First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've bought 3-4 first year models, but never as my only car. Need to have something to fall back on. In 1996 I got a new Camaro and they had a new catalytic converter that differed from previous models. The MTBE added to gas destroyed mine and dealer said it would be at least a year til I could get a new one and drive it. That wasn't a new model but had a new part that was in short supply due to government mandate.

Long story short I ended up having to sell it months after buying it and lost alot. Since then I've always had 2 cars.
Sponsored

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe try to find a cheap temp vehicle and leave order as is? Sell the temp once bronco arrives?

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Had a similar situation. I ended up buying a cheap runaround to bridge the gap until the Bronco arrived. If you are reasonably savvy about how you do this and take care of the temporary car then the cost of doing so (assuming you sell it when the Bronco arrives) will be substantially less than renting a car for that period.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all,

I might need to change my build to get my Bronco sooner. I was very content to hold out for the Modular Top, but then some moron hit my car on the highway and totaled it.

We were very fortunate no one was hurt, however, I’m at that awkward crossroads of needing a vehicle at the worst time.

My original build was a 2.7L 2DR CO Badlands w/High Package & Modular Top. I was a First Day Reservation. Do you know what I will need to sacrifice to get my Bronco ASAP? A salesman I was speaking to mentioned the Badlands & 2.7L were both restricted at the moment, though I just test drove a WT w/a 2.7.

Also, not a fair question, but do any of you know how late this type of order would push me? I genuinely apologize for this kind of thread, but when I thought my Bronco would be a MY23, I sort of mentally checked-out and wasn’t following news as ardently.

Thank you in advance!
I'm a first day, by dropping the mod you may get picked up wo other changes. My build date is 12/13

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a first day, by dropping the mod you may get picked up wo other changes. My build date is 12/13
When was your reservation and how big is your dealer?

Sponsored

mikehanchoIII

Base
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta, Titanium Hatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put in my reservation for a 2DR Base Standard back in March.. which was at the 9th inning for reservations. Order right after that. Late by all means. I changed mine to a 4DR 2.7 in October of this year. I just got my build date for the week of Jan. 24. Insane.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all,

I might need to change my build to get my Bronco sooner. I was very content to hold out for the Modular Top, but then some moron hit my car on the highway and totaled it.

We were very fortunate no one was hurt, however, I’m at that awkward crossroads of needing a vehicle at the worst time.

My original build was a 2.7L 2DR CO Badlands w/High Package & Modular Top. I was a First Day Reservation. Do you know what I will need to sacrifice to get my Bronco ASAP? A salesman I was speaking to mentioned the Badlands & 2.7L were both restricted at the moment, though I just test drove a WT w/a 2.7.

Also, not a fair question, but do any of you know how late this type of order would push me? I genuinely apologize for this kind of thread, but when I thought my Bronco would be a MY23, I sort of mentally checked-out and wasn’t following news as ardently.

Thank you in advance!
Well I don’t know…. I just got my scheduled for production email today! And I’m a two door 2.7 L mid package Bb. I did modify by removing roof rails, trailer tow and modular bumper. Reserved end of December 2020. I was literally shocked, tbh. I thought it was an error. But obviously I’m happy!

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check this guy out, glad for him but wth?

Ford Bronco Jumping to the Front of the Line Screenshot_20211118-171506_Facebook

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey all,

Thank you in advance!
Haven't read the whole thread, but as a first day reservation, I would think you should just tell your dealer to place your order "as is" right now and see what happens. You'll have to choose a top obviously, but I wouldn't change to soft top just in hopes of getting it sooner. There's lots of MIC builds getting scheduled. And lots of 2.7's

My bet is you'll get scheduled fairly soon.

Last edited:

Sponsored

qbd1414

Big Bend
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why don't you keep your day 1 reservation as is and just walk in to a dealer tomorrow and order a 4 door Big Bend soft top with mid package as a new order ... or a 4 door base... or 4 door Outerbanks soft top all with 2.3 no high than a mid package and non-sas ... get a production date and drive that until you can get your dream Badlands but keep the day one reservation so you can stay with the day one reservation price guarantee of mod/soft top. Then trade when you get the better build.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think you’ve gotten your answer regarding the build that should produce a quicker build date.

I am going to offer a different POV - why not take the payout from the insurance company and find a used car that gets you from point A to point B while waiting for your preferred build? As someone pointed out, even if you adjust your build and get selected, you’re still looking at a ~3 month wait.
I was thinking the same thing. Start scouring the for sale by owner adds. Buying a hooptie from a dealer that isn't twice the price is impossible these days.

@Marauder Josh, I was happy to hear no one was hurt in the accident. Good luck on your choice. I hope it all works out for you.

imme267

Outer Banks
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FWIW I placed an order on 10/16 with no reservation and I just got the build email for 1/24. I have a 4dr soft top OBX with lux, towing, and 2.7.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Meanwhile at Granger... ;) I believe I am still 900+ out.
Can I sit beside you my friend. It's kinda crowed in the back of the room. :)
Sponsored