First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm confused.....you need a car now? So you're going to order one? I can't think of a slower way to get a car. Keep the Bronco order and go buy something used for now.
Sponsored

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My advice is to order the Bronco you want and don't short change yourself. Get a lease on whatever to hold you over (one that you can sell back at anytime).

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I believe anything with a day 1 soft top is likely going to the front of the line unless your dealer is in some kind of weird allocation situation. Build it the way you want it and go soft, it should work out.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Marauder Like others have said, your day1 res should trump any constraints. I would build it exactly the way you want it with the exception of a MIC or soft top.

But here's the thing, DO IT NOW. Call your dealer and see if they can get the order revised before scheduling emails go out today. We have seen people make changes the night before and get scheduled, there is a chance you can sneak in under the wire today.

Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As said above, keep your 2 door order and don't change anything.

Scour every car dealership in several states looking for abandoned 4 door big bend or base orders, dealer stock or Mannequins that aren't spoken for. You will find something.

If you are wanting a 2 door, you might not be totally happy with the 4 door. You'll still like the 4 door, but they aren't the same. Particularly if you are a large or broad shouldered person. The 2 door is roomier than the 4 door. The B Pillar is a little farther back and it makes a big difference.

And at risk of starting an issue(I do not want people getting mad and complaining to their dealer that they should be able to do what I am doing or complain to Ford that I am being allowed to do the following - I am buying a Demo/Mannequin. I am picking it up on Friday after Thanksgiving and fullfilling the last month of the required FCTP obligation. Then I'll buy it on December 28th. So you might not even have to wait to get the demo.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Getting a Bronco, fast, cheap is not going to happen. You can either search North America for a dealer demo or reseller and pay a big premium, or wait anywhere from 2-3 months if you strip down your original options, or wait for the original it may be 6 months. I would just buy a used vehicle and drive it until you get what you want.

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will be February build at the earliest. I honestly wouldn't change anything except soft top. If Ford is incapable of building a day 1 reservation 3 months into the second year of production they need to hang it up.
my wife was hour one base and got her's in october..sad very sad...

Big Blue

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I studied the constraints on this site and ordered a 2.3 Big Bend Soft top mid package. I was an August 13th reservation and I have had my Bronco since August 3rd. My truck was falling apart and I needed it as soon as possible. Love it so far but have not gone through a Massachusetts winter with just a soft top yet.

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There have been a lot of good replies to this and it is this helpfulness that really makes a forum shine. I would add that you may want to look into websites like swapalease or leasetrader to see if you could find a lease in your area that you could assume for 12-24 months. This would allow you to keep the reservation for the Bronco you want while getting a reliable vehicle that you are not paying taxes on or losing depreciation on.

I also wanted a mod top and while Ford has said they will be available possibly late 2022 or 2023 I'm not confident in that after all this. I have a reservation at Chapman Ford of Horsham, one of the dealers on the forum, with a special pricing so I don't want to really settle and lose the build I want or the options I want. However, I did place another order with a dealer about an hour and a half away from me for a 4dr, 2.7L, Sas, BD, Soft top to see if I could get something to drive and wheel in until I'm ready for the BL with Mod top I originally wanted becomes available.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you consider placing a completely new order for something that can be built quickly then trading it in when your original spec truck is built?? So having two orders at once??
That was a thought, but Missouri has sales taxes and theyā€™d likely tag me for $8-10K just in taxes.

so, solid thought, but if I did that, Iā€™d probably need to nefariously set up a fake company in some state without Sales Tax

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Welcome to the "Jagaloon Totalled my Ride" Club. Been here since March. If you want it now, you need to switch to a soft top ASAP. Only way to move up the line.
Does one exist on Bronco6G? Haha.

just could not have been worse timing!

Deleted member 21681

Not a bad thought, and Iā€™d considered it, but the payout is only $3.5-4K. So, the temp vehicle may not be desirable due to the nature of such a preowned vehicle and the current inflation impacting the Used Car Market.

Unfortunately, this is a sedan (Kia Optima) I bought in college, paid off years ago, and kept holding onto it waiting for the Bronco. So, it was reliable value for me, but if I bought it on the Used Market, itā€™d be around $7K, and Iā€™d basically piss away $4 K w/depreciation + tax. Iā€™d rather use that $4K towards Bronco accessories.
Iā€™d probably take the 4K loss, keep my dream build, and consider myself lucky that was the only real cost to the accident. Itā€™s not ideal, but it could have been much worse.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There have been a lot of good replies to this and it is this helpfulness that really makes a forum shine. I would add that you may want to look into websites like swapalease or leasetrader to see if you could find a lease in your area that you could assume for 12-24 months. This would allow you to keep the reservation for the Bronco you want while getting a reliable vehicle that you are not paying taxes on or losing depreciation on.

I also wanted a mod top and while Ford has said they will be available possibly late 2022 or 2023 I'm not confident in that after all this. I have a reservation at Chapman Ford of Horsham, one of the dealers on the forum, with a special pricing so I don't want to really settle and lose the build I want or the options I want. However, I did place another order with a dealer about an hour and a half away from me for a 4dr, 2.7L, Sas, BD, Soft top to see if I could get something to drive and wheel in until I'm ready for the BL with Mod top I originally wanted becomes available.
Thatā€™s a great suggestion. Iā€™d not heard of a lease swap.

Youā€™re absolutely right about the Forum Community, too. All great suggestions that are absolutely knocking it out of the park.
Sponsored