road.

And the Bronco can be a fun but bittersweet reminder of what the American auto industry used to stand for before it became Frequently Overpromise, Rarely Deliver.
That's great, I've not heard that one before.

Frequently Overpromise, Rarely Deliver

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Patiently waiting...BUT...my wife has changed gears and is thinking about a Grand Wagoneer. The Bronco is an 'add to the Off road stable' vehicle so not a practical purchase at all. We wheel the heck out our jeeps and wanted to have the Bronco in the line up. Wonder if it's worthwhile taking delivery and trading on the GW? Not really sure what we'll do. Very much enjoyed driving the Bronco at Off roadeo so a bit torn. The delays and lack of communication or sympathy from Ford for people that reserved in the first 24 hours has also left a bad taste.
I hear ya, but if it’s gonna a fun vehicle and not a practical daily driver, I say wait for the Bronco…as you point out, they’re a ton of fun to drive and real head-turners.