Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all,

I might need to change my build to get my Bronco sooner. I was very content to hold out for the Modular Top, but then some moron hit my car on the highway and totaled it.

We were very fortunate no one was hurt, however, I’m at that awkward crossroads of needing a vehicle at the worst time.

My original build was a 2.7L 2DR CO Badlands w/High Package & Modular Top. I was a First Day Reservation. Do you know what I will need to sacrifice to get my Bronco ASAP? A salesman I was speaking to mentioned the Badlands & 2.7L were both restricted at the moment, though I just test drove a WT w/a 2.7.

Also, not a fair question, but do any of you know how late this type of order would push me? I genuinely apologize for this kind of thread, but when I thought my Bronco would be a MY23, I sort of mentally checked-out and wasn’t following news as ardently.

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I dropped mine from an OBX, 2.7, SAS, High, Roof Rack, and Towing to a Base, 2.3, Stick with just switches and a roof rack. This knocked 20K off the price and will hopefully get it built quicker.

When I initially reserved the Bronco back in 2020 this is the configuration I was going to order, but over the months and months of waiting I kept adding stuff. I figure I can do a lot of upgrades for 20K.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a day 1 res I imagine you'd be scheduled next round (prob Feb) as soon as you swap to any build with a soft top (even keeping the BL/2.7). That said you'd be looking at a March delivery maybe? Then again who knows

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4-dr 2.3L Softies are going to be the least constrained builds. Most often that will be a Big Bend or stripper OBX(mid only).
I was afraid of something like that. I hadn’t focused much on the MY22 Build & Price, but I started to remember why the Badlands was such an easy choice for me.

I’ve at least resigned to the idea I can do a 4DR Softtop, but I was hoping I could still do the 2.7L

Sponsored
OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dropped mine from an OBX, 2.7, SAS, High, Roof Rack, and Towing to a Base, 2.3, Stick with just switches and a roof rack. This knocked 20K off the price and will hopefully get it built quicker.

When I initially reserved the Bronco back in 2020 this is the configuration I was going to order, but over the months and months of waiting I kept adding stuff. I figure I can do a lot of upgrades for 20K.
I can relate to the add-ons. I started adding/convincing myself to upgrade High Package & Tow

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who knows. I have your exact build and an early first day reservation and still no vin. If you're at a large dealer you're chances may be better.....

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a day 1 res I imagine you'd be scheduled next round (prob Feb) as soon as you swap to any build with a soft top (even keeping the BL/2.7). That said you'd be looking at a March delivery maybe? Then again who knows
That’s best case scenario, then. I can convince myself to go w/a Softtop (only on a 4DR?) knowing I can order the Mod top down the road

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was afraid of something like that. I hadn’t focused much on the MY22 Build & Price, but I started to remember why the Badlands was such an easy choice for me.

I’ve at least resigned to the idea I can do a 4DR Softtop, but I was hoping I could still do the 2.7L
You can always try. It won't stop you from being scheduled being a day 1 reservation holder. But the quickest and near guarantee that you get scheduled is to build the least optioned Bronco with parts that aren't in demand (makes sense, right?) But of course, no one with any intention of holding onto the Bronco for long term and wanting to actually take it off road really wants a 2.3L Moar Door Softie on open diffs.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who knows. I have your exact build and an early first day reservation and still no vin. If you're at a large dealer you're chances may be better.....
I assume you changed the order to a MIC?

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will be February build at the earliest. I honestly wouldn't change anything except soft top. If Ford is incapable of building a day 1 reservation 3 months into the second year of production they need to hang it up.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’d keep the 2.7 and go soft top. My January 21 res got scheduled in the first 22 wave with a 2.7 and soft top.

edit: just realized you said 2DR so soft top wouldn’t be an option without opting for more doors.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s best case scenario, then. I can convince myself to go w/a Softtop (only on a 4DR?) knowing I can order the Mod top down the road
Be careful on the assumption that the HT will be an affordable option. In another group that I'm in, people that optioned the ST for quicker delivery have now inquired about the MIC top from the parts counter. They are getting quotes of $5K. The Mod will be much more.

I think for some that optioned the ST and want a HT may find it easier and cheaper to order another Bronco from the factory and drive the ST in the short-term. Flip the softie for money while the market demand is high and get the HT Bronco.

Murph56789

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncos/F350s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a day one reservation I’d think a 4 door soft top would get you a build date. Add on anything else. I was a day 2 reservation and picked up my bronco a few weeks ago. Had all the constraints other than hard top and 2 door.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be careful on the assumption that the HT will be an affordable option. In another group that I'm in, people that optioned the ST for quicker delivery have now inquired about the MIC top from the parts counter. They are getting quotes of $5K. The Mod will be much more.

I think for some that optioned the ST and want a HT may find it easier and cheaper to order another Bronco from the factory and drive the ST in the short-term. Flip the softie for money while the market demand is high and get the HT Bronco.
I thought about that, too. “What if I put in another build,” but like you said, a stripped down one.

Obviously, I benefit from a locked in price, but… I live in Missouri, so I’d get hit a gnarly sales tax on both.
:eek::eek::eek:

Unfortunately, I cant go that route, simply because I’d throw away $8-10K on taxes.

so, you’re giving good ideas, but unless I set up an LLC in Montana, this particular idea hits a snag
Sponsored