Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought about that, too. “What if I put in another build,” but like you said, a stripped down one.

Obviously, I benefit from a locked in price, but… I live in Missouri, so I’d get hit a gnarly sales tax on both.
:eek::eek::eek:

Unfortunately, I cant go that route, simply because I’d throw away $8-10K on taxes.

so, you’re giving good ideas, but unless I set up an LLC in Montana, this particular idea hits a snag
I feel your pain, I'm also in St. Louis and some hoosier totaled my daily driver a couple of weeks ago, and I'm still trying to figure out a medium-term solution while I wait for my Bronco.

It may be worth checking out the MO vehicle sales tax credit rules. I'm just going from memory, but if you sell a vehicle within I wanna say 6 months and purchase another one, you get credited towards the sales taxes on the second vehicle. The last time some hoosier totaled my car I was literally on the way to the DMV to take care of taxes and title. Ended up having to pay taxes and title on the totaled car, but I only had to pay the difference in sales tax on the second one.
Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd go buy a disposable car for $3k in the meantime... something you can still sell for about the same amount of money in 6-9 months or whenever your Bronco is done.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Went from a 4 door Sasquatch Badlands w/ mic, lux and leather to a 4 door Sasquatch Badlands w/ soft, high and MGV and got picked up in a week. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Hearing about how the heated wheel isn't very warm and the leaking roofs have me pretty happy with my Bronco coming.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered a plain 4 door big bend in August. It's built and on its way. Expect the call from the dealer any day.

Sponsored

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My put. Keep all your options including badlands with one exception. Change to MIC top and never look back. Don't settle on a 4 door. Day one reservation should put you close to the front. Tons of badlands and 2 doors are being built now, mine included.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey all,

I might need to change my build to get my Bronco sooner. I was very content to hold out for the Modular Top, but then some moron hit my car on the highway and totaled it.

We were very fortunate no one was hurt, however, I’m at that awkward crossroads of needing a vehicle at the worst time.

My original build was a 2.7L 2DR CO Badlands w/High Package & Modular Top. I was a First Day Reservation. Do you know what I will need to sacrifice to get my Bronco ASAP? A salesman I was speaking to mentioned the Badlands & 2.7L were both restricted at the moment, though I just test drove a WT w/a 2.7.

Also, not a fair question, but do any of you know how late this type of order would push me? I genuinely apologize for this kind of thread, but when I thought my Bronco would be a MY23, I sort of mentally checked-out and wasn’t following news as ardently.

Thank you in advance!
The number one factor is dealer allocation and your priority at that dealer. I wouldn't change any about the build, but I would plead with your dealer for a priority build. Alternatively, maybe you can lease something until your Bronco arrives at that same dealer (maybe they will hook you up). Tremor Ranger or F-Series to hold you over.

Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s best case scenario, then. I can convince myself to go w/a Softtop (only on a 4DR?) knowing I can order the Mod top down the road
You can get a better (not hard) aftermarket top later.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup. And don't forget....there are some poor bastards that have been stuck in production purgatory(non DM) for more then two months. Then another month at least for delivery.
3 months to be exact on the mountain and currently 20 days post-release. Still no Bronco.

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered a plain 4 door big bend in August. It's built and on its way. Expect the call from the dealer any day.
My first build was a BB and I jumped to a black diamond for the floors/MGV seats....I might jump back if I don't see an email by February so I can get it for summer

Sponsored

802Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 XLT F150 Crew, 1999 Ranger, 2002 Mastercraft
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That was a thought, but Missouri has sales taxes and they’d likely tag me for $8-10K just in taxes.

so, solid thought, but if I did that, I’d probably need to nefariously set up a fake company in some state without Sales Tax
In my state you get 100 percent credit against the purchase price for your trade that you already paid sales tax on.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was afraid of something like that. I hadn’t focused much on the MY22 Build & Price, but I started to remember why the Badlands was such an easy choice for me.

I’ve at least resigned to the idea I can do a 4DR Softtop, but I was hoping I could still do the 2.7L
I would put in the order for the BL 2.7L then wait a couple weeks to see if it gets scheduled. If not after after the 3rd week then drop to a 2.3L. I drove the BB 2.3 Auto in Sport mode and that thing was a blast. I think a BD 2.3 Man in Sport mode would be even better because of the gearing, but if you want the Mid package then you will have to go BL 2.3 if you wan the Man... you lose Sport mode but with the forscan hack you can add it back in

Last edited:

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After reading your reply about working remotely, carpooling and having a 1st car still, maybe consider just going with all of that and supplementing with an occasional Uber or lift ride. Money saved in insurance, gas and etc. would cover a few trips per month if not too far. And if planned in advance a rental for a few days or weekend can fill in too.

Talk with a manager at an Enterprise and let them know your situation and if they have cars "off rent" (business travelers don't use cars on weekends, so one that does a lot of business rentals) for the weekend and if you are given a good price you'd like to rent from them; a car sitting on the lot makes $0, so even half the rent is better than zero. Use the words "off rent" and you're be speaking their lingo.

Last edited:

Chaos

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly, have your dealer change you to an MIC top ASAP. The MOD top makes your build unbuildable. As a day 1 reservation holder you should get a build date right away or next go around that your build can be previewed. Review your dora and make sure everything is OK and you do not have a 99 priority code. If you do not get a build date sometime in December, then consider changing to a 4dr, unless you want a 4dr..... Beyond that, I would just buy another vehicles. Getting into production or getting a build date is just one hurdle, loads of time till delivery.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all,

I might need to change my build to get my Bronco sooner. I was very content to hold out for the Modular Top, but then some moron hit my car on the highway and totaled it.

We were very fortunate no one was hurt, however, I’m at that awkward crossroads of needing a vehicle at the worst time.

My original build was a 2.7L 2DR CO Badlands w/High Package & Modular Top. I was a First Day Reservation. Do you know what I will need to sacrifice to get my Bronco ASAP? A salesman I was speaking to mentioned the Badlands & 2.7L were both restricted at the moment, though I just test drove a WT w/a 2.7.

Also, not a fair question, but do any of you know how late this type of order would push me? I genuinely apologize for this kind of thread, but when I thought my Bronco would be a MY23, I sort of mentally checked-out and wasn’t following news as ardently.

Thank you in advance!
IMO; leave your build the way you really want it. Buy some cheap used vehicle to get you by until your Bronco comes in. Heck....you may be able to trade it in for more than you paid for it (the temp. vehicle).
Sponsored